Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Even if it is the completion of the 1st Chapter? Someone will need to splain it to me then. I've seen so many different opinions on numbering conventions.

When would a story be at 1.0.0? After 100 updates?
Honestly hun, ignore anyone being anal about version numbers.

Out of 5 million people on the site, about 10 complain so.....

You number them however you want. Name them after Santa's Reindeer for all I care.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Honestly hun, ignore anyone being anal about version numbers.

Out of 5 million people on the site, about 10 complain so.....

You number them however you want. Name them after Santa's Reindeer for all I care.
Thanks Avaron1974 :) My sentiments as well... although, you did say it better than what I had in mind.:cool:(y)
Huzzah! Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Reactions: motseer

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Two for sure, most likely three. I feel like the story is complex enough to support going that far without jumping the shark.

Besides, I got nothing fucking else to do... :cool:
Has to be 3, all stories must be trilogies, it's one of those unwritten rule thing.

Star Wars prequals - trilogy.
Star Wars - trilogy.
Star Wars movies that shall not be named - trilogy.
Lord of the Rings - trilogy.
Harry Potter - should have ended on a trilogy because that shit went on wayyyyy too long.
Hunger Games - trilogy unless you're a greddy corporate sleezecock from Hollywood and think to yourself "let's split the third book into 2 movies so gullible idiots will pay us more money".
The Hobbit - single book turned into a trilogy of movies because if they can milk a single book in 2 movies surely they can milk a much shorter book with far less action into 3.
Indiana Jones - trilogy. I loved Indiana Jones. It's a damn shame they never made any more and I will not listen to anyone that lies and says otherwise.
Twilight - trilogy. My ex made me read one of those books. That's why she's my ex. No i'm not joking. She gushed over that series, like niagra falls in the panties gushed, I got a third through one book. She got upset we couldn't share this, and I quote her exact words, "beautiful love story" together. Nobody, and I mean nobody, guilts Ava into reading trash "romance" novels about a pedo vampire watching schoolgirls sleep .... just no.

See the pattern?

I hope so because i'm running out of trilogies.

Also I may be slightly on the tipsy side. I am still taking painkillers from some drunk cunt driving into my side of the car and thought "what harm can one glass of wine do" ...... so that was a question i'll never ask again.

My girlfriend is not amused with me.

Think I may be in trouble when she gets home.

If no one hears from me after tonight then she did it, avenge me.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Two for sure, most likely three. I feel like the story is complex enough to support going that far without jumping the shark.

Besides, I got nothing fucking else to do... :cool:
Since, like me, you don't have much if anything else to do then once you button up Long Road Home...
I look forward to your fine sequel, sir! :cool:

As to file size, I have no issue with 5-6 GB game files however a chapter three will likely take this to around 9-10 GB total game size. So, your consideration in breaking up the story into "bite sized" increments is much appreciated!;) Maybe that should read byte sized... hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for an amazing, intriguing and sexy story, Dima. I love Long Road Home!
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Reactions: Dimitri57

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Has to be 3, all stories must be trilogies, it's one of those unwritten rule thing.

Star Wars - trilogy.
Harry Potter - should have ended on a trilogy because that shit went on wayyyyy too long.
Hunger Games - trilogy unless you're a greddy corporate sleezecock from Hollywood and think to yourself "let's split the third book into 2 movies so gullible idiots will pay us more money".
The Hobbit - single book turned into a trilogy of movies because if they can milk a single book in 2 movies surely they can milk a much shorter book with far less action into 3.
Indiana Jones - trilogy. I loved Indiana Jones. It's a damn shame they never made any more and I will not listen to anyone that lies and says otherwise.
Twilight - trilogy. My ex made me read one of those books. That's why she's my ex. No i'm not joking. She gushed over that series, like niagra falls in the panties gushed, I got a third through one book. She got upset we couldn't share this, and I quote her exact words, "beautiful love story" together. Nobody, and I mean nobody, guilts Ava into reading trash "romance" novels about a pedo vampire watching schoolgirls sleep .... just no.

See the pattern?

Also I may be slightly on the tipsy side. I am still taking painkillers from some drunk cunt driving into my side of the car and thought "what harm can one glass of wine do" ...... so that was a question i'll never ask again.

There are ALWAYS more trilogies, dear friend! :devilish:

You named some excellent trilogy choices but... Here are some you forgot to mention...
Chronicles of Riddick, Hannibal Lecter, Blade, Mariachi, Trilogy of the Dead, Mad Max, Terminator, XMen, Die Hard, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alien, Evil Dead, Matrix, Dollars, Bourne, Godfather, Batman, Planet of the Apes, Abrams' Star Trek and John Wick. Admittedly, some of those franchises grew well beyond their originally planned trilogy format but were all trilogies none the less.

Of course, I would be remiss to not add my most recent and dear favorite... Long Road Home...:devilish:

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: Tell GF to kiss your ass and lick your kitty!:devilish: She's not the one in pain, right? Get well soon and easy on the wine with the pain meds... That shit will kick your ass.;)

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017

Star Wars - trilogy.

See the pattern?

You've made a compelling case. Trilogy it will be!

Hopefully you're not seriously injured physically. Your wit and cognitive ability are razor sharp as always, so I assume you didn't take a blow to the head.

Your gal friend best not harm the petite Welsh goddess. You will be avenged if she does.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Even if it is the completion of the 1st Chapter?
Sure, if that's the way you want to do it. Just be aware the site, either automatically or via mods/admins, will likely apply the "complete" tag once it hits 1.0.

Personally I find the way version numbers are typically used for incrementally released (early access?) AVNs generally only confuse things for the most part. If you are going to have a game comprised of separate chapters then I would just label updates as "Chapter X, Part Y". Although that's probably impractical for a game already halfway through development.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
If that were the case OBD can ask for the completed tag to be removed or start a brand new thread for the next chapter/s if he wants.

Reactions: Dimitri57

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, that depends... I've seen a couple of devs using more than one digit in each field (e.g. 0.22.3) :eek:
and some go even more "extremes".

Yes. It will be the same setting and characters. The game size is getting too big. I'll have to make a way to transfer your choices from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2.
luck with that, it's not as easy as it sounds. 1 dev tried and couldn't get it to work.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
There are ALWAYS more trilogies, dear friend! :devilish:

You named some excellent trilogy choices but... Here are some you forgot to mention...
Chronicles of Riddick, Hannibal Lecter, Blade, Mariachi, Trilogy of the Dead, Mad Max, Terminator, XMen, Die Hard, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alien, Evil Dead, Matrix, Dollars, Bourne, Godfather, Batman, Planet of the Apes, Abrams' Star Trek and John Wick. Admittedly, some of those franchises grew well beyond their originally planned trilogy format but were all trilogies none the less.

Of course, I would be remiss to not add my most recent and dear favorite... Long Road Home...:devilish:

Adventure ever on dear friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: Tell GF to kiss your ass and lick your kitty!:devilish: She's not the one in pain, right? Get well soon and easy on the wine with the pain meds... That shit will kick your ass.;)
Inside Phat's head - the fountain of forgotten trilogies. Look at it all! OMG, it's a wasteland of dead and dying stories in here. Thank god for Long Road Home. Phat would never find his way outta here without it!!

Rare77

Mar 19, 2021
Yes. It will be the same setting and characters. The game size is getting too big. I'll have to make a way to transfer your choices from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2.
In my opinion, the most elegant and least complex way (for the users, I don't know for the developer) is the implementation at the beginning of the following chapters of a summary of what happened previously, proposing again the important choices that could change future dialogues or events based on the chosen path.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
In my opinion, the most elegant and least complex way (for the users, I don't know for the developer) is the implementation at the beginning of the following chapters of a summary of what happened previously, proposing again the important choices that could change future dialogues or events based on the chosen path.
If the game hasn't a complex point system or too many flags/choices to keep track on, yes, that would be the best option.

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes