Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Forget I said anything about animation. The story, hot babes, and bad-ass Alpha good guys dominate any very minor concerns I have. I'm up to chapter 5 and I am used to the animation style of this masterpiece game.

Also, I have to stop picking EVERY girl to keep but I can't since I don't want to miss out on any of the awesome story.

Keep up the great work man!
Oh, you are still on the early episodes. I agree the early animations were clunky. Hopefully when you get to episode 10, you'll see that they have vastly improved.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Spent the past week proofreading the story, fixing little issues with locational dialogue/dialect that didn't fit right, and the story even without images still invokes heart-wrenching feelings. You've done an amazing job with it Dimitri57

I made sure not to change any lines that had a certain tone set to them, such as Reba's "like' messages since that was the tone of the character. I'm 99.5% happy with the results of my work, there's always more to be done, but I enjoyed doing it.

The hardest part was I could only do it in chunks of 500 lines at a time, which in some updates with over 10K lines, took a while :ROFLMAO:
Are you playing the latest Episode 10.2 Hotfix? :unsure:

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
Are you playing the latest Episode 10.2 Hotfix? :unsure:

Mega
I used the files from the 10.2 hotfix for my proofreading, there was still some wording that needed adjusting, like the use of the word you when it should have been yours etc,... I've fixed those and used a USA English grammar checker to run over the whole lot and change only what made sense to change, I wanted to further enhance the story, not destroy it by changing it from your original vision, if you wish to peruse my alterations, I'd happily share the changed files with you

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I used the files from the 10.2 hotfix for my proofreading, there was still some wording that needed adjusting, like the use of the word you when it should have been yours etc,... I've fixed those and used a USA English grammar checker to run over the whole lot and change only what made sense to change, I wanted to further enhance the story, not destroy it by changing it from your original vision, if you wish to peruse my alterations, I'd happily share the changed files with you
What format are they in?

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
The same format they were in when I downloaded them, I just copied the lines over and ran them through a checker, then after I was done, copied them back into the .rpy file and saved when it was all done, I may have missed a few minor points here and there, but I put that down to me trying to get them done in a timely manner.

If you're happy with the changes, assuming you can spot them, as I've just gone looking through a couple of rpy files and I can't even spot some changes I've made :LOL:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
The same format they were in when I downloaded them, I just copied the lines over and ran them through a checker, then after I was done, copied them back into the .rpy file and saved when it was all done, I may have missed a few minor points here and there, but I put that down to me trying to get them done in a timely manner.

If you're happy with the changes, assuming you can spot them, as I've just gone looking through a couple of rpy files and I can't even spot some changes I've made :LOL:
Thanks, but I'll pass not knowing what was changed. I use a lot of slang, colloquialisms, common speak and localisms. People don't speak perfect grammar in conversations. If the dialog it is too sanitized, it comes off robotic.

Reactions: A.M.R. and PapaPhat

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
That's fine, the primary change was done for me since I would always spot the occasions of "you" where "your" should be and vice versa, it would irk me lol. I'm just a unique person. Either way, I truly love the game and the fact that the story even evokes emotions without visuals, truly tells the reader of your skills as a story writer.

Reactions: Dimitri57

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Tried doing that myself. It never works out. The spacing in Ren'Py code is lethally crucial. The game will not even start if you mess up even one line's spacing. And, Dima is right...
Thanks, but I'll pass not knowing what was changed. I use a lot of slang, colloquialisms, common speak and localisms. People don't speak perfect grammar in conversations. If the dialog it is too sanitized, it comes off robotic.
He's picky about what he will and won't change... even when he is dead wrong, y'all. Yawlz in Dima land is the perfect example. Y'all's or Yall's would be closer to actual colloquial English but Dima insists on typing it out incorrectly. There are a few other places where we butted heads like a couple of old goats when I submitted four chapters worth of edits for Dima's first dialogue grammar fix.

Not saying that you don't know what you are doing, my friend. Just saying that Dima is tough to please and does things his own way. Right or wrong, I love him like a brother. So, I put up with some weirdness. I'm fucking weird too!
Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)
Screenshot 2023-09-03 132836.png

• Haha

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
That's fine, the primary change was done for me since I would always spot the occasions of "you" where "your" should be and vice versa, it would irk me lol. I'm just a unique person. Either way, I truly love the game and the fact that the story even evokes emotions without visuals, truly tells the reader of your skills as a story writer.
I'm glad you are enjoying it. (y)

It's tricky using a grammar program on the rpy files where the text is embedded in the RenPy coding. I know I've fucked up the coding when I run the script through spelling/grammar check programs.

I want to fix my fuckups, but it's too risky for me to plug in ryp files back in that I don't know what's been changed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm glad you are enjoying it. (y)

It's tricky using a grammar program on the rpy files where the text is embedded in the RenPy coding. I know I've fucked up the coding when I run the script through spelling/grammar check programs.

I want to fix my fuckups, but it's too risky for me to plug in ryp files back in that I don't know what's been changed.
You can export the Ren'Py into a format that has spell check/grammar edit functionality but you cannot just edit the text then copy/paste the whole thing back into Ren'Py. Each edited dialogue line must be copy/pasted back into the .rpy files one at a time and ensure that NO spacing is changed! The latter part is the tricky bitch. :eek:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Look at you fecker's getting all geeky about proper English and shit. I wouldn't how to change shit. Hell it took me a week and 5 different videos to just install script extenders so I could use mods for Skyrim and Fallout.

• Haha

Timodjin

Jan 18, 2022
Sorry for being anoying but the urination, is that worth playing for?
Is it a theme or just somebody taking a leak?

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes