Aug 15, 2017
I do have one small complaint though, and it's probably gonna touch into something there are probably pages of people crying over already... The NTR... It says avoidable, but in the walk through on the first post it blindsides you into going straight at it... Obviously I can load an earlier save and try to take a different path to make sure events don't line up to that disgusting scene...

I do have a question about the ramifications of not going down that route... Is there a alternate way to make up your stats ? Say I just don't want to train with Thadeus at all so he never touches Eveleyn, can I get courage points from a different person/training ?
If you read the introduction to the walkthrough, there is a section, in bold, that addresses this. Here is a more detailed explanation.

Assuming you interrupt Evelyn and Thaddeus on Day 6, the first time the walkthrough has you see them together, you lose 20 copper, 10 each subsequent Friday, within the timeframe of the walkthrough. That is the same amount you get for hunting boar once with a Pathfinding score of 3. The use of copper so far is limited. You use it to train the last training session with the Crone that's currently in the game. You pay Samarra for agility training. If you have 20 copper when you chose to work for Callie, you'll get an option to pay for a customer's dress in exchange for a blowjob. Given that you are skipping spying on Evelyn and Thaddeus twice by interrupting immediately, you save 2 day parts, which is also the amount of time it takes to hunt boar, you can be at the exact same point in the game in exactly the same amount of time while avoiding NTR as you can by allowing it.

Reactions: Rythan25 and Belle

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
If you read the introduction to the walkthrough, there is a section, in bold, that addresses this. Here is a more detailed explanation.

Assuming you interrupt Evelyn and Thaddeus on Day 6, the first time the walkthrough has you see them together, you lose 20 copper, 10 each subsequent Friday, within the timeframe of the walkthrough. That is the same amount you get for hunting boar once with a Pathfinding score of 3. The use of copper so far is limited. You use it to train the last training session with the Crone that's currently in the game. You pay Samarra for agility training. If you have 20 copper when you chose to work for Callie, you'll get an option to pay for a customer's dress in exchange for a blowjob. Given that you are skipping spying on Evelyn and Thaddeus twice by interrupting immediately, you save 2 day parts, which is also the amount of time it takes to hunt boar, you can be at the exact same point in the game in exactly the same amount of time while avoiding NTR as you can by allowing it.
Thanks for the explanation ! That would help a lot, however as the other guy said there is no alternate way of getting courage if you tick off Thadeus it seems...

Is the dev of this game a female ? The writing for one is hilarious, loving almost every character interaction so far, loving he quirky characters and want to learn more about them. Lastly, I have yet to watch the NTR anal scene, but I am 1/2 on it, while the kissing scene upset me and made me rage a little, the BJ scene didnt bother me at all !!

This is why I am curious if the dev or at least the writer is female, as usually male written NTR scenes always have the female turn off her brain to become a fuck-toy that wants to be abused and humiliated, or raped.... here while the kissing scene triggered me a bit due to Evelyn actually being seduced and aroused by the "big bad /sarcasm alpha/ male", the BJ scene had her in complete control, she was using him, and leading him on without getting invested in it !! Great stuff right there !! Hell even Belle (favorite character btw) said "she could make him orgasm without even touching him if she wanted !

It probably made it easier to deal with Thadeus and Evelyn stuff thanks to dev also putting in the Fairy Queen segment LOL, while I felt bad for the Fairy King, the way the dude was acting I was like "dude your making me not feel bad about the MC cucking you !"

Anyways kudos to you dev, I am loving your game, and the writing has me invested in what can possibly happen further down the line, the royal sisters story line so far is what I am most interested in and theorizing like crazy what could possibly happen ! (so far my leading theory is a "Man in the Iron Mask" scenario from the DiCaprio move).

Reactions: kalifianto

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Thanks for the explanation ! That would help a lot, however as the other guy said there is no alternate way of getting courage if you tick off Thadeus it seems...
Not true at all. You don't have to worry about being "punished" for choosing one path over another for that particular plot. I'm more about rewarding each path in different ways. Beyond a slight change in one bit of dialogue, the Evelyn/Thaddeus thing doesn't affect courage training at all.

Is the dev of this game a female ? The writing for one is hilarious, loving almost every character interaction so far, loving he quirky characters and want to learn more about them. Lastly, I have yet to watch the NTR anal scene, but I am 1/2 on it, while the kissing scene upset me and made me rage a little, the BJ scene didnt bother me at all !!

This is why I am curious if the dev or at least the writer is female, as usually male written NTR scenes always have the female turn off her brain to become a fuck-toy that wants to be abused and humiliated, or raped.... here while the kissing scene triggered me a bit due to Evelyn actually being seduced and aroused by the "big bad /sarcasm alpha/ male", the BJ scene had her in complete control, she was using him, and leading him on without getting invested in it !! Great stuff right there !! Hell even Belle (favorite character btw) said "she could make him orgasm without even touching him if she wanted !
While I won't comment on what gender I am, what I will say is that I write my characters as if they are actual people. Most adult game developers create their characters as vessels for the scenes they want to see. It means that the characters will sometimes disagree with the direction I intended to take them in, forcing me to change things around, but that's okay. It makes for a better story with more believable characters.

I'm also "respectful" towards the characters I write. What I mean by that is that the characters have agency and don't just exist as sexual gratification for the player. They have their own needs and wants, and they don't always fit well into the player's schemes. Characters like Evelyn are strong and independent, able to make their own decisions and make positive change even if the player doesn't get involved.

Anyways kudos to you dev, I am loving your game, and the writing has me invested in what can possibly happen further down the line, the royal sisters story line so far is what I am most interested in and theorizing like crazy what could possibly happen ! (so far my leading theory is a "Man in the Iron Mask" scenario from the DiCaprio move).
Thank you! :)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
...I will say is that I write my characters as if they are actual people. Most adult game developers create their characters as vessels for the scenes they want to see. It means that the characters will sometimes disagree with the direction I intended to take them in, forcing me to change things around, but that's okay. It makes for a better story with more believable characters.

I'm also "respectful" towards the characters I write. What I mean by that is that the characters have agency and don't just exist as sexual gratification for the player. They have their own needs and wants, and they don't always fit well into the player's schemes. Characters like Evelyn are strong and independent, able to make their own decisions and make positive change even if the player doesn't get involved.
I think the mark of a good game (or book) is one that sparks players (readers) to think and then motivates them to speculate about where the adventure is headed and create their own "what if" scenarios. Belle's game is definitely one of those.

That being said I still suspect the pixie is real and a ghostwriter for the game.

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I just got some good news from Patreon. They have given me access to their Charge Up Front feature, so that should be the end of fake pledges. It will make the total pledge amount far more accurate from the beginning of next month. I explaining the changes and what they mean for both new and old patrons.

This takes a load off my shoulders, let me tell you. It's been so annoying watching people fake pledge all the time. If people want to pirate my game, the least they can do is to not flaunt it in my mailbox.

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
Good news.
Less worries equals easier focus and relaxed times...
All the best for everyone

Reactions: Belle

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I just got some good news from Patreon. They have given me access to their Charge Up Front feature, so that should be the end of fake pledges. It will make the total pledge amount far more accurate from the beginning of next month. I explaining the changes and what they mean for both new and old patrons.

This takes a load off my shoulders, let me tell you. It's been so annoying watching people fake pledge all the time. If people want to pirate my game, the least they can do is to not flaunt it in my mailbox.
It's weird that people use fake pledges. I mean coming here is literally one easy Google search away, making a fake pledge harder both in execution and concept.

Well, anyway happy for ya!

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
Well When you become a patron, depending on how much you give to the dev you get some bonus features. Like earlier release, special renders etc...

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Why would Patreon even do something like not collecting money immediately? This is literally how nearly every common commercial exchange has worked since the beginning of trade. Go try and buy a car by telling the dealership "Look I'll take the car now, but I pinky swear I'll pay you later."

Nice to know you are going to get the money you deserve Belle.
and-there-was-much-rejoicing.jpg
Plus you are one of the nicest and the most pirate friendly devs ever, so why jerk you around?

Reactions: fanboi and Belle
U

User_32285

Why would Patreon even do something like not collecting money immediately? This is literally how nearly every common commercial exchange has worked since the beginning of trade. Go try and buy a car by telling the dealership "Look I'll take the car now, but I pinky swear I'll pay you later."

Nice to know you are going to get the money you deserve Belle.
View attachment 112813
Plus you are one of the nicest and the most pirate friendly devs ever, so why jerk you around?
I agree with your point, but that's a really bad example as cars and many other consumer items are easily bought by paying in installments.

And these examples also have a way to be reclaimed if the installments are not payed, which is hard in the case of a Patreon game.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not to labor a point but the bank pays the dealership for the car and you pay the bank (plus interest).
So if you ever pay extra on a car payment to pay it off faster make sure the extra goes to the principal a lot of banks put it toward the interest.

4.60 star(s) 375 Votes