glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Here`s the question
Even Though I follow the Playthrough, I can't do the "Rooftop climb" with Nell at D28
How could I fix it (Cheat mode activated)
Well, if you are following the playthrough, then you must follow it exactly. Accidentally miss an important action on a previous day and the whole house of cards comes crashing down, because it doesn't explain why you are doing things, and it's easy to miss doing the one tiny thing that lays the groundwork for a later event. This is why linear action-by-action walkthroughs suck.

Most likely, you missed spending an afternoon with Nell. She pushes you away when you try to kiss her if she doesn't like you enough. There are three things you can do to make her like you better: spend afternoons with her, tell her she's beautiful the first time you talk to her at the stables (requires 2 charisma), and bring her a romance novel the second time you spend the afternoon with her. Usually spending two afternoons with her is enough to make her like you well enough, but if you didn't complement her and didn't choose the romance novel, then you'll need to spend one or two more afternoons with her.

If you refer to my guide, you'll find information on what you need to do to complete each relationship path.

Karibuu

Apr 21, 2019
You're misremembering. Evelyn gives the MC money each week as long as negotiations with Thaddeus are "going well," but there's nothing where she says, "do this and I'll give you that."
Ahh, that's the thing! I guess once you walk in on them, it stops the negotiations and the flow of money from her?

Thanks for the answer ^^

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Ahh, that's the thing! I guess once you walk in on them, it stops the negotiations and the flow of money from her?

Thanks for the answer ^^
Negotiations are going well as long as Evelyn continues to be able to lead Thaddeus along by his dick. Interrupt them, that stops, and the money stops.

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Here`s the question
Even Though I follow the Playthrough, I can't do the "Rooftop climb" with Nell at D28
How could I fix it (Cheat mode activated)
Umm, you should always be able to do the rooftop climp in the mornings when Nell is at the stables, which she should be on day 28, so I can't see where it has gone wrong for you m8?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Umm, you should always be able to do the rooftop climp in the mornings when Nell is at the stables, which she should be on day 28, so I can't see where it has gone wrong for you m8?
well there are things like not asking about it from her and not gotten order to go climbing with nell.

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
well there are things like not asking about it from her and not gotten order to go climbing with nell.
Well he said he had been following the playthrough guide until day 28, which would then require him to do more than one rooftop climp already, so I kinda assumed that he would have reached that point going by what he wrote.. :)

Sooo I don't quite get your point here m8?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well he said he had been following the playthrough guide until day 28, which would then require him to do more than one rooftop climp already, so I kinda assumed that he would have reached that point going by what he wrote.. :)

Sooo I don't quite get your point here m8?
don't see him saying that he has done it before, can get to d28 easily w/o triggering that even when following wt.

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
yes, it is easy to miss some step when following written wt.
Well, that's where we disagree then, because following a guide with only a general overview of the mechanics, and some detailed descriptions is by far much harder to navigate if you ask for my opinion.

And if you have trouble following a step-by-step guide, which tells you exactly where you should be and do at any given time of the days I'm pretty sure you would have many problems following a general guide, where you have to read different sections, go back and forth between the sections then calculate how to do things and then navigate and decide for yourself when to do said things, and without any idea of how many times you actually have to do said action with the different persons, to obtain what you want from them. Or even an idea of when some things needs to be done before another for the preferred outcome to come to fruition.

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
Well, that's where we disagree then, because following a guide with only a general overview of the mechanics, and some detailed descriptions is by far much harder to navigate if you ask for my opinion.

And if you have trouble following a step-by-step guide, which tells you exactly where you should be and do at any given time of the days I'm pretty sure you would have many problems following a general guide, where you have to read different sections, go back and forth between the sections then calculate how to do things and then navigate and decide for yourself when to do said things, and without any idea of how many times you actually have to do said action with the different persons, to obtain what you want from them. Or even an idea of when some things needs to be done before another for the preferred outcome to come to fruition.
It's called "accidentally losing your place in a long list of things." Everybody does it, except perhaps for you.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

glaurung

Jul 17, 2020
if we dont tell evelyn how we feel (after completing her secrets obviously) is she going to make a move on mc lol?
The MC can only have sex with evelyn by telling her how he feels about her. Full stop. Don't tell her, and there's no sex between the MC and Evelyn.

If she still has a certain inhibition in place, she responds to the confession of feelings by having sex with the MC and then leaving town forever (and the game becomes unwinnable).
If the inhibition is gone, and if she likes the MC well enough (a combination of number of afternoons spent with her plus did you shoo away Thaddeus or not), then she responds by dragging the MC into bed with her and becomes the MC's girlfriend.

TheMortal

Aug 30, 2018
Have this constantly on my screen almost everywhere.
No idea how to get rid of it.
1673670199283.png

I'm relatively early into the game, and playing with cheat mod on (can see that being the issue).

Anyone know how to get rid of it?
*bigger example with everything else:
1673670277428.png

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Have this constantly on my screen almost everywhere.
No idea how to get rid of it.
View attachment 2309902

I'm relatively early into the game, and playing with cheat mod on (can see that being the issue).

Anyone know how to get rid of it?
*bigger example with everything else:
View attachment 2309905
It's not the cheat mod.

it's the same Ren'Py bug with the achievements, you need to load a save before the popup showed up and go past it again, not skipping, and then let it go away before proceeding.

codecrush7

Mar 23, 2020
Very interesting, never played a game that uses the Ace Attorney system for presenting evidence to dialogue before. Still near the beginning but hope they will make other ones that are similar too

4.60 star(s) 376 Votes