Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It isn't that you made her uncomfortable, it's that you failed to fully make her comfortable. If you want a more technical explanation, read the spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are a few things you can do to test if Primrose has enough of a crush on the player to get that scene. If, when you first tell Primrose she's being investigated, she gives you a kiss, then you'll get the scene. If, after you work, you ask Primrose if she'll pay you with a kiss and she gets flustered, you'll get that scene. If you ask Primrose for her panties and she gives them to you, you'll get that scene.
Some of these details may get tweaked as the game gets more complete, but for now, the basic explanation behind how Primrose starts to develop a crush on the player is that she doesn't really take him seriously until he demonstrates a clear interest in the things she cares about. She can appreciate being around him, receiving help, and even talking to him to a limited degree, but it's not until you show that you've read that book that she realizes that you actually care enough about her to spend time on something she has a passion for. She's a little slow on the uptake when it comes to anything social, so getting close to her is a little tricky. The idea is that she dislikes pushy people or people who insist on small talk for no apparent reason. What she wants is someone who respects her and can appreciate spending time with her sharing a good book, even if you don't talk.

In other words, she's a real introvert.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
As an introvert myself, I see a little of myself when there's a scene with Primrose both good and bad. For a long-term partner, I would love to have someone like Primrose. However, I think it would be better for me if I had someone that was more ambiverted.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
So far Belle (developer, not pixie) was releasing new version of game at end of every month. So, probably in range from Friday to next Tuesday.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
Belle got a full time job so for a release to happen every month is just awesome. it takes a lot to use up all your precious free time to work on a project like this.

puts the people that make enough money on Patreon to be able to do this full time to shame though (i can think of a few that are molasses slow with releases or have not released anything at all in months but pull in thousands of dollars monthly)

Reactions: Thermophob

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So far Belle (developer, not pixie) was releasing new version of game at end of every month. So, probably in range from Friday to next Tuesday.
I always state the release window for the next release on the top of my Patreon page. This month's release is different in that it will happen at the beginning of August instead of the end of July. From then on out all releases will happen at the beginning of their respective months instead of the end.

The reason I made this change was to avoid double-charging new patrons who only hear about the game when a new release is out. This is a result of the Charge Upfront functionality on Patreon that was recently enabled for all creators.

It only means the release will be out a few days later than usual though, and just this once.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I always state the release window for the next release on the top of my Patreon page. This month's release is different in that it will happen at the beginning of August instead of the end of July. From then on out all releases will happen at the beginning of their respective months instead of the end.

The reason I made this change was to avoid double-charging new patrons who only hear about the game when a new release is out. This is a result of the Charge Upfront functionality on Patreon that was recently enabled for all creators.

It only means the release will be out a few days later than usual though, and just this once.
Well, thanks for detailed update on your release schedule, and keep good work. :)

Futuredark

Mar 7, 2017
The juxtaposition is funny, even if the reason Belle's delaying by a couple days is just to make sure that patrons are less likely to get screwed over.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
It's one main ending with small variations. The end game is going to be a series of challenges that force you to use things you've learned throughout the game to succeed. How far you get determines what ending you get. A happy ending requires you to win almost all of the challenges.

Additionally, there will be character-specific endings based on choices you've made. For example, if Evelyn left, she'll have a different ending than if she didn't (though there'll be far more to it than just that).
Since a happy ending needs you to get the majority of the challenges right, is there a bad ending?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Since a happy ending needs you to get the majority of the challenges right, is there a bad ending?
There will be several degrees of bad endings. If you fail all the challenges, it's going to get pretty dark.

Reactions: Cream

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
It's one main ending with small variations. The end game is going to be a series of challenges that force you to use things you've learned throughout the game to succeed. How far you get determines what ending you get. A happy ending requires you to win almost all of the challenges.
Ooh, this is where the +version comes in, right? I take it the chances to get the "best" ending will be impossible with the first run, but we have to do it again to get it?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Ooh, this is where the +version comes in, right? I take it the chances to get the "best" ending will be impossible with the first run, but we have to do it again to get it?
Kind of. As long as things go as planned, getting the best ending should be possible, but extremely unlikely, on your first playthrough. Think of it in terms of the Persona games. It's possible to max out all your relationships/confidants on your first playthrough, but most players won't be able to without a walkthrough.

I'm going to argue that a player is going to get the best experience out of this game by not seeing the best ending on the first go. This will make sense at some point in the future.

Reactions: kalifianto

Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
@booom313 Can we get an updated .10.1 Android release for Long Live the Princess added?
I wish I had the know how to do it, but alas my coding days did not go over well with my brain.

Mar 27, 2018
Kind of. As long as things go as planned, getting the best ending should be possible, but extremely unlikely, on your first playthrough. Think of it in terms of the Persona games. It's possible to max out all your relationships/confidants on your first playthrough, but most players won't be able to without a walkthrough.

I'm going to argue that a player is going to get the best experience out of this game by not seeing the best ending on the first go. This will make sense at some point in the future.

I've still to finish persona 5 because I fucked up with leveling and locked myself into a romance with a character i didn't want to. Spent about 80 on the deluxe edition as well.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes