• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Long Road Home 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 patch -PC and MAC

****THERE IS NOT ANY NEW CONTENT****

This is a Features/Script/Bugfix update patch from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1

PC - Unzip this patch and drop the "game" file into your LongRoadHome-0.9.0-pc folder. Let it overwrite the files when prompted.

MAC - Unzip this patch and let it overwrite file where the game is located on your MAC.

The size of the patch is due mainly to the audio file. I added more music and sound effects but didn't keep track of what I added.
The best way to make sure someone didn't have errors due to missing soundtracks was to put the whole audio file in the patch.

0.9.1 Highlights,

It enables the EZ-Mode option all the way through the game.

It adds music and sound effects all the way through the game.

It corrects some random non-critical script errors scattered throughout the game.

It corrects copious amounts labeling/typos/word salads/grammar errors.

It adds a DEV comment to let people know the story continues on the red path and prompts to save game in episode 3 when deciding how you will deal with JD.

Hopefully this will keep people from getting to the end of the blue path and think that's all of the content.

I didn't change any code that would break old saves, but just in case I've attached a clean save game that starts at the beginning of episode 9. That save has all the girls in play.

I attached a barebones WT, but it isn't needed with the in-game WT.

0.9.1 Episode stats,

1,186 Still images

94 Animations/loops (3,200+ images)

11,594 lines of text and code

Music and sound effects.

Take care,
OBD

P.S. ****THERE IS NOT ANY NEW CONTENT****

PC,

Mega

MAC,

Mega
So, what you're saying is there isn't any new content.:p

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Long Road Home 0.9.1 Full Update

This is a Features/Script/Bugfix update to LRH 0.9.0

It enables the EZ-Mode option all the way through the game.

It adds music and sound effects all the way through the game.

It corrects some random non-critical script errors scattered throughout the game.

It corrects copious amount of labeling/typos/word salads/grammar errors.

It adds a DEV comment to let people know the story continues on the red path and prompts to save game in episode 3 when deciding how you will deal with JD.

Hopefully this will keep people from getting to the end of the blue path and think that's all of the content.

I didn't change any code that would break old saves, but just in case I've attached a clean save game that starts at the beginning of episode 9. That save has all the girls in play.

I attached a barebones WT, but it isn't needed with the in-game WT.

0.9.1 Episode stats,

1,186 Still images

94 Animations/loops (3,200+ images)

11,594 lines of text and code

Music and sound effects.

Take care,

OBD

P.S. ****THERE IS NOT ANY NEW CONTENT****

PC

MAC

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Ya know, man, LWtbo sometimes displays a level of tolerance that is just - well, I know we are supposed to "suffer fools gladly" but he might qualify for sainthood... jus' sayin'

But, yeah, I'm with you... ignore it till it goes away.
If people would bother to read the thread, I've acknowledged the poor quality of some of the images in the early episodes numerous times. They will be remastered at some point.

When I started this project, I downloaded DAZ and started to learn how to render on the fly. Plus, the rig I had at that time had a subpar GPU. I've learned a lot and upgraded my rig to produce better images.

I'm a self-taught, one-man gaming studio... I wouldn't expect my images to compare to the big titles that have dedicated, formally trained illustrators and animators.

It's humorous seeing critical comments from people that have zero idea what it takes, nor the talent to produce anything themselves. Daz is free to download. Show us what you can do...

I do question the further compression of the game effecting image quality. I use jpeg rather than png to manage the size of the game. Plus, I upscale images by 1.5 when I render them, then resize them back to 1080p. That has a compressing effect on its own. The compressed version of the game looks like crap to me. I understand some folks have limited download bandwidth. As long as they understand compression greatly impacts the image quality.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
If people would bother to read the thread, I've acknowledged the poor quality of some of the images in the early episodes numerous times. They will be remastered at some point.

When I started this project, I downloaded DAZ and started to learn how to render on the fly. Plus, the rig I had at that time had a subpar GPU. I've learned a lot and upgraded my rig to produce better images.

I'm a self-taught, one-man gaming studio... I wouldn't expect my images to compare to the big titles that have dedicated, formally trained illustrators and animators.

It's humorous seeing critical comments from people that have zero idea what it takes, nor the talent to produce anything themselves. Daz is free to download. Show us what you can do...

I do question the further compression of the game effecting image quality. I use jpeg rather than png to manage the size of the game. Plus, I upscale images by 1.5 when I render them, then resize them back to 1080p. That has a compressing effect on its own. The compressed version of the game looks like crap to me. I understand some folks have limited download bandwidth. As long as they understand compression greatly impacts the image quality.
I guess I wouldn't notice because even the older renders in the early chapters look pretty damn good on my quad GTX1080ti and 32' wall screen monitor. Don't need no stinkin' compressions... jus' sayin' :devilish::whistle:(y)

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
The 0.9.1 full update does, the 0.9.0 to 9.0.1 patch doesn't. If you didn't have 0.9.0 already you need the full update.
Yo OBD, got a question. Figured since this thread has been quiet lately, I'm going to ask an asinine question. Do you know what type of schedule you have plan for Ep. 10? Figured I visit my fallback after learning of a popular game getting abandoned.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yo OBD, got a question. Figured since this thread has been quiet lately, I'm going to ask an asinine question. Do you know what type of schedule you have plan for Ep. 10? Figured I visit my fallback after learning of a popular game getting abandoned.
Pretty sure we can count on OBD to finish this. Remember that he is only one dev working alone so we just need to exercise a little patience. In fact, pretty sure that he already has another title in mind as a sequel or continuation once Long Road Home is finally completed. So, we are still in for a good long ride with the Old Biker Dude for the foreseeable future. Hope that helps you my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
Pretty sure we can count on OBD to finish this. Remember that he is only one dev working alone so we just need to exercise a little patience. In fact, pretty sure that he already has another title in mind as a sequel or continuation once Long Road Home is finally completed. So, we are still in for a good long ride with the Old Biker Dude for the foreseeable future. Hope that helps you my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Actually, it was a popular college game that had a nice following and you always had to wait for the gold edition. As far as OBD is concern, I have no worries. I'm just trying to squeeze some information out of him. :whistle:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Actually, it was a popular college game that had a nice following and you always had to wait for the gold edition. As far as OBD is concern, I have no worries. I'm just trying to squeeze some information out of him. :whistle:
Been wondering when someone would poke their head up here. Good to see you, Runner and Phat. Been seeing you around here and there. I don't post on most threads like I do here. I always check this thread and I'm so confident in OBD that I never talk about the abandonment thing in regards to Long Road Home. It was a shame about that other title, although, I had a sort of "love/hate" thing about it. Anyway.... good to see you both and.... I hope OBD will give you a ballpark when he stops by; I would be interested as well. LRH updates are always anticipated and welcome to hear about for me. Semper Fi, rogues. (y)

Reactions: PapaPhat

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I need a good squeezing from time to time... :devilish:

I'm working on 1.0 but it's been painfully slow. I have been dealing with several RL issues that required a lot of attention. Nothing bad but had to be addressed. I wrapped up the main one this weekend. (y)

I do not have a timeline on 1.0. I don't know if you saw it several weeks back, but I lost my C: drive. I had to do the normal PITA reinstall of windows and all my programs. I had most of my DAZ stuff backed up, but I did lose some locations that I had to recreate. No big deal. When I replaced my C: drive, I upgraded my GPU to a RTX 3090ti with 24gb of VRAM so I'm turning out renders faster. Yay!

DAZ is a resource hog. I installed most of the DAZ assets off my C: drive so I won't run out of room and have to shuffle files back and forth. (A lot more efficient use of time.) When I reinstalled DAZ, I updated to the latest version. It's mostly the same, but they changed and moved shit around that I'm still getting used to.

The main script for 1.0 is fleshed out and it's a lot. I may split it. No worries it will be finished. There is still so much left of this story to tell, I haven't started thinking about another project.

The scenes I have been working on haven't really had anything tease worthy. Once I have some, I'll be sure to drop them on you. :cool:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
There's still a fuckton of grammar errors that i hope will be fixed. It's not "end of the world" bad but the grammar nazi in me cries a bit.
You sweat grammar but not capitalization? :poop:

Which version are you talking about? Unless you can provide some examples, you can keep fucking crying... :mad:

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I need a good squeezing from time to time... :devilish:

I'm working on 1.0 but it's been painfully slow. I have been dealing with several RL issues that required a lot of attention. Nothing bad but had to be addressed. I wrapped up the main one this weekend. (y)

I do not have a timeline on 1.0. I don't know if you saw it several weeks back, but I lost my C: drive. I had to do the normal PITA reinstall of windows and all my programs. I had most of my DAZ stuff backed up, but I did lose some locations that I had to recreate. No big deal. When I replaced my C: drive, I upgraded my GPU to a RTX 3090ti with 24gb of VRAM so I'm turning out renders faster. Yay!

DAZ is a resource hog. I installed most of the DAZ assets off my C: drive so I won't run out of room and have to shuffle files back and forth. (A lot more efficient use of time.) When I reinstalled DAZ, I updated to the latest version. It's mostly the same, but they changed and moved shit around that I'm still getting used to.

The main script for 1.0 is fleshed out and it's a lot. I may split it. No worries it will be finished. There is still so much left of this story to tell, I haven't started thinking about another project.

The scenes I have been working on haven't really had anything tease worthy. Once I have some, I'll be sure to drop them on you. :cool:
Good to hear from you, OBD. I wasn't aware of the RL and hardware things. Glad it is smoothing out for you. I guess the idea that bumps in the road and glitches in the virtual only make you stronger is a thing for devs as well, eh? I'm on my third re-read of LRH inspired by the recent "grammar and quality" update. I'm taking it very slow and using it to give myself a LRH fix from time to time. I guess that only shows how addicted I've become to this story and its characters. As Phat would say, "Adventure on, Bro." (y)

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes