Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I think my one one real complaint about this game is how the NTR is handled. Not that its in the game but the only way to avoid is to penalize the player for avoiding the stuff some dont care to see. Like why did it have to tied to the games currency? Im sure there was another way to give the NTR fans their slice of the pie without kicking the non NTR crowd in the nuts.

Its just silly that to make the game easier as far as currency is concerned is to let your sister get her ass-hammered on a daily basis! I mean come on!

Is there really no other way to satisfy the crowd who enjoys such content?
You didn't really research this before complaining, did you? Despite me explaining this several times in the thread already?

There is no "punishment". You get different rewards based on which choice you make which tailors the game towards your preference. Letting them do their stuff rewards you with money. Stopping them rewards you with relationship points.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
You didn't really research this before complaining, did you? Despite me explaining this several times in the thread already?

There is no "punishment". You get different rewards based on which choice you make which tailors the game towards your preference. Letting them do their stuff rewards you with money. Stopping them rewards you with relationship points.
I get what your saying and no I didnt read through 300+ pages or use the search function that narrows it down to 100 or so posts.

My question is why make us choose and not just have it all? Making one choice makes you lose out on another choice. Its your game and you do what u want but im just lost on why you wouldnt want everybody to see the stuff you spent time creating to just to offer what? Diversity?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I get what your saying and no I didnt read through 300+ pages or use the search function that narrows it down to 100 or so posts.

My question is why make us choose and not just have it all? Making one choice makes you lose out on another choice. Its your game and you do what u want but im just lost on why you wouldnt want everybody to see the stuff you spent time creating to just to offer what? Diversity?
Gee, why would I possibly have player choice in my game? I'm being sarcastic here because you seem very selective about this. LLtP is all about player choices with consequences, from start to finish. If that stresses you out, this isn't the game for you. Sorry. And that has nothing to do with "NTR".

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017

Replayability???? Choice is always better but you sound a little confused. That is being pollite about it and your snide anti NTR dig about how everybody else gets kicked in the nuts.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Gee, why would I possibly have player choice in my game? I'm being sarcastic here because you seem very selective about this. LLtP is all about player choices with consequences, from start to finish. If that stresses you out, this isn't the game for you. Sorry. And that has nothing to do with "NTR".
I was waiting for the this game isnt for you response but thats ok I see you dont take critisn well.

But you forget I do like your game and see you are a talented developer and just would like the "choice" to see it all.

Reactions: blahblah25

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Replayability???? Choice is always better but you sound a little confused. That is being pollite about it and your snide anti NTR dig about how everybody else gets kicked in the nuts.
The anti NTR dig where I said I dont care if its in the game just its implementation? I think you may be confused o_O

And replayabilty is already built in with new game+ so not sure what you be talking about there either o_O

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I was waiting for the this game isnt for you response but thats ok I see you dont take critisn well.
I take criticism well, but this isn't criticism. This is you saying "I want everything, all the time, no matter what I choose." My response to that was that you're never going to get that in this game. Depending on your choices, even in the current version, you will lock out entire scenes or cause characters to go away, some even permanently.

I get the impression that you thought that there was only one reward in the Thaddeus/Evelyn situation, and that was for choosing to let Thaddeus have his way. When I pointed out that this was wrong, you doubled down on your opinion instead of admitting that you were wrong. I can't take that seriously.

Howarde

Sep 23, 2017
1. Seems like it. So far as there isn't any consequences with sleeping around yet.

2. If your not into having a love interest being with someone else, there is one instance (so far) but you are given a choice of whether or not to let it proceed. There is a (same) character that if you take things too far before you learn all her secrets, it seems they are gone from the game permanently.
I'm doing the game again right now, I left the game when the sister left the town(near version 11 maybe) ... So you are saying that if we let the relationship with thadeus (i don't really remember how far it goes, and i hate NTR xD) and we find all of her secrets, we might keep her after the magic scene ?

edit: just in case, I don't want to offend anyone here, I like the game ^^

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I take criticism well, but this isn't criticism. This is you saying "I want everything, all the time, no matter what I choose." My response to that was that you're never going to get that in this game. Depending on your choices, even in the current version, you will lock out entire scenes or cause characters to go away, some even permanently.

I get the impression that you thought that there was only one reward in the Thaddeus/Evelyn situation, and that was for choosing to let Thaddeus have his way. When I pointed out that this was wrong, you doubled down on your opinion instead of admitting that you were wrong. I can't take that seriously.
I never said there wouldnt be consequences for either letting Evelyn continue to "negotiate" in her womanly way or putting a stop to it.

Its just my rampant OCD talking/typing here.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I'm doing the game again right now, I left the game when the sister left the town(near version 11 maybe) ... So you are saying that if we let the relationship with thadeus (i don't really remember how far it goes, and i hate NTR xD) and we find all of her secrets, we might keep her after the magic scene ?
Just dont confess your love to Evelyn until you fugure out her final secret and she wont leave.

Reactions: Howarde

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
I never said there wouldnt be consequences for either letting Evelyn continue to "negotiate" in her womanly way or putting a stop to it.

Its just my rampant OCD talking/typing here.
no, you were only just complaining that you don't get the coin if you interupt them, which is wrong btw you'll just get slightly less coin

Reactions: numanumani

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
no, you were only just complaining that you don't get the coin if you interupt them, which is wrong btw you'll just get slightly less coin
What? I just put a stop to it before he stuck it in her butt and she gave me 0 coins because of it....

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I guess the player is just made to feel bad either way with that decision. She says your her knight in shining armor but she is sad you stopped it too. Along with the monetary setback. Lose/lose scenarios suck.

So is the good option just letting them continue or is it just a wait and see for now?

Reactions: Unixsystem

AlterSack

Aug 28, 2018
I guess the player is just made to feel bad either way with that decision. She says your her knight in shining armor but she is sad you stopped it too. Along with the monetary setback. Lose/lose scenarios suck.

So is the good option just letting them continue or is it just a wait and see for now?
you seem to forget that there is alot of missing content for now and that makes certain things look bad in your favor but once the content is there it all makes more sense . in that particular example if you interrupt them it makes sis' negotiation harder but brings her closer to you, combined with her dark secret, once it's implemented you will actually profit from that decision but just not for now since it isn't in the game yet.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
is there a walk through? i can't seem to figure out how to get the last few points in the stats
The walk through has not been updated in several versions. That being said, look back a couple of pages and you will see an image of what the maximum level for each of the stats that is currently in game. There are 6 points of stats that are not coded yet.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The walk through has not been updated in several versions. That being said, look back a couple of pages and you will see an image of what the maximum level for each of the stats that is currently in game. There are 6 points of stats that are not coded yet.
Also, just to make sure there are no misunderstandings: While I did add Agility level 6 and Charisma level 4 in this update, there isn't actually any content that specifically takes advantage of these stats (except the Samarra/Nell sleep scene, but that comes automatically since your available actions are based on a formula).

Also, you don't have to search for an image to see ability limits. You can see these in the game, clearly marked on the ability screen.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Well now im curious how many updates in total this game will be. Seems a lot is yet to be answered.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes