tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
its high time all devs quit patreon and subscribestar becomes more popular. Devs should have the freedom to make what they want and not what patreon wants them to make

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
It's understandable why you have to do what Patreon is asking, will some good anonymous samaritan be providing a patch to restore the intended story at some point?

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I have 28 subscribers on SubscribeStar and 1025 patrons on Patreon. I can't just "quit Patreon" if nobody uses the alternative site.
I also want to add to this that I have a commitment to my long-term patrons that I would never abandon. The Patreon version of this game, once updated, will not feel compromised to someone who never played the original. It will just have a different, but interesting in its own way, take on Evelyn.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
It's understandable why you have to do what Patreon is asking, will some good anonymous samaritan be providing a patch to restore the intended story at some point?
I can't involve myself in any patches to restore the old content from the Patreon version.

On the other hand, I can't imagine it would be very difficult to do so for someone who really wanted to. I mean, Evelyn's story is almost completely written and in the game already.

Frue

Feb 5, 2019
All right, everyone! I'm afraid I have some bad news to share.

I have been contacted by the Patreon Trust & Safety team and told that my account there is at risk of being suspended unless I remove the offending content from my page, though they don't go into specifics. Most of us probably knew that this day would eventually come.

Since I received the email only an hour ago, I haven't really been able to fully gather my thoughts yet. What I expect will happen, and which I have made certain preparations for beforehand, is that I will have to rework Evelyn's background and storyline in the game, at least on Patreon. Surprisingly, the change could be smaller than you might think, but it's going to take a lot of work regardless. I might have to make the game unavailable to download while I rework that content, but I am awaiting a response from Patreon about this before I go to that step.

Needless to say, this is going to be my top priority until things are resolved. The last thing I want to happen is to have my Patreon page suspended. And this means work on version 0.33 will be on hold until this is done. Hopefully, it won't take more than a couple of days, but you never know. I have little control over this process.

Feel free to ask any questions you like about this process, though keep in mind that Patreon might be reading this thread, which means I have to be careful about what I can and cannot say.

I understand if this news makes some of you angry and upset, but anger won't solve anything at this point. Let's be constructive and get over this speed bump together, and consider ourselves lucky I managed to slip through the cracks for this long.
Ugh, keep strong and dont give up Belle

Hope everything will under control and going smoth again...

Wonder which one they point in actually.. :unsure:

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Patching things shouldn't be an issue. I'll do it if no one else does it before me.
It helps that the game's code is organized by character. Only thing that might be tricky is if Evelyn gets another sex scene, it may require a rewrite since her current scenes are heavy on the dirty talk. Depends on what Belle has planned, really.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Ugh, keep strong and dont give up Belle
Whatever gave you the impression that I might give up? I've been ready for this situation for a long time. Not in terms of having the code ready, but in that I have thought a lot about it and can deal with it with only minimal stress.

Challenges only make me more determined to succeed.

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
It's unfortunate and annoying, but as you said it was long expected. You've got to make the changes you've got to make to comply, and I can't really imagine that anyone will blame you for the delay involved. It's good to hear that you're confident in the preparations you've made and aren't too thrown off by this.

While I'm not a fan of subscribing to these things, I'll probably be jumping on to send you a bit of money with the next patch (especially if someone reminds me when it happens), and I guess this has decided me in favour of the non-Patreon option.

Reactions: Belle

Armin

Dec 16, 2017
Considering that you never hid the incest content under a patch i am surprised it took patreon that long to catch it. :unsure:
Well if should be simple to fix, after all they allow things like milf city to go on under a "landlady bandaid".
Given how the situation is set up already going with step-siblings instead seems more logical.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Given how the situation is set up already going with step-siblings instead seems more logical.
That wouldn't solve anything for Patreon, which is why you don't see other adult games going that route either.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

kenkko

May 11, 2017
That wouldn't solve anything for Patreon, which is why you don't see other adult games going that route either.
Considering that Evelyn leaves the game early if you push a bit too far too quickly, would it be possible to set the Evelyn leave variable so that she doesnt appear in the game at all?

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Considering that Evelyn leaves the game early if you push a bit too far too quickly, would it be possible to set the Evelyn leave variable so that she doesnt appear in the game at all?
Evelyn plays a big part in the story, so I do not see that as being possible.

Probably better off changing it slightly so that either the MC or Evelyn were taken in as a child, but no direct family relation.
Not adopted, but simply given a place to live.
A patch could then revert it back, if the end user chose to use one.
That way, MC and Evelyn still act like siblings because they grew up together, but they are not related at all, without the patch having been added.
Think of it as Wesley and Buttercup from the princess bride in some ways.
He was a poor servant, so loving buttercup was not something that he could easily admit to, and the same goes for her. She couldn't easily admit to loving a servant.

It would have been socially unacceptable for Evelyn to marry a servant, which could be used as the reason for her reluctance in getting into that kind of relationship with him..
This could make changing it a bit easier, since it would mostly be just a change of text.
The MC simply lived with her uncle and her until he was old enough to take on a skill that would support him. While growing up, he acted as a servant.

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Yeah, it's paypal and credit card companies wanting to set moral standards for the society. can you imagine fucking bankers trying to set moral standards for us
(Ha ha... I just have to chip in about this.) Why NOT??!! POLITICIANS DO, TEACHERS DO, (not EVEN mentioning Religions, here) Hell WE're TRAINED TO LET OTHER PEOPLE TELL US HOW TO LIVE... It is the mark of an adult to finally look at what we've been told, separate out the Bulsh*t and make our own viewpoint...which I'm sad to say, is work that most individuals fail to do. Just look at everyone following some crowd without even examining to see if they agree with its purpose. Being a Football fanatic (Go packers!) is one thing, voting for a politician because he has a "D" or "R" behind his name is totally different...but PEOPLE DO IT! They'd vote for a BRICK if it had the right Party backing it. That's how this country got so f*cked up. Its US, letting other people tell us how to think, what to say, and what to do!!

And on the other hand, there are certain rules we agree to follow if we're going to live in any society...even a street gang. (Don't rat on anyone!) However, there are still lots of places we can 'tell 'em to shove it' and live by our own standards....

OK RANT MODE <OFF!>
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself... I'll be wishing Belle best of luck and joining him on that 'other' site.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
If anything, I am surprised it took this long for you to get that strike. You never attempted to skirt around any of it so it's a wonder that you were up this long without any reports.

I'm not worried anyway. You mentioned before that you have planned for this. Take your time.

...On second thought, don't take your time. Bad idea. Patreon already has their hammer up.

4.60 star(s) 378 Votes