Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Crone speculation.

I think all the clues we have right now point to Crone being Lilith, and she's using the chameleon scales to look like she does. Her real form is the lady by the river. She and Selena had an incestuous relationship going on, and Selena pushed Lilith off the tower. Possibly because she was being controlled by a demon.
It may be no so easy.I have a feeling,that Crone is not Lilith,but....is real Selene.Remember,when Crone penetrated your mind,you see Selene.What if she is reall Selene,and Lilith is fake princess?You can see even wiki,Crone is ralated to Selen.God of magic,illusions and moon,etc.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
It may be no so easy.I have a feeling,that Crone is not Lilith,but....is real Selene.Remember,when Crone penetrated your mind,you see Selene.What if she is reall Selene,and Lilith is fake princess?You can see even wiki,Crone is ralated to Selen.God of magic,illusions and moon,etc.
That's certainly possible, and would be my second guess. My take on seeing Selene in the vision is that you are seeing a memory that the Crone has of looking at her.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
That's certainly possible, and would be my second guess. My take on seeing Selene in the vision is that you are seeing a memory that the Crone has of looking at her.
which i still a possibility if Lilith is under an illusion to look like Selene at that time that is
Since we don't see the "Crone" at that time there are many possibilities

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
One thing's for sure: I can't wait to finally reveal the true nature of some of the mysteries that LLtP has contained since the beginning. Most of the first two years of this game's development were focused on buildup, but we're finally at the point where the stories are starting to conclude and pay off.

The biggest mysteries have always related to the nature of Princess Selena as well as the Crone. One of those mysteries will get fully answered in this update, while the other one will get new information to move us even closer towards the ending.

Doomyk

Jun 7, 2019
Hello Belle ,there is one interesting question.As i remember,we can find some information not only about father and mother,but aunt,granny,etc.Will be some new info about them or even influence at the story in future?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Probably not, considering they're all dead and the time frame of the game will most likely not be enough for the MC to look into their family tree.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Probably not, considering they're all dead and the time frame of the game will most likely not be enough for the MC to look into their family tree.
That doesn't have to be the case, as of yet it is still a mystery how the MC has such a high magic affinity (for a human).
His family tree (obviously on the mothers site) is a mayor mystery of itself.
Combining both those facts it's nearly a given that this mystery will lead to a revelation as of why the MC is "the chosen one"

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
Crone speculation.

I think all the clues we have right now point to Crone being Lilith, and she's using the chameleon scales to look like she does. Her real form is the lady by the river. She and Selena had an incestuous relationship going on, and Selena pushed Lilith off the tower. Possibly because she was being controlled by a demon.
Had to comment, I thought from the beginning that the lady at the river was the Crone undisguised! Nice to see someone else thought the same thing. If I had to guess, I'd say that the Crone is Lilith and she's crazy, but the plot twist of her being Selene is equally as likely, since nothing points one way or the other there and Belle could literally decide which way that goes off a coin toss at this point.

Reactions: Jorund

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
That doesn't have to be the case, as of yet it is still a mystery how the MC has such a high magic affinity (for a human).
His family tree (obviously on the mothers site) is a mayor mystery of itself.
Combining both those facts it's nearly a given that this mystery will lead to a revelation as of why the MC is "the chosen one"
Yeah but not every mystery gets to be, or has to be, wrapped up. So the MC has an affinity for magic, that could also be a case that he's highly receptive, given that his mentor was training him and then wiping his mind with ease for some time. Or somewhere in the past, one of his ancestors learned Truthsaying from the elves.

I'm not saying that he isn't the Chosen One for a reason, just that answering every question takes away...some of the magic.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Just to throw my 2cents in, what if the Crone is neither one Lilith or Selene but maybe one of their 'godmothers' and has been on the mission to find out what happened to Selene? ...that someone we know is actually a double agent for an evil presence not yet identified? ...that the threat to the Princess is right in front of us but we haven't the clue that indicates that yet?? How about that we've been given red herring clues so everything we think we know is leading us off in a wrong direction?? hmmm?

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
It's gotta be the sister, if nothing else, I'm 99% sure her Crone look is a fake, which explains the whole scene regarding seeing her silhouette and the scales.

Reactions: Griff83

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Yeah but not every mystery gets to be, or has to be, wrapped up. So the MC has an affinity for magic, that could also be a case that he's highly receptive, given that his mentor was training him and then wiping his mind with ease for some time. Or somewhere in the past, one of his ancestors learned Truthsaying from the elves.

I'm not saying that he isn't the Chosen One for a reason, just that answering every question takes away...some of the magic.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

The family tree might be important to the story or it might not. Either way, I wouldn't be confirming or denying that right now since I like to keep secrets and surprises for the moment when they are the most effective (gotta cast Invade Mind to get patrons, you know).

Explaining every single mystery in a story like this would quickly become tedious. All the questions that matter will get explained, but some questions that a few people could possibly consider important might not. That doesn't mean the answers don't exist. It just means that explaining them serves no purpose within the confines of this particular story.

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes