Frue

Feb 5, 2019
Someone gonna die or get injured by something sharp? :unsure:
Wonder if this might have a relation about early decision?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Someone gonna die or get injured by something sharp? :unsure:
Wonder if this might have a relation about early decision?
There is definitely blood in this update. In more than one scene, too.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
It's been a little frustrating to watch people rank LLtP's story because of the way I've structured the thing. Because the majority of the game is buildup and putting puzzle pieces in place, almost all of the resolution and payoff comes at the very end. This makes the storytelling feel a little aimless until the ending is in place, and I feel like this has made people rate the storytelling lower than I think it maybe deserves. But we'll have to wait and see.

I can't wait to show everyone what we've been building up to these past three years. Pretty much all of the stories in the game, big and small, will be resolved within the next few updates, starting with 0.32. Oh yeah, you'll be getting some resolutions right away, and not the ones you're expecting (as well as some you might be expecting).
Don't get frustrated, Belle.
Some people only play these games for the sex.
I had posted the below comment in another thread for a different game, but it also fits perfectly with this game. (edited slightly to fit this game better.)

"Some people come here looking for games with deep and detailed stories and they don't care if the sex comes slowly to the game. As long as the story and build up are good.

Other people come here for:
"Man: Excuse me, are you my long lost daughter?
Girl: YES!!!
Girl: FUCK ME DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!
Girl: Make me your WHORE!!!!!!
Man: ummmm, OK!"
A story is not really needed at all, just a few simple details about the characters. All that you need is an occasional line of dialogue that leads you to the next fuck fest. These people will sometimes throw a fit and complain about any game where they cannot boink large numbers of characters very soon after the game started. They also tend to leave bad reviews for the same reasons. They simply do not care about stories, they only care about pixel sex.

This story is not for people who want the second option, because as seen, it took a very long time for character buildup and creating the foundation for the game. Because this game is story based, and heavily dependent on following a slow, but steady progression of the characters and the story, just the way that a lot of people like it. "

Maybe for your next game you should include in bold text in the original post for it., "IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GAME WITH QUICK SEX, THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU!!!"
Although, I would not be surprised if you still got people whining about the slow progression ,and lack of sex with everyone in the game at the very beginning.

Last edited:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Don't get frustrated, Belle.
Some people only play these games for the sex.
I had posted the below comment in another thread for a different game, but it also fits perfectly with this game. (edited slightly to fit this game better.)

"Some people come here looking for games with deep and detailed stories and they don't care if the sex comes slowly to the game. As long as the story and build up are good.

Other people come here for:
"Man: Excuse me, are you my long lost daughter?
Girl: YES!!!
Girl: FUCK ME DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!
Girl: Make me your WHORE!!!!!!
Man: ummmm, OK!"
A story is not really needed at all, just a few simple details about the characters. All that you need is an occasional line of dialogue that leads you to the next fuck fest. These people will sometimes throw a fit and complain about any game where they cannot boink large numbers of characters very soon after the game started. They also tend to leave bad reviews for the same reasons. They simply do not care about stories, they only care about pixel sex.

This story is not for people who want the second option, because as seen, it took a very long time for character buildup and creating the foundation for the game. Because this game is story based, and heavily dependent on following a slow, but steady progression of the characters and the story, just the way that a lot of people like it. "

Maybe for your next game you should include in bold text in the original post for it., "IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GAME WITH QUICK SEX, THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU!!!"
Although, I would not be surprised if you still got people whining about the slow progression ,and lack of sex with everyone in the game at the very beginning.
Sure, but that kind of thing is not really what I was talking about. What I was referring to were the kinds of threads where the people who actually care about story rank the various games and creators against each other. I usually (but not always) get an honorary mention in such rankings, but LLtP has never been able to compete properly. I think it's because of the lack of resolution and payoff in the story, but it remains to be seen.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Sure, but that kind of thing is not really what I was talking about. What I was referring to were the kinds of threads where the people who actually care about story rank the various games and creators against each other. I usually (but not always) get an honorary mention in such rankings, but LLtP has never been able to compete properly. I think it's because of the lack of resolution and payoff in the story, but it remains to be seen.
Belle try not to bother much with those lists.
They are way too subjective since a lot of players are unable to take a objective look at a game they like and also list their issues.
Plus many people don't have a very eclectic taste, so those lists also tend to be very narrow in what they consider "good".

Last edited:
Reactions: Akachan

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
For me, it's because LLtP isn't lean to story-driven type as much as other game despite of good story. So it doesn't feel right to put LLtP in competition with CoBD, LoML, AL etc.

Reactions: Akachan
4.60 star(s) 378 Votes