speedturtle

Jun 4, 2019
Tbh I like it, I wish there was a way to track your tasks and is there a way to rename your saves, cuz I wanna explore other parts of the game too and it's getting hard.

Ps- I still haven't played all of it so I'm not sure if certain choices change the timeline or it all just links to one with different experiences.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Tbh I like it, I wish there was a way to track your tasks and is there a way to rename your saves, cuz I wanna explore other parts of the game too and it's getting hard.

Ps- I still haven't played all of it so I'm not sure if certain choices change the timeline or it all just links to one with different experiences.
I just save on certain people's faces to mark my saves.

Faisallore

Jun 12, 2019
Idk if u gonna reply this, whats engine/software you use for this? Blender? Unity? Cuz im practicing modeling environment..

Gamesman01

Apr 27, 2018
Dearest Belle I know many people have probably asked you to do things they want to see in the game so I just want to add a suggestion or two. It's up to you whether you use them. No pressure or begging. Due to (I'm sure) the way the software works every new update means we have to start over. This can be frustrating especially to those that can't spend a lot of time playing over the same scenes again and again. Perhaps you could either add shortcuts or make it episodic like once you pass a certain point it becomes a finished chapter so you can start from there. Maybe add a screen that shows what we missed or lost so we can redo it differently. Also what if MC finds a spell to enlarge Belle to the size of a young girl. Belle could get the sex she wants and maybe pregnant with the first male pixie. Otherwise yours is one of the best games here. Wish I was rich so I could fund a whole company for you to be the head of. You make some of the AAA game companies look like morons.

Reactions: billwanna

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Dearest Belle I know many people have probably asked you to do things they want to see in the game so I just want to add a suggestion or two. It's up to you whether you use them. No pressure or begging. Due to (I'm sure) the way the software works every new update means we have to start over. This can be frustrating especially to those that can't spend a lot of time playing over the same scenes again and again. Perhaps you could either add shortcuts or make it episodic like once you pass a certain point it becomes a finished chapter so you can start from there. Maybe add a screen that shows what we missed or lost so we can redo it differently. Also what if MC finds a spell to enlarge Belle to the size of a young girl. Belle could get the sex she wants and maybe pregnant with the first male pixie. Otherwise yours is one of the best games here. Wish I was rich so I could fund a whole company for you to be the head of. You make some of the AAA game companies look like morons.
Um...what? You don't have to start over every update. Old saves work, and will continue to work, until Belle moves into the endgame and does stuff like turn on the time limit.

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Yeah, I haven't invalidated saves since I released version 0.03, and that was ages ago. There might be some trickery with saves if you use Android. I'm afraid I don't know how to do things there, but I believe it's possible to continue old saves on that platform too.

Suffice to say, I go to great lengths to make sure your saves keep working. Among other things, I run your saves through a custom patch system that updates your game variables whenever you load them.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Ok, time to try this game, quick question, do I need to replay it to get all the scenes?
Choice and consequence is a core part of the concept, so you won't be able to see all the scenes in one playthrough. This is only true for a few scenes right now, but there will be more of those later as the consequences really come home to roost.

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
Just wanted to say, that I really like this game! Medieval games are often in the "Tolkin-Universe" style and it is refreshing that this is not :)

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Just wanted to say, that I really like this game! Medieval games are often in the "Tolkin-Universe" style and it is refreshing that this is not :)
It's the curse of the fantasy genre. Fantasy is easy to write, but most fantasy authors find it easy because they always reach for the Tolkien toolbox, leading to generic, boring stories and settings.

I strive to make my own style of fantasy, which is what all fantasy authors should have done in the first place.

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
It's the curse of the fantasy genre. Fantasy is easy to write, but most fantasy authors find it easy because they always reach for the Tolkien toolbox, leading to generic, boring stories and settings.

I strive to make my own style of fantasy, which is what all fantasy authors should have done in the first place.
And this is why I wanted to point that out! I find myself very often in a similar place of using this universe (writing p&p-stories). Good luck with your game! :)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Belle you have definitely created a fantasy world that is more realistic in that there is magic but it is not as common as houseflies like in so many games/stories. Players can't just go down the street past the tavern to the Ye Olde Magic Shoppe to obtain supernatural powers.

One of the few other quality examples of this is The Belgariad series. IMO would have made a better HBO series than Game of rip off English history+add gratuitous sex Thrones.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes