RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The story is about the prep work before meeting the princess as much as meeting the princess.

Reactions: Xathras

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
The princess is the MacGuffin in this story. Did you complain when Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't feature the Ark until the movie's finale? Probably not.

Long Live the Princess revolves almost entirely around the imminent arrival of Princess Selena and your preparations for this. That's what the story is about. If you expected her to be around all the time for you to seduce, that's on you. That is not the kind of story I am trying to tell.

Frankly, the regular drive-by-posts from people going "hur hur hur, I'm sure the princess hasn't even arrived in this stupid game yet, hur hur" mostly just make me roll my eyes from exasperation.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The princess is the MacGuffin in this story. Did you complain when Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't feature the Ark until the movie's finale? Probably not.

Long Live the Princess revolves almost entirely around the imminent arrival of Princess Selena and your preparations for this. That's what the story is about. If you expected her to be around all the time for you to seduce, that's on you. That is not the kind of story I am trying to tell.

Frankly, the regular drive-by-posts from people going "hur hur hur, I'm sure the princess hasn't even arrived in this stupid game yet, hur hur" mostly just make me roll my eyes from exasperation.
This game without the Princess from game start is like The Lord of the Rings without featuring Sau...

... :ROFLMAO:

I always see those kind of messages as a meme. I thought it was obvious from the beginning that the princess was kind of the final boss, and you had to spend the rest of the game preparing for it.

ryninho

Jul 29, 2018

Listen i like the game and i very much enjoyed playing it, the overview on this website just kind of gives off the wrong message to me, the whole game in the overview is about protecting the princess and getting close to the princess, there is one small sentence about having to practice, yet in the actual game the entire thing is practice. im not trying to shit on the game, as i said i enjoyed it, but your overview of the game compared to the actual gameplay are vastly different.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Listen i like the game and i very much enjoyed playing it, the overview on this website just kind of gives off the wrong message to me, the whole game in the overview is about protecting the princess and getting close to the princess, there is one small sentence about having to practice, yet in the actual game the entire thing is practice. im not trying to shit on the game, as i said i enjoyed it, but your overview of the game compared to the actual gameplay are vastly different.
See the comment about lord of the rings above yours, same overview. Saying that the mission is to defend the princess, doesn't not mean you are going to meet her right away. It's about a journey, and learning how to you can actually do that. They even explain how it's your task, but that doesn't mean she is in town.

Frue

Feb 5, 2019
Anyone else confused about how there is so much content in this game already but we still havent meant the princess. i mean shes in the title of the game i didnt think it would take this long.
I'm enjoyed the game progress and storyline so far..
Why princess must suddenly appear and you can't do anything with her at same times..

this game so far and afaik is to do best thing to help princess and prevent a worst thing happen :unsure:
Would be meaningless if princess come when MC still newbie about magic

ryninho

Jul 29, 2018
See the comment about lord of the rings above yours, same overview. Saying that the mission is to defend the princess, doesn't not mean you are going to meet her right away. It's about a journey, and learning how to you can actually do that. They even explain how it's your task, but that doesn't mean she is in town.
ive never been a fan of lord of the rings so i dont really understand the comment lol. the point i was trying to make was that before i played the game, all i had to go off was the overview which makes it sound like the princess will be a much more prominent figure in the game than she is. Now that ive played the game, i enjoy the way its been done i was only saying its very different to what i would have expected based off of the title and overview of the game.

20qwertz12

Apr 7, 2020
What are the requirements to unlock the sex scene with Nell after she becomes Queen? I followed the walkthrough but she says she isn't ready yet...

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
If you don't mind a question out of the blue, How long were you conceptualizing/thinking/working on this game before going up with the Patreon?
I'm not 100% sure. I think I created the design document more than a year before I actually started working on the game, and long before Patreon was a factor.

I go into great depth on this topic in my series of posts for patrons at the $10 and above level. If this is something that interests you, I recommend having a look at those.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've said this before and I stand by it. LLTP is well thought out compelling story that would make a great series for Netflix, though they'd probably fuck it up.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just who could play Belle?
Not Julia Roberts. She already played a lackluster up Tinkerbell.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
ive never been a fan of lord of the rings so i dont really understand the comment lol. the point i was trying to make was that before i played the game, all i had to go off was the overview which makes it sound like the princess will be a much more prominent figure in the game than she is. Now that ive played the game, i enjoy the way its been done i was only saying its very different to what i would have expected based off of the title and overview of the game.
just to explain why the compression was made. You don't meet the "lord of the ring" but people keep talking about the whole movie, you see flashes backs or sometimes a glimpse of him looking at the ring bearer. But in the whole trilogy nobody that in the movie fight the "dark lord" only his minions. But in the overview of the movie, it mention that the whole point of it is to get the ring away from him. But nobody ever saw that as a bad thing, as the whole point of the movie is an epic journey of learning about those characters and overcoming their own struggles.

That's why the overview of this game, is exactly the same. It doesn't promise that you'll meet the princess in any way, only that she is the goal of the mc to reach. But as Belle said, we'll meet in princess soon as we are about to reach the end game so none of this matter too much. But I just wanted to show you that it's not unheard of in a story about a journey to mention the final task.

Reactions: Akachan
4.60 star(s) 378 Votes