Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Did i miss something that I can't present any clues to Samarra once Primrose is in the cell?

For some reason i have been running around in circles in the game unlocked almost everything, but I cannot investigate for the scales outside in the alley, the only thing that i found there any any point was a woman when talking about the books before.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Did i miss something that I can't present any clues to Samarra once Primrose is in the cell?

For some reason i have been running around in circles in the game unlocked almost everything, but I cannot investigate for the scales outside in the alley, the only thing that i found there any any point was a woman when talking about the books before.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks but it's a bit difficult when she's in the dungeon. I thought i was allowed to bring evidence afterwards? Or is it too late to collect? I saw her already when she was on the floor cleaning but i never connected to go investigate the alley, i inviestigated everything inside the library first

I can't investigate the alley.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks but it's a bit difficult when she's in the dungeon. I thought i was allowed to bring evidence afterwards? Or is it too late to collect? I saw her already when she was on the floor cleaning but i never connected to go investigate the alley, i inviestigated everything inside the library first
I haven't played with her in dungeon, sorry. I guess there is explanation in walkthrough.
EDIT: no there isn't.
Dunno, go to alley and then to crone, see if you could get trails.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I haven't played with her in dungeon, sorry. I guess there is explanation in walkthrough.
I looked into it but i couldn't find it, Maybe i'm just blind though, but i think i fucked it up with that, i was a lot slower than the walkthrough at playing through most things, wanted to play it my own way first, but when this happened i went into the walkthrough and couldn't find the same situation, it says to go talk to her in the tent and give clues but i have no option to do so, i already put the spell on her too, both of them actually with the small secrets, can't do the big one yet because im missing that alley clue

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017

I can't investigate the alley.
The investigation will remain open regardless of whether or not Primrose is in the dungeon. You're probably missing something.

Reactions: Thermophob

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The investigation will remain open regardless of whether or not Primrose is in the dungeon. You're probably missing something.
Is there any screenshot or anything that i can send to you to help you find out what the issue is? Because honestly i think im on like day 60, i did all the stats to max,

Yennefer

Feb 7, 2018
Haven't played this in a while I think I still have version 8.1 on my PC lol
I'm gonna wait for next version then start again because this is one of the best games on here !:eazyHype:

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
@ Here you go :)
I just had a look at your game. I think you might have stumbled upon a rather blatant logic error in the progression script, one that I'm amazed I didn't run into myself or receive reports about from others. Samarra's "Present a clue" dialog option only appears if a certain variable is below a set value, but it will always be above this value if Primrose is arrested. I must have missed this in testing by solving most of the case before Primrose was arrested. If you don't get the final clue from Samarra before she arrests Primrose, it appears you're out of luck. I'll create a quick fix for this in version 0.11. Sorry about the trouble.

Reactions: Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I just had a look at your game. I think you might have stumbled upon a rather blatant logic error in the progression script, one that I'm amazed I didn't run into myself or receive reports about from others. Samarra's "Present a clue" dialog option only appears if a certain variable is below a set value, but it will always be above this value if Primrose is arrested. I must have missed this in testing by solving most of the case before Primrose was arrested. If you don't get the final clue from Samarra before she arrests Primrose, it appears you're out of luck. I'll create a quick fix for this in version 0.11. Sorry about the trouble.
AHA! I knew i wasn't crazy, too bad i spent like 3-4 hours trying to get past and turn on every rock. Happy to have assisted in some bug killing though, Is there a specific value i can flip with a save editor to get past this? Eager to see what I have missed...

/A

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
AHA! I knew i wasn't crazy, too bad i spent like 3-4 hours trying to get past and turn on every rock. Happy to have assisted in some bug killing though, Is there a specific value i can flip with a save editor to get past this? Eager to see what I have missed...

/A
It's kind of a high-risk thing because it messes with progression, but if you change the variable "primrose_arrest_event_state" to something like 2 while you're in the dialogue selector for Samarra, the option should pop up. Make sure you set it back to its old value immediately after you're done presenting clues, or you're probably going to fuck up your save permanently. Actually, set it to its old value immediately after selecting "Present a clue" just to be sure.

I'm circumventing this in 0.11 by also checking against the "primrose_arrested" variable, leaving progression untouched.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It's kind of a high-risk thing because it messes with progression, but if you change the variable "primrose_arrest_event_state" to something like 2 while you're in the dialogue selector for Samarra, the option should pop up. Make sure you set it back to its old value immediately after you're done presenting clues, or you're probably going to fuck up your save permanently. Actually, set it to its old value immediately after selecting "Present a clue" just to be sure.

I'm circumventing this in 0.11 by also checking against the "primrose_arrested" variable, leaving progression untouched.
So basically edit my save now, present the clue, save, edit it back ,and then continue, yes? :) I will backup my save too. I mean it took a couple of hours to get there...

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
@ Here you go :)
Besides the clue in the alley (chameleon scales), you also missed the clue where Primrose talked about giving an old lady a key to the library (a picture of Primrose holding a key). I went to see Primrose in the her cell, when talking to her I couldn't complete the little part of the invade mind. I didn't have an option to tell her "Merek’s tea was poisoned. He must have smelled it, but drank it anyway. Was it a play for Primrose’s benefit?" that part was missing as well.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
So basically edit my save now, present the clue, save, edit it back ,and then continue, yes? :) I will backup my save too. I mean it took a couple of hours to get there...
Yeah, that should work. I won't make any guarantees since I might be forgetting some kind of check that uses the variable within that section, but I don't think there is one.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
After you do that, then you will get new option in dialogue with Samara, present her with clues, and you will get new clue. You can go to Primrose then, and continue investigation.

Besides the clue in the alley (chameleon scales), you also missed the clue where Primrose talked about giving an old lady a key to the library (a picture of Primrose holding a key). I went to see Primrose in the her cell, when talking to her I couldn't complete the little part of the invade mind. I didn't have an option to tell her "Merek’s tea was poisoned. He must have smelled it, but drank it anyway. Was it a play for Primrose’s benefit?" that part was missing as well.
He stumbled upon bug. Seems option with presenting clues to Samara didn't trigger in dungeon path. After you present her clues, you will get clue about tea.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes