motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Long Road Home 0.9.0 Progress update
I haven't given an update in a while, but I haven't been slacking.

I finally got the big event (Party Night) script and coding cleaned up.

(I'll probably proofread it a couple more times though).

It is 316 renders with a big reveal and a lot of crazy stuff going on.

I've finished the two after party scenes and the morning after scenes.

I've finished two large side events.

I'm currently working on bike riding events. There will be three total. MC will be getting a lot of action this episode!

I've created the settings for a couple of story continuation scenes but haven't started rendering or scripting them yet.

On the story clean up,

I went back to 0.8.0 and added a quick conversation with Stan and Della about Rin (Babes club Japanese dancer) going to work at the Fox Box. (Your choice)

It is one of the side events in 0.9.0

0.9.0 is going to be the largest episode thus far to be able to set things in place for the end of chapter one. 0.9.0 Episode stats so far,

671 Still images

61 Animations/loops (1900+ images)

5800+ lines of text and code

Added more music and sound effects, but lost track of the number...

I feel like I'm making good progress despite a lot of R.L. distractions and family commitments.

I'm shooting to have 0.9.0 out to the Patch holder tier mid-August.

Take care,

OBD

Here are a couple of images from 0.9.0

View attachment 1928874 View attachment 1928875
I'm droolin'!! This looks like it's gonna be awesome!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
No worries, it's just text. No coding changes. It's no different than me going back to correct typos.

The conversation should have been there. (I screwed the pooch and forgot it.) It sets up the event in 0.9.0
How far back? I mean... what are the events before and after the inserted conversation? I'll replay the whole game if need be but I have a shit ton of saves, brother. I just need to have an idea where to load in to see the event/conversation... No hurries, no worries on a response as long as we know in time for the update.
Family first! Give mom a hug and kiss and tell her your fans are pulling for her!
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
:oops: Wow, I agree with PapaPhat, take care of the family first. I've been on this ride for a while, so I'm in no hurry. Always enjoy the full episode release anyway, so its worth the wait.

P. S. - Adding a little oriental flavor, that's worth removing some opposition!

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
In the images up above, didn't the MC up until 0.80 have short or shaved hair, how did he go from that to having a head full of hair in one go? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PapaPhat

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
In the images up above, didn't the MC up until 0.80 have short or shaved hair, how did he go from that to having a head full of hair in one go? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That image is from 0.9.0. It was shaved in prison up to episode 3. It's been growing a little since the beginning of episode 4.
I had to change the hair asset. I couldn't make the one from 0.8.0 any longer. I really like the new one from 0.9.0

:poop:*BULLSHIT ALERT*:poop: Let me get philosophical. MC's hair growing is an allegory for the inner growth he experiences during his journey from where he started to where the journey will end... ;)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
MC's hair as been filling out more and more each update as it has grown over time. He's bald when we first meet him, then a bit of stubble and so on to what you see in the images above. OBD has been really faithful to MC's change of appearance over time... Look a little closer next time you play... you'll notice the changes. It's not really that long at present anyway. I can grow mine from zero on the clippers to what you see in the images above in about six months. Take a closer look at MC's hair in 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8. You'll see the gradual changes.

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
MC's hair as been filling out more and more each update as it has grown over time. He's bald when we first meet him, then a bit of stubble and so on to what you see in the images above. OBD has been really faithful to MC's change of appearance over time... Look a little closer next time you play... you'll notice the changes. It's not really that long at present anyway. I can grow mine from zero on the clippers to what you see in the images above in about six months. Take a closer look at MC's hair in 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8. You'll see the gradual changes.
Hair, what's hair? If I tried to grow my hair out now, sunglasses would still be required!:cool: I keep it military style now, and just tell everybody it makes me look like I'm moving fast. Better aerodynamics! :unsure:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
That image is from 0.9.0. It was shaved in prison up to episode 3. It's been growing a little since the beginning of episode 4.
I had to change the hair asset. I couldn't make the one from 0.8.0 any longer. I really like the new one from 0.9.0

:poop:*BULLSHIT ALERT*:poop: Let me get philosophical. MC's hair growing is an allegory for the inner growth he experiences during his journey from where he started to where the journey will end... ;)
It has actually seemed like a pretty smooth transition and I think it's a nice touch. I like the allegory, though it is a pretty sure bet that anybody who gets as much pussy as MC does will experience inner, outer, all around, all kinds o' growth. :p

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hair, what's hair? If I tried to grow my hair out now, sunglasses would still be required!:cool: I keep it military style now, and just tell everybody it makes me look like I'm moving fast. Better aerodynamics! :unsure:
Same same, man. High and tight forever. Nothing beats runnin' your hand over the fresh stubble. It's tingly to point of damn near organasmical!:cool:

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019

Has it? Damn, I've been so wrapped in the dialogue and story that I hadn't actually been paying attention to his hair as I should, I'll just blame you for this since your story is so damn good it made me miss details like this.

Yep I hadn't noticed like you said, as you saw above I blame this all on Dimitri since his storytelling is so good it distracted me from the finer details of the renders

Jokes aside though, I like the look but I would seriously love a longer-haired biker look with a more 'biker beard' if that's possible.
I would say it needs to be tastefully done but given the quality of everything so far, I feel this doesn't even have to be said. Dimitri57 keep up the amazing work on this and I promise, next update I will pay more attention to the smaller details. :whistle::whistle:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
How far back? I mean... what are the events before and after the inserted conversation? I'll replay the whole game if need be but I have a shit ton of saves, brother. I just need to have an idea where to load in to see the event/conversation... No hurries, no worries on a response as long as we know in time for the update.
Family first! Give mom a hug and kiss and tell her your fans are pulling for her!
I tacked it onto the end of the conversation with Stan and Della when MC shows the incriminating evidence about James to them. It's not a lot. It just sets up the event for 0.9.0

Below is the conversation from the script. It's not really a spoiler to anyone that's done with 0.8.0 since it was supposed to have happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I tacked it onto the end of the conversation with Stan and Della when MC shows the incriminating evidence about James to them. It's not a lot. It just sets up the event for 0.9.0

Below is the conversation from the script. It's not really a spoiler to anyone that's done with 0.8.0 since it was supposed to have happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Reading this made me remember who Rin is. Yes, we must go get her. But, I'm bettin' you already know that. :whistle: Not to worry about stirrin' the nest, Bob must die anyway! (n) Not that I'm a war monger or anything. But, some people are just too bad to let live. But, back to Rin. I'll start the chant. Save Rin! Save Rin! Save Rin!

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes