WildBillKatt

Oct 4, 2018
I played the first couple versions and it was just OK. I'm starting to get the vibe that the game has gotten really strong?

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
I played the first couple versions and it was just OK. I'm starting to get the vibe that the game has gotten really strong?
I played it early as well, then got ambushed by the early "good guy" ending wich at that time came out of nowhere. I hated that ending too so I droped the VN because it pissed me of.
Buuut, at least you get a warning for that ending now when you get to a certain choice now.

I recently played again and I have to say that the VN got really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I played it early as well, then got ambushed by the early "good guy" ending wich at that time came out of nowhere. I hated that ending too so I droped the VN because it pissed me of.
Buuut, at least you get a warning for that ending now when you get to a certain choice.

I recently played again and I have to say that the VN got really good.
Hehehehe... that would be, "the VN got really, really, really good". hehehehe :ROFLMAO::cool:(y)

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm really invested in the plot and characters of this VN, such a good one! Can't wait to see more, hopefully the next update is not too far away.
When OBD publishes an update they are substantial and ALWAYS worth the wait, my friend.;)(y)

Dimitri is one dev doing the job of a small team so we must be patient. Follow the forum here or if you are able to contribute to the cause, follow on Patreon. But, you will see the stellar numbers that Dima puts up when he shares his regular updates. He literally does as much or more work than other 3-5 person dev teams! He's an AVN dev machine! Huzzah! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Those of us who have followed this work since the early chapters (started at ch 3 myself) know well enough not to rush Dima. Every extra week we wait is just that much more we get to play when it does release. In fact, he ended up stuffing a portion of what was originally intended for chapter 10 into 0.9!;) Not saying you are being impatient either... We all express similar sentiments and Dima seems to enjoy the comments. Just encouraging you to hang in there, my friend, because the juice is ALWAYS worth the squeeze here!:devilish:

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
One of the games i was looking forward to playing due to many tags that I like. But after playing for a while can't say that I enjoy it too much. The two main girls are not that attractive and the animations and render quality leave alot to be desired esp for 2020 standards. Not sure if this get any better later on.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
One of the games i was looking forward to playing due to many tags that I like. But after playing for a while can't say that I enjoy it too much. The two main girls are not that attractive and the animations and render quality leave alot to be desired esp for 2020 standards. Not sure if this get any better later on.
When a VN is a day old and has a page or 2 of comments - a comment like yours may have some merit. When you are post #3233 on page 162 - you might want to consider that the people there like the VN and don't really need a negative opinion from someone who has read the first 10% of the first chapter. Best wishes for better luck with your next choice of VN's to try. Move on. You're opinion is neither needed nor wanted here.

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
When a VN is a day old and has a page of 2 or comments - a comment like yours may have some merit. When you are post #3233 on page 162 - you might want to consider that the people there like the VN and don't really need a negative opinion from someone who has read the first 10% of the first chapter. Best wishes for better luck with your next choice of VN's to try. Move on. You're opinion is neither needed nor wanted here.
Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Semper Fi, brother!

You know... now that I think on it... that newbie's comment combined with your salty retort reminds me of a scene from the Patriot...

Gibson's Benjamin Martin and his French colleague, Jean Villeneuve, come upon a tavern in search of militia recruits. Thinking the inhabitants of the drinking establishment to be of low quality, Villeneuve expresses doubt until Martin bellows out, "God save King George!" and the pair narrowly escape being skewered with knives and pummeled with assorted detritus.

We are our own best company, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hahaha :ROFLMAO: Semper Fi, brother!

You know... now that I think on it... that newbie's comment combined with your salty retort reminds me of a scene from the Patriot...

Gibson's Benjamin Martin and his French colleague, Jean Villeneuve, come upon a tavern in search of militia recruits. Thinking the inhabitants of the drinking establishment to be of low quality, Villeneuve expresses doubt until Martin bellows out, "God save King George!" and the pair narrowly escape being skewered with knives and pummeled with assorted detritus.

We are our own best company, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)
Great story, Phat! Right up there with Long Road Home. Good analog too, hehe. Adventure on, my friend.(y)

Reactions: PapaPhat

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
When I read this " The two main girls are not that attractive and the animations and render quality leave alot to be desired esp for 2020 standards. Not sure if this get any better later on. "

I had a different and far less guttural responce to this post than our freind motseer mine was more of an incredulous responce.

Although I don't claim to have played all the games on this site some I don't play for certain reasons.
I have played a hefty amount so I'm kind of wondering exactlly which wickedly wonderful games you play.
Which I have so obviously not yet, that are so far superior to this one that makes you leave this comment.
Because it's not the majority of the games on this site that I am fairly sure of.

"The two main girls are not that attractive" well thats subjective and most I would wager disagree with you there.
"animations" well OBD is still learning so he will improve unlike some Dev's that never bother and its still better than most.
"Render quality leave alot to be desired esp for 2020 standards."
This one I don't get especially considering the shit renders some other newer games still have even by 2020 standards.

Some of the better games (of which I count this one) still have lighting isuues, relfection problems or positioning alignment mismatches.
You are of corse are entiteled to you opinion as is every one else my personal opinion for instance.
Is to now ignore your feeble attempt at nitpicking as well as your personal opinion on this game.

But thank you anyway for your post I needed a good laugh.
Forgive any spelling mistakes or Grammer Issues in this post only I'm to busy still laughing to check it.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
When I read this " The two main girls are not that attractive and the animations and render quality leave alot to be desired esp for 2020 standards. Not sure if this get any better later on. "

I had a different and far less guttural responce to this post than our freind motseer mine was more of an incredulous responce.

Although I don't claim to have played all the games on this site some I don't play for certain reasons.
I have played a hefty amount so I'm kind of wondering exactlly which wickedly wonderful games you play.
Which I have so obviously not yet, that are so far superior to this one that makes you leave this comment.
Because it's not the majority of the games on this site that I am fairly sure of.

"The two main girls are not that attractive" well thats subjective and most I would wager disagree with you there.
"animations" well OBD is still learning so he will improve unlike some Dev's that never bother and its still better than most.
This one I don't get especially considering the shit renders some other newer games still have even by 2020 standards.

Some of the better games (of which I count this one) still have lighting isuues, relfection problems or positioning alignment mismatches.
You are of corse are entiteled to you opinion as is every one else my personal opinion for instance.
Is to now ignore your feeble attempt at nitpicking as well as your personal opinion on this game.

Forgive any spelling mistakes or Grammer Issues in this post only I'm to busy still laughing to check it.
I couldn't agree more, friend. You're calm and reasoned reply to an obviously trolling idiot surely hits home. Regulars here probably agree that I sometimes choose a much angrier and mean-spirited stance than you would ever consider. In my defense I can only mention that we seem to be in an age where the pension for patently petty bullshit abounds and sometimes the overbearing need of many to air their angst just becomes... unbearable.

Having said all that... it's nice to note that a quality VN like this one (and many others) are often equipped with a small army of loyal fans ready to come to its defense. Semper fi, LWtbo. (y)

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022

I might not have played too many games coming out in 2020 yet but a game like aoa academy, lust academy, radiant, sunshine love, desert stalker, bright lord is ones I can remember is what I'm basing 2020 standard graphics, models, etc.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I might not have played too many games coming out in 2020 yet but a game like aoa academy, lust academy, radiant, sunshine love, desert stalker, bright lord is ones I can remember is what I'm basing 2020 standard graphics, models, etc.
Seriously please stop it before you make me Piss myself laughing.
You only named a two that I haven't played aoa Academy and Bright Lord and they all and I mean all have issues.
As for being better than LRH maybe Radiant if any but they are all pretty much on the same lvl as Long Road home in actual Render wise.

So what your actually saying is that these AoaAcadamy.jpg Bright Lord.jpg LustAcad.jpg SunshineLove.jpg Radiant.jpg

Are so so much better Render's than this is.
LRH.jpg
You may not like the Models but the Render quality is easily equal if not better.
Must just be my glasses because with the possible exception of Radiant i'm calling bull shit on that claim.

No Offence Just Sayin.

Last edited:

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Seriously please stop it before you make me Piss myself laughing.
You only named a two that I haven't played aoa Academy and Bright Lord and they all and I mean all have issues.
As for being better than LRH maybe Radiant if any but they are all pretty much on the same lvl as Long Road home in actual Render wise.

So what your actually saying is that these View attachment 2113015 View attachment 2113017 View attachment 2113018 View attachment 2113019 View attachment 2113020

Are so so much better Render's than this is.
View attachment 2113021
You may not like the Models but the Render quality is easily equal if not better.
Must just be my glasses because with the possible exception of Radiant i'm calling bull shit on that claim.

No Offence Just Sayin.
Guess to each their own but the long road home one looks grainy and abit low res to me. Feels like they are using older daz models but i'm not an expert. While some newer screenshots do look better atleast the game and the models from an early game did look mid. If we had this baddy as an early girl though it would've been a better first impression for me. 1738524_38.jpg

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Long Road Home 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 patch -PC and MAC

****THERE IS NOT ANY NEW CONTENT****

This is a Features/Script/Bugfix update patch from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1

PC - Unzip this patch and drop the "game" file into your LongRoadHome-0.9.0-pc folder. Let it overwrite the files when prompted.

MAC - Unzip this patch and let it overwrite file where the game is located on your MAC.

The size of the patch is due mainly to the audio file. I added more music and sound effects but didn't keep track of what I added.
The best way to make sure someone didn't have errors due to missing soundtracks was to put the whole audio file in the patch.

0.9.1 Highlights,

It enables the EZ-Mode option all the way through the game.

It adds music and sound effects all the way through the game.

It corrects some random non-critical script errors scattered throughout the game.

It corrects copious amounts of labeling/typos/word salads/grammar errors.

It adds a DEV comment to let people know the story continues on the red path and prompts to save game in episode 3 when deciding how you will deal with JD.

Hopefully this will keep people from getting to the end of the blue path and think that's all of the content.

I didn't change any code that would break old saves, but just in case I've attached a clean save game that starts at the beginning of episode 9. That save has all the girls in play.

I attached a barebones WT, but it isn't needed with the in-game WT.

****THERE IS NOT ANY NEW CONTENT****

0.9.1 Episode stats,

1,186 Still images

94 Animations/loops (3,200+ images)

11,594 lines of text and code

Music and sound effects.

Take care,
OBD

P.S. ****THERE IS NOT ANY NEW CONTENT****

PC,

MAC,

Last edited: