ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
If you didn't like their books, you would not buy them. If you did not like their movies, you would not go to see them. Publishers make suggestion to authors to help sell books. Movie studios do screenings and make changes based on comments. If a developer is checking out comments here, then he/she is looking for suggestions from potential customers. If you like the game the way it is, support it. I don't like it and all I'm doing is letting the developer know what it would take to get my money. I'm putting a suggestion in the suggestion box. All I'm saying that if you are going to tell the developer not to make a change then buy his product.

Reactions: Ggwpglhf

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
If you didn't like their books, you would not buy them. If you did not like their movies, you would not go to see them. Publishers make suggestion to authors to help sell books. Movie studios do screenings and make changes based on comments. If a developer is checking out comments here, then he/she is looking for suggestions from potential customers. If you like the game the way it is, support it. I don't like it and all I'm doing is letting the developer know what it would take to get my money. I'm putting a suggestion in the suggestion box. All I'm saying that if you are going to tell the developer not to make a change then buy his product.
I'm not going to tell or ask a DEV to change his/her story. If I don't like the story, I put the thread on ignore. I think the DEVs should have the balls to tell their story in their fashion. End of story. [pun] :)

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not going to tell or ask a DEV to change his/her story. If I don't like the story, I put the thread on ignore. I think the DEVs should have the balls to tell their story in their fashion. End of story. [pun] :)
Since developers are trying to make some money, they should do what everyone else in the world and try to make their customers happy. It is easy for you to make this statement, you are not the one losing money because of this content. You like the game the way it is and still won't support it. If you don't like a story, you ignore it; and if you do, you freeload. Why should any developer care what you have to say?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Since developers are trying to make some money, they should do what everyone else in the world and try to make their customers happy.
That, right there, is why so many games get abandoned.

These devs come out with games, work hard on them, have an idea they love and want to do something with then they get complained at and asked to change things to make their customers "happy".

The problem is the dev is no longer happy and ends up making a game they no longer have any passion for so they walk away.

Now we come to this.

Dev put a scene in to set a tone, people complained, he removed the scene .... did that improve his situation?

No, no it did not.

All that happened was those same people that told him to remove the scene carried on telling him to remove things. He's no better off for it than he was only now he's probably less enthusiastic about launching any more content due to backlash.

He even changed Tracy's personality from the one I loved in the first release, all about living free and sharing her joy of sex with anyone she wanted into wanting to settle down. Complete personality shift in under an hour. Probably terrified of the amount of rage he'd get if he put her with anyone else.

The problem with keeping people happy is it kills a devs creativity and eventually their passion.

Rather than that person decided the game maybe isn't for them they demand changes to suit them.

You can't please everyone.

Devs should make the game they want and leave it to the players to decide if that's what they want to support or not. You try and please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
The problem is that what the developer wanted to do was make a change that would allow him to make more money and a lot of people jumped all over him for doing it. These same people were not supporting him anyway. I will promise right now that if Jessy's molestation is taken out of the game completely, I will pledge immediately. I will continue my pledge until the game ends or similar content appears. Any of you defenders want to accept that challenge and make a pledge to keep the content the way it is? He still only has 16 patrons.
I personally believe that the developer actually cared about the volume of negative reactions to a scene in his game. Never mind whether the scene skirted any legal issues. So he made a change.

I don't know why he did not personally address the reactions or the change, and I really don't care. I'm positive he did so because he recognized what caused the negative reactions, realized what caused it and made a major change to fix it. And because he did make the change, you guys are even complaining about the change.

I think you guys won't be satisfied unless you can bitch about something irregardless of what it is. If you don't like it, delete the fucking game and find something else to play and get over it.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

These devs come out with games, work hard on them, have an idea they love and want to do something with then they get complained at and asked to change things to make their customers "happy".

The problem is the dev is no longer happy and ends up making a game they no longer have any passion for so they walk away.

Now we come to this.

Dev put a scene in to set a tone, people complained, he removed the scene .... did that improve his situation?

No, no it did not.

All that happened was those same people that told him to remove the scene carried on telling him to remove things. He's no better off for it than he was only now he's probably less enthusiastic about launching any more content due to backlash.

He even changed Tracy's personality from the one I loved in the first release, all about living free and sharing her joy of sex with anyone she wanted into wanting to settle down. Complete personality shift in under an hour. Probably terrified of the amount of rage he'd get if he put her with anyone else.

The problem with keeping people happy is it kills a devs creativity and eventually their passion.

Rather than that person decided the game maybe isn't for them they demand changes to suit them.

Devs should make the game they want and leave it to the players to decide if that's what they want to support or not. You try and please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one.
And here you are telling developers what they should do. If I like a game, I support it. If I don't but potentially would like the game, I make a suggestion. It is up to the developer. If they listen to my suggestion, I contribute. If a developer just wants to tell their story why ask for donations? In this case, the developer made a change that did not address the entire issue. That is why he is still getting complaints. Obviously money is a concern for him. Why jump on him for changing his own story in his attempt to make a buck? Isn't that also his right?

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018

Now we come to this.

No, no it did not.

I couldn't have said it better. ptahn :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

Now we come to this.

No, no it did not.

Yes, games that are making thousands of dollars per month get abandoned because customers make suggestions. Why do so many developers do polls on their Patreon pages if they hate suggestions?

• Haha
Reactions: SoiCowboy

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why jump on him for changing his own story in his attempt to make a buck? Isn't that also his right?
Point out one place I jumped on the dev.

I think you have reading comprehension issues.

I'm jumping over those telling the dev to change his content.

If a developer just wants to tell their story why ask for donations?
What the fuck kind of ass backwards logic do you run on?

The same way people write books and want paying for them. The same way people create TV shows, movies, plays, songs damn near fucking anything involving some form of creativity and want paying for it.

You're in for a sharp shock if you expect every dev on patreon to change their content if their players don't like something.

I know a handful of those earning big money that have told people to fuck off (sometimes more politely) and that they are telling their story.

People are free to support them or move on but they are going to tell their story.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not asking/telling the DEV to do anything. I was just reading his/her story. You're the one doing that.
Find my original post. I said that I quit playing the game because of the content. I said the content would have a financial cost. I never asked for any change. I said that those who like the content should support the game. After all the comments condemning the developer for making the change that he did make, I pointed out that these same people never supported the game anyway. I then said that I would support the game if the dev. took out the Jessy molestation content to challenge those that were telling him not to make any changes to support him. What I then got was comments against my position again from people not willing to support the game. The developer is trying to make some money. You are not willing to give him any regardless of what he does. Who is the bad guy here?

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Point out one place I jumped on the dev.

I think you have reading comprehension issues.

I'm jumping over those telling the dev to change his content.

What the fuck kind of ass backwards logic do you run on?

The same way people write books and want paying for them. The same way people create TV shows, movies, plays, songs damn near fucking anything involving some form of creativity and want paying for it.

You're in for a sharp shock if you expect every dev on patreon to change their content if their players don't like something.

I know a handful of those earning big money that have told people to fuck off (sometimes more politely) and that they are telling their story.

People are free to support them or move on but they are going to tell their story.
If they just want to tell a story (and money was not a concern at all) they would not ask for donations. I know of at least one developer on this site that has no donation page of any sort. As I said earlier, writers take suggestions from their publishers; etc.

I don't expect every developer to make changes to satisfy customers. Some do, some don't. Sometimes it's the right decision and sometimes it's not. For some developers this a business. Most businesses don't do well if they just tell their customers to fuck off.

As much as I like a good debate, I need to get some sleep. Need to earn that paycheck so I can support some more developers. If anyone replies, I will try to respond tomorrow.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
You were one of the ones telling him to change his story to suit you and now you come with this?

View attachment 600861
I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here, just had more time to think over it.

I had a chance to sleep on it and then went through the Dev's comments since posting 2.1 and 2.5. I see now what the dev was going for when he included the story element. I still do not like that Jessy got raped and feel he could accomplish the same things in the game without it but I know the Dev is listening to his fans and will take what he likes of our opinions/feedback and throw out the rest. That's good enough for me. I know ultimately its the Dev's project so he's free to make it how he likes and i'm free to not play if it becomes a deal breaker for me.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
If they just want to tell a story (and money was not a concern at all) they would not ask for donations. I know of at least one developer on this site that has no donation page of any sort. As I said earlier, writers take suggestions from their publishers; etc.

I don't expect every developer to make changes to satisfy customers. Some do, some don't. Sometimes it's the right decision and sometimes it's not. For some developers this a business. Most businesses don't do well if they just tell their customers to fuck off.

As much as I like a good debate, I need to get some sleep. Need to earn that paycheck so I can support some more developers. If anyone replies, I will try to respond tomorrow.
OK - You really want to know what I think? The dev took out the child rape scene to stay out of prison. Now wtf do you you want to keep complaining about?

Last edited:

thatsmerod

Nov 6, 2019
If I like a game, I support it. If I don't but potentially would like the game, I make a suggestion
I feel like this is a lie and you dont support any games and use this as a means to get your suggestions some weight...i could be cynical but if you dont like a game just dont play it....you really go to EVERY game on here you dont like and suggest?

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes