comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
The theme, story or characters won't change. I want to redo some of the early crappy images. My coding skills were minimal when I started. I will change the code to use flags rather than affinity points to trigger scenes and conversations.
To be honest, I just replayed through the first chapter again and I gotta say, the first renders are holding up pretty good, only noticeable things I've caught as different from the more progressed/experienced worked on later down the story is positioning, angles and whatnot, but even lighting holds up pretty good.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I feel your pain, my friend. I've had that happen several times now. I'm about ready to delete another title for extensive rewrites mid game just to appease critics and trolls. Meh... I don't play "story by committee" games. I want the author/dev's vision, not what was changed due to someone complaining or devs that have no vision and hold endless polls to see what they will write next. That is all bullshit!:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Fortunately, OBD aka Dimitri57 aka our beloved dev Dima is NOT one to pander to critics or polls. Sure, he runs the occasional poll on his Patreon but he also takes our opinions to heart right here in the pirate gallery! Then he does what the fuck HE wants to do! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yeah, Dima loves to fuck with folks heads because he is a pirate at heart too.:devilish:

As to reworking Long Road Home, Dima DOES plan to rework Act One but NOT until it is finished. The next update will be the finale' for Act One and all of your current saves will apply. This story was written from the beginning and has not changed. There have been some updated formats and a walkthrough added along the way but the story remains the same. Originally, the last episode was to be one large end to Act One, then there was too much for a single episode and it became two parts. The more Dima looked at all he had written to include in Act One, the finale' became v1.0 Part 1, 2 & 3! So, now that Parts one and two are here, we are all awaiting the final episode with baited breath...

Once v1.0 Part 3 releases... THEN Dima will be reworking and recoding Act One to catch things he missed being his first ever AVN like, coding errors, image quality improvements and a few bits and bobs to prepare this amazing story for a Steam release. However, this will not happen until AFTER we've all seen the full Act One in it's entirety.

Once Dima does all that, he will take a well deserved and much needed holiday to rest and recharge, then begin the next leg of the Long Road Home in Act Two...
Hope this helps you, my friend.
Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Rogues Forever, Forever Rogues
View attachment 2909208
The main story ultimately determines most of the interactions that MC has with the girls. For example, Larisa has never been a high vote getter, but she had a major scene last update because of the way the story is unfolding.

I use the polls to get the pulse of the folks about what girls they like. The side events are flexible. I use them to give some attention to a high vote getting girl.

The other times I've polled, it's been on things that I don't have a strong preference for one way or the other. (Like the Fox Box uniforms).

The Devs that use polls to guide the story lack vision where they wanted to take the story to begin with. That's also why many turn their games into a sandbox once they've run out of ideas.

I have it on good authority, (My Ol 'lady) that I'm a stubborn SOB. I've never been one to stick my finger in the air to guide me which way to go. I'll listen to suggestions and have adopted the ones I like. But in the end, I'm going to follow my vision.

RFFR,
Dima

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
a quick question for Dimitri57

as far as i remember the next update will finish the current chapter(arc?) and will be the last
do you think have the same amount off content planned for it as the last couple off updates?
or do you think it will be more/less?

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
The main story ultimately determines most of the interactions that MC has with the girls. For example, Larisa has never been a high vote getter, but she had a major scene last update because of the way the story is unfolding.

I use the polls to get the pulse of the folks about what girls they like. The side events are flexible. I use them to give some attention to a high vote getting girl.

The other times I've polled, it's been on things that I don't have a strong preference for one way or the other. (Like the Fox Box uniforms).

The Devs that use polls to guide the story lack vision where they wanted to take the story to begin with. That's also why many turn their games into a sandbox once they've run out of ideas.

I have it on good authority, (My Ol 'lady) that I'm a stubborn SOB. I've never been one to stick my finger in the air to guide me which way to go. I'll listen to suggestions and have adopted the ones I like. But in the end, I'm going to follow my vision.

RFFR,
Dima
I'll say this for ya, You are a straight shooter, and that is a rarity these days, Keep on being yourself because we need more devs who aren't afraid to stand by their choices and tell others what's what. That's why everyone who comes here stays here. Don't ever let anyone change your vision past what you would change yourself, that's why we all keep travelling on the "Long Road Home"

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
To be honest, I just replayed through the first chapter again and I gotta say, the first renders are holding up pretty good, only noticeable things I've caught as different from the more progressed/experienced worked on later down the story is positioning, angles and whatnot, but even lighting holds up pretty good.
Thanks. I don't plan to redo everything. Mainly the ones that are grainy or the lighting is blown out.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
a quick question for Dimitri57

as far as i remember the next update will finish the current chapter(arc?) and will be the last
do you think have the same amount off content planned for it as the last couple off updates?
or do you think it will be more/less?
It will be larger than the last.

It will be the conclusion of the First Chapter, but the Story will continue on in Chapter two.
The Rouges will be faced with organizational changes and MC will reach a milestone at the end of Chapter one.
It is a logical place to begin the next chapter.

Also, there needs to be a clean break between chapters to get the game download size back down to a manageable size.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
It will be larger than the last.

It will be the conclusion of the First Chapter, but the Story will continue on in Chapter two.
The Rouges will be faced with organizational changes and MC will reach a milestone at the end of Chapter one.
It is a logical place to begin the next chapter.

Also, there needs to be a clean break between chapters to get the game download size back down to a manageable size.
thanks man
i was curious about it so could gauge a possible development time (which i now guess at 4-6 months for 10.1 part 3)

i remember some things you mention earlier so already kinda guessed it'd be the same or more then last few updates
hope you did manage to figure out how to carry save files over or reached out to someone whit eperience(and they agreed to help to) as you mentioned before that might be a project for you

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes there is a an ending if you play this game however i think no one here is into that ending i have a death wish i am so going on someones wife or daughter they are both too good to pass up and one day later you died since that one can really throw knifes.
1 rogue asked mc to take care of his wife while he's in jail, did that include having sex with her is unknown.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
dude keep up i was talking about her, unless you do not like her, if i get the choice to get the guy out of jail i would do it for Candy if i do not Candy is mine it is that simple.

the one in the spoiler is the death wish, also i blame the developer for making her so nice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
dude keep up i was talking about her, unless you do not like her, if i get the choice to get the guy out of jail i would do it for Candy if i do not Candy is mine it is that simple.

the one in the spoiler is the death wish, also i blame the developer for making her so nice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Haven't you heard? Dima said we'd share Mara with Sluggo!

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
1 rogue asked mc to take care of his wife while he's in jail, did that include having sex with her is unknown.
I mean, Jay did tell the MC to step up to the plate and take care of his ol' lady, anything she needs and she also brought the subject over to Dee, asking if it was really alright to do that while her husband is in jail, so yeah, figuratively speaking, you can only deduct that this was said/written in the letter Candi read.

But we weren't talking about Candi, we were talking about Marah... Sluggo's wife, and he ain't in jail, which is why it's the death wish we're referring to.

Last edited:

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
i do not hear i play and see so until i see it i am not going to believe it, such is my nature.

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes