Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
In my opinion, the most elegant and least complex way (for the users, I don't know for the developer) is the implementation at the beginning of the following chapters of a summary of what happened previously, proposing again the important choices that could change future dialogues or events based on the chosen path.
That would be the better way to go since I plan to clean up the coding of the early episodes. I've seen other games where porting data to the next chapter at best, was a crap shoot.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Inside Phat's head - the fountain of forgotten trilogies. Look at it all! OMG, it's a wasteland of dead and dying stories in here. Thank god for Long Road Home. Phat would never find his way outta here without it!!
Inside Phat's head? :unsure: *Shudder* That's a scary place! :eek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
And the floor littered with tissues...
Tissues? Who has time to wipe? :devilish:

Anyway... save a tree... take a shower!:ROFLMAO:

And NO, EfontMan, no 15 year old bullshit allowed. My actual bedroom IRL has white walls with no posters, just a few amps, basses, combat ready high carbon steel blades sharp enough for shaving and my bows.

My mind palace is a gothic castle with fifty foot ceilings, hundreds of rooms and a dungeon for those who tempt my wrath. If I showed you the vastness of the darkness within, you would truly be terrified and fall to your knees like Wayne and Garth here...

Last edited:

zp560

Nov 29, 2018
well if its a trilogies or more it still a very great game i'm bitting my finger nails waitting for the next update and
i hope it never end i love this game so much keep up the great work

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
well if its a trilogies or more it still a very great game i'm bitting my finger nails waitting for the next update and
i hope it never end i love this game so much keep up the great work
Pretty sure we'll be seeing more from OBD Games for many years to come. Adventure ever on friend, Phat :devilish:

Reactions: zp560

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i'm bitting my finger nails waitting for the next update
Whaaaat?

Dev is slow AF, you'll chew your fingers off if you do that.

I'd probably suggest finding a nice, comfy seat and replaying Cyberpunk 2077 with mods to make pretty charactes like what i'm doing.

Mods make everything better.

Meet my girl....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One thing I never understood about the game is the lack of cyber limbs.

Praise be to mods.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Yes. It will be the same setting and characters. The game size is getting too big. I'll have to make a way to transfer your choices from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2.
In the game rebirth after finishing an episode/chapter, it asks you to name that particular episode/chapter run through. So when you start the next episode/chapter it asks you to choose the name of the previous runthrough, and loads all stats/saves, everything. Just a thought from someone who's not a dev.

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
In the game rebirth after finishing an episode/chapter, it asks you to name that particular episode/chapter run through. So when you start the next episode/chapter it asks you to choose the name of the previous runthrough, and loads all stats/saves, everything. Just a thought from someone who's not a dev.
This was a good thought! I play + love rebirth too and should have thought of that, but for some reason didn't. So I'm glad you 1) did, and 2) took the time to mention it. And Dimitri57 I'll add that there'd be no harm in reaching out and seeing if the developers of Rebirth (who seem from the outside to be good natured sorts) might be willing to share their method with you?

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
No need to hassle the dev when RenPy lets you look up its skirt so willingly. Rebirth has discreet "z_load_save" and "z_save_transfer" scripts that handle the job.
A lot of the Ren'Py coding I've learned (copied) is from snooping around in other games scripts. Also, Ren'Py has a lot of coding examples on their website."

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
This was a good thought! I play + love rebirth too and should have thought of that, but for some reason didn't. So I'm glad you 1) did, and 2) took the time to mention it. And Dimitri57 I'll add that there'd be no harm in reaching out and seeing if the developers of Rebirth (who seem from the outside to be good natured sorts) might be willing to share their method with you?
Thanks.
Those who can, Dev. Those who can't, play.
So the Rebirth method of episode retrieval was my first thought.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Speaking of which, it seems Rebirth makes use of MultiPersistent
well many games do that where there are many chapters and multiple paths (like ataegina) since then doesn't need to keep ch 1 when wants to continue other path.

Reactions: PapaPhat
4.40 star(s) 125 Votes