Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
For anyone who didn't read the entirety of Augustus Commodus' post and just looked at the pictures: There is no girl named Shia. Augustus is just messing around. The rest of the girls he posted are legit, though.
I may ruin the intrigue ... so you next goal after 2k will be "Return of cut game content (including Shia)."? :biggrin:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I may ruin the intrigue ... so you next goal after 2k will be "Return of cut game content (including Shia)."? :biggrin:
No intrigue required. :) My next goal after 2k is 3.5k with Side Stories, something I haven't really talked about and which I'll save until we reach the 2k goal. There's more than enough planned content, with these goals added, to keep me busy for a long time to come.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
BTW, I really, really want to thank you for your characters design. :heartcoveredeyes:

I'm have very, very extreme fetish for modern VN - young/young adults girls with small/average tits. Not god-damned lolies and not giant-walking-boobs. Something ~realistic. I'm feeling myself so perverted nowadays T_T

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
BTW, I really, really want to thank you for your characters design. :heartcoveredeyes:

I'm have very, very extreme fetish for modern VN - young/young adults girls with small/average tits. Not god-damned lolies and not giant-walking-boobs. Something ~realistic. I'm feeling myself so perverted nowadays T_T
I'm so glad to see people react in a positive way to my approach to character design. There are many more or less subtle things going on, but it's easy to pay attention to breast size. I would also point out that breast shape is important and completely forgotten by adult game creators. In these games, breasts tend to fall into the categories of absurd (the MILF-shape you can see in Anime), perfectly spherical (the silicone look), flat (loli), or exaggerated perky (the "legal loli" look). I try to stick to shapes and sizes you might see in an idealized world where every woman is beautiful but still real.

There are some interesting side effects to this that I constantly have to fight with during the design phase. I'm very worried that someone (Patreon in particular) will think that some of my petite designs look underage, which in my opinion would be ridiculous. Because of this, I take steps to make sure there is no confusion in the game itself. Nell, for example, is clearly stated to be an adult and is going through adult (as in mature, not as in sexual) challenges in her life. It influences my writing, but that might be a good thing. The more challenges I have with designing a character, the more fleshed out they tend to become, and Nell is turning out to be one of the more interesting characters in the game, in my opinion.

Fun fact: Samarra has a breast shape that I can't recall ever having seen in an adult game before, yet it is a shape that is very common in real life. I'm curious to see how people react to that once they get to see them, which might not be right away. Her armor conceals some of her features.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Any example what you consider "exaggerated perky" ?
I do have examples, but I'd rather keep them to myself out of respect for my fellow adult game creators, some of whom I keep in regular touch with online. To be a bit more specific about the kind of breasts I'm talking about, imagine a breast that tapers off towards the nipple in such a way that it looks like you could impale yourself on it. That's an exaggeration too, but it should bring the point across. It's the least common shape out of the four I listed.

Aug 15, 2017
Somewhat on the topic of character design, I was surprised when you wrote that you thought G2 looked unrealistic. What did you think of that render? Do you still feel that way? Part of me thinks your opinion may just come from using the default 3dlight shaders instead of using the updating to the newer iray shaders, but you may be seeing something I'm not. Care to elaborate?

Also, since it's now officially December 25 where I live, I want to once again wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Somewhat on the topic of character design, I was surprised when you wrote that you thought G2 looked unrealistic. What did you think of that render? Do you still feel that way? Part of me thinks your opinion may just come from using the default 3dlight shaders instead of using the updating to the newer iray shaders, but you may be seeing something I'm not. Care to elaborate?

Also, since it's now officially December 25 where I live, I want to once again wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
I've never used 3dlight. My opinion on G2 comes from it feeling off in terms of detail and design. It doesn't feel "real" in the same way that G3 and G8 tends to do. It's possible to add all kinds of tweaks and modifications to G2 to help it out, but at that point, why bother? And yeah, I'm seeing G2 problems in that render (which can also happen with later generations in some cases). Maybe I'm more sensitive to that kind of stuff, but if that helps me create better renders of my own, I don't see a problem with it. I can very quickly tell if adult game creators use G2, and it seems there's a very large amount who do. It bothers me, to be honest, because there are so much better alternatives out there.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
The only woman I think think of that is just beautiful form head to toe is a girl called Jamie Hersh shes on the NHL network at night NHL on The Fly. She has a perfect body great hips, a great butt, and small titties. :heartcoveredeyes: Shes the only one I can think of right now.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Well, if i'm not mistaken it's 0.4 release week.Excited to see what Belle has in store for us :eazyHype:
It is indeed. Don't expect anything until the latter half of the week though. While I'm almost done with the renders, I still have quite a bit of writing left to do. This is the most graphics-intensive update for the game so far. It will feature well over 100 brand new renders.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
It is indeed. Don't expect anything until the latter half of the week though. While I'm almost done with the renders, I still have quite a bit of writing left to do. This is the most graphics-intensive update for the game so far. It will feature well over 100 brand new renders.
Hope you took time for a good Christmas.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hope you took time for a good Christmas.
I've been able to celebrate with my family, but almost all my free time has been spent on the game. I'll make sure I have a few days of complete rest before I have to head back to work in January, but for now my focus is 100% on LLtP.

Reactions: jande21 and UncleVT

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Sorry if i remember this incorrectly but Belle didn't you say something about saves being compatible going forward from 0.4 ?
Your saves from 0.3 (but not earlier versions) should work with 0.4. I haven't tested it, but I can't see any reason why it won't work. It will make some of the story progression happen at weird times, but nothing should break.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I'm done with all of Nell's and Samarra's scenes for 0.4 now, so I'm almost at the finish line. This is one humongous update in terms of renders, even if it doesn't contain a large number of scenes. I'm currently counting 121 renders in my 0.4 folder (a few of which are reworked versions of existing ones), making this the largest addition of new images to the game since the first release, which clocked in at a little over 130 renders if I recall correctly.

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
Is there a way currently (or in incoming new version) to start new game + so i can use stats to see locked scenes (panties shifting in library at the begining)?

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Is there a way currently (or in incoming new version) to start new game + so i can use stats to see locked scenes (panties shifting in library at the begining)?
No. Those scenes don't exist and won't be created until needed. This will happen once NG+ is implemented, which likely won't happen until we've reached some kind of end state for the game. This is still far away.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017

Changelog:
  • Added two new girls (Samarra and Nell) and some of their core events (featuring more than 110 new images). Please note that the new girls are not available until after a few days into the story.
  • Added the first stage of agility training.
  • Slightly expanded Callie's changing room scene.
  • Slightly expanded Evelyn's night scene.
  • Slightly expanded Primrose's night scene.
  • Loading old saves (from version 0.3.0 and up) should now work. Some changes may still cause old saves to break, depending on where you saved.
  • Updated graphics for Evelyn's night scenes.
  • Added text to show when an ability check is successful. Not all checks will display these messages.
  • Primrose's schedule extended beyond two weeks.
  • Minor tweaks to first conversation with Thaddeus if it occurs later than expected.
  • Placeholder next/previous page buttons on clue screen if you somehow have more than 15 clues.
  • Minor bugfixes

Edit: Oh, and .

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
haha .. love it, thanks for the update :) was waiting for the update, this game grow nice ( also your patreon grow nice too , congrats :D )

Reactions: Belle
4.60 star(s) 376 Votes