Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Weird aside, this is set in SoCal a bit outside L.A., right? Other than that one idiot of the trio playing at RL GTA (good joke dev), are there black people? There's at least 4 Latinos by my count, but just that one idiot, and from Asia, just Rin.

I know gangs often get carved up along racial lines, but just wanted to check if other people noticed the absence.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well there is also the addition that Bob and Barb are most likely responsible for it all in the end ,so the whole ring ruse might be a catalyst for that truth coming to light

Last edited:

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
well there is also the addition that Bob and Bard are most likely responsible for it all in the end ,so the whole ring ruse might be a catalyst for that truth coming to light
Oh, BARB. Autocorrect had me confused for a min there.

The in-game hope would be that Barb ends up confessing without blowing up Stan and Dee's 'proof,' but that's just leaving a big juicy, meaty slice of conflict on the table. So I can't really imagine any writer worth their salt not having Angelica find out about the ruse in some shape or form.

But yes, I think the ring being planted is likely going to lead to Barb confessing and getting both her and Bob killed (with Willie and the rest of the Minions following quickly after).

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Oh, BARB. Autocorrect had me confused for a min there.

The in-game hope would be that Barb ends up confessing without blowing up Stan and Dee's 'proof,' but that's just leaving a big juicy, meaty slice of conflict on the table. So I can't really imagine any writer worth their salt not having Angelica find out about the ruse in some shape or form.

But yes, I think the ring being planted is likely going to lead to Barb confessing and getting both her and Bob killed (with Willie and the rest of the Minions following quickly after).
yeah the bard is a typo ill edit it
i came the check the thread because i'm feeling a update coming around soon OBD doesn't seem to have public deadlines or early mentioned release dates
so im pretty sure we'll have some answers soon enough

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
yeah the bard is a typo ill edit it
i came the check the thread because i'm feeling a update coming around soon OBD doesn't seem to have public deadlines or early mentioned release dates
so im pretty sure we'll have some answers soon enough
To be fair, Bard would be at least as good a biker name as Thor or Quack. I was wondering if I missed a Minion (btw, great name choice guys, that's a proud name, like Goon or Mook).

I just caught up, that's why I'm hear. Well, first caught up on the game, then read the last ~50 pages to see what folk had talked about. (haven't finished AL or LoF so the last few pages were barely scanned, not read. I get they've probably passed the time limit for spoilers, but that was 3-4 pages of minefields)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
As my sainted mother used to say: "Get the %$#@!! out of the kitchen, it'll be ready when it's ready!" :p
Yeah... we get the update when we get the fucking update! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Seriously though... Dima is smart enough to know better than promise delivery dates before everything is ready to play. I'm thinking we'll be playing the final update for act one before the end of the year. But, that is just my best guess-timate as a fan of the game.

Adventure ever on friends, Phat:cool:(y)

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
Yeah... we get the update when we get the fucking update! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Seriously though... Dima is smart enough to know better than promise delivery dates before everything is ready to play. I'm thinking we'll be playing the final update for act one before the end of the year. But, that is just my best guess-timate as a fan of the game.

Adventure ever on friends, Phat:cool:(y)
i Agree with you my friend (y)

Dima even "teased" about the end of the year release Goal so lets hope he get it done until then ;)

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Personally I been thinking about the ring bit more and more and I'm almost sure.
That the MC doesn't suspect the ring being found is hinkie he knows it is.
He was there when depending on choice either he or Kat killed Quack.
And i'm pretty sure he would of noticed a ring like that.
It would of been set in stone for him the moment Agelica said ("paraphrased") "he loved that ring the only way anyone else could of got it is off his cold dead hand".

So the MC might think to himself if for the sake of argument if he hadn't known Quack was wearing the ring the night Quack decided to take a dirt nap.

If it had been lost years before then why would quack have just left it there?.
Surly Quack would of torn that place apart looking for it untill he evenchally found it?.
But MC aint stupid.
So he hinted to Stan as much then watched Stan's reaction after which he decided it wasn't worth questioning the motives of his Boss.

Plus lets face it all Indications for the story of how they were found are it was probably the Minions that killed them anyway.
And the MC would of put that together himself already.

He may think they might of actually planned to kill them both as Suggested/Hinted.
Or maybe like me given the shear veniom in Barb's feeling's and reaction to Della.
Think that theres a possibility they were only sent to kill Della's son and then to drag her daughter back with them.
But the would be hit went horribly wrong either way its a good bet it was them.

Of corse only one person knows that OBD
But thats just my opion and I'm quite often wrong anyway.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Personally I been thinking about the ring bit more and more and I'm almost sure.
That the MC doesn't suspect the ring being found is hinkie he knows it is.
He was there when depending on choice either he or Kat killed Quack.
And i'm pretty sure he would of noticed a ring like that.
It would of been set in stone for him the moment Agelica said ("paraphrased") "he loved that ring the only way anyone else could of got it is off his cold dead hand".

So the MC might think to himself if for the sake of argument if he hadn't known Quack was wearing the ring the night Quack decided to take a dirt nap.

If it had been lost years before then why would quack have just left it there?.
Surly Quack would of torn that place apart looking for it untill he evenchally found it?.
But MC aint stupid.
So he hinted to Stan as much then watched Stan's reaction after which he decided it wasn't worth questioning the motives of his Boss.

Plus lets face it all Indications for the story of how they were found are it was probably the Minions that killed them anyway.
And the MC would of put that together himself already.

He may think they might of actually planned to kill them both as Suggested/Hinted.
Or maybe like me given the shear veniom in Barb's feeling's and reaction to Della.
Think that theres a possibility they were only sent to kill Della's son and then to drag her daughter back with them.
But the would be hit went horribly wrong either way its a good bet it was them.

Of corse only one person knows that OBD
But thats just my opion and I'm quite often wrong anyway.
Great deductions. The only thing I would add... My version of Ryker not only suspects/knows but approves. Ryker was and is a war fighter. Bob, Barb and the Minions are the enemy. Period. Heh You've heard, "All's fair in love and war"? Heh Understatement of the millenium. A feud like the one between the Rogues and the Minions is a no mercy, no holds barred street fight. Ryker knew what he was getting into when he decided to join the Rogues and that meant he was all in.

Hehe Just my opinion, of course, and I admit; I always said George Jr. fucked up when he couldn't find any WMD's. He shoulda brought some along just in case... Jus' Sayin' :cool:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Came looking for an update, no update, makes sad noises, goes back to playing the sad excuse of a RPG Starfield.
Oh, man... It's a bust? I haven't really looked at it since it's release but had been thinking of getting it... Not recommended?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Haha... Hey! I still play Skyrim from time to time... heavily modded. So... actually, no other version exactly like mine in the whole world. :p Fallout 4 as well but I mostly just like building settlements... and humpin' Kate and Piper... my own version as well... (y) I think I've got a half dozen kids by each of them... Jus' Sayin' :cool:

Reactions: PapaPhat

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well whit steam sales going right now you can get a deal on something else, if rpg shooter games are your thing i'd suggest mass effect or horizon zero dawn right now

for the gaming scene its mainly been a more successful year for strategy & city building games

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
well whit steam sales going right now you can get a deal on something else, if rpg shooter games are your thing i'd suggest mass effect or horizon zero dawn right now

for the gaming scene its mainly been a more successful year for strategy & city building games
Yeah... I have all three Mass Effect games... Best interactive story ever told IMHO. I like the rpg aspect the shooter stuff is ok but mostly meh... haven't looked at the other one yet so, thanks for the heads up. I think I might be getting one of the strategy & building games from my kids for Xmas.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Yeah... I have all three Mass Effect games... Best interactive story ever told IMHO. I like the rpg aspect the shooter stuff is ok but mostly meh... haven't looked at the other one yet so, thanks for the heads up. I think I might be getting one of the strategy & building games from my kids for Xmas.
for kids i'd recommend slime rancher(slime rancher 2 is in early access i'd wait for next year whit that one) or my time at sandrock
if they're a bit older factorio & satisfactory for a young man are good choices
theirs also Knights of honor 2 for a grand strategy recommendation
Songs of conquest for turn based
for a cheap deal worth its salt go for frostpunk its a great game and i'm sure frostpunk 2 will take next year by storm(pun intended) the preview's are looking great
Ixion would be a more niche choice but still a great choice and it has a great soundtrack imo
Beyond all reason is a decent free to play rts if anyone has to much time to waste like me hehehe

Reactions: motseer
4.40 star(s) 124 Votes