Death3248

Nov 30, 2023
As somebody who likes stats and sandbox and all that himself - if done well it can add a more rounded feeling of progression and accomplishment in my eyes - uhm, no. Plain "no". By which I mean to say "Nope, not a good idea".

LRH was started as an AVN roughly 4 years ago which means the whole story, the whole progression, everything that is done here was made on that basis. You cannot just slap a new mechanic onto this, even if we all agreed that 'boxes would be more enjoyable, because it would basically mean the whole things need to restart. I mean, many story scenes could stay as themselves, but it would require a complete rethink of when or how those will be reached. It is not only adding the filler stuff, it is placing it, making a workable storyline if stats aren't met, account for different stats being reached at different levels, or similar. Unless you do it all linearily (Want to do X - do Y times of Z training now), in which case however it would not change the character of the game and just add the dreaded "needless filler".

"Stats and training" may be a good idea for other games, and it might have been a good idea for this ages ago - that can at least be debatable - but that ship has sailed, reached india, came back with tea, has been repurposed for coast guard services and later as a ferry so long ago, it is even debatable it is the same ship anymore.

Adding a completely new mechanic or idea to this now is just like going to some random non-incest game and suddenly asking to add a sister (never previously mentioned) because sisters are hot, or suddenly add BDSM to a vanilla game - it would be completely out of context, deter all but a very few even of those who like that content in general because here, for once, it just doesn't make sense.

Think of all the stories we hear from video games, movies, etc. where some exec suddenly got the idea "now X is popular, we must insert it into our game Y", even if "X" is a cover shooter mechanic and "Y" a pinball game, making really bad games. This idea with stats is just that. Except that sandboxes aren't even that much of a box office hit to begin with.
Ok I understand this a bit better now but I was answering some of the past posts and I saw a odb post that mentioned training to be in or part of the 1% motorcycle club. I mean you play a mc that is spec op or merc that goes to jail because a mission went FUBAR. Uncle sam trained the mc to be a badass .So I thought I would ask about adding other stats or skills that could managed? so that when the bikers war starts the mc is a bit more ready for it....
I am like you I don't mind grind but it needs to look and feel just right... I think I have played games before that had something in it that to me didn't look or feel right..

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Ok I understand this a bit better now but I was answering some of the past posts and I saw a odb post that mentioned training to be in or part of the 1% motorcycle club. I mean you play a mc that is spec op or merc that goes to jail because a mission went FUBAR. Uncle sam trained the mc to be a badass .So I thought I would ask about adding other stats or skills that could managed? so that when the bikers war starts the mc is a bit more ready for it....
I am like you I don't mind grind but it needs to look and feel just right... I think I have played games before that had something in it that to me didn't look or feel right..
With all due respect, I usually respect the opinions of others, but going through all your posts just gave me a headache. So let me be the asshole that sums it all up for you
IMG_0440.jpeg IMG_0441.jpeg

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
If you want stats or skills that badly, just use that marvelous, and amazing thing that millennia of evolution has given you called a "brain." Then use that brain to conjure up yet another wonderful thing that humans tend to do called your "imagination."

AKA, use your imagination and as you play the game you are gaining stats and skills which you put into your imaginary stats and skill trees.

Because what you're mentioning isn't a "few hours" or "few days" of extra stuff that the dev has to do. You're talking at minimum months extra time, because he would have to add alternate scenarios, more rendering for those scenarios, the coding for adding unnecessary stat and skill trees, etc.

It's not gonna happen, man. It's a great AVN, even if it doesn't hit all your boxes perfectly (for me, it's a little too much girl/girl stuff, but I use that imagination of mine to mentally change the scene to where it's MC/girl). Just buck up and enjoy the ride.

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
[/QUOTE
A sandbox would kill this game theres no need for sandbox elements

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
I would like to see a story part where Sluggo trains Ryker for the upcoming war between the Rogue and the Minions.
In reality it is a not very subtle reminder for the Ryker what Sluggo can - and would do - if he fucks up with Liza.
He should call him walter so he will go all out during training

• Yay, new update!
  • Haha
Reactions: Dimitri57 and c3p0

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I would like to see a story part where Sluggo trains Ryker for the upcoming war between the Rogue and the Minions.
In reality it is a not very subtle reminder for the Ryker what Sluggo can - and would do - if he fucks up with Liza.
I like that idea, however given Ryker's military background and how he already demonstrated his combat skills on his first visit to the Fox Box I can't see how there's much for Sluggo to teach him. Aside treading carefully with his daughter, of course.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I like that idea, however given Ryker's military background and how he already demonstrated his combat skills on his first visit to the Fox Box I can't see how there's much for Sluggo to teach him. Aside treading carefully with his daughter, of course.
Knife work. Sluggo is highly skilled with - and is, if course, just a ruse, for "Don't you ever fuck up with my daughter".
Also as a prospect, he don't really have an option to say no to the club enforcer? :p

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Knife work. Sluggo is highly skilled with - and is, if course, just a ruse, for "Don't you ever fuck up with my daughter".
Also a prospect, he don't really have an option to say no to the club enforcer? :p
I can work with that scenario. (y)

Sluggo put MC on notice that they would have a long talk before MC takes Leelee out. That could take place in conjunction with some edged weapons practice.

MC has been trained on various forms of hand-to-hand combat in the past. After the bar fight with Rip and Johnnie he alluded that he trained with the IDF as well. (Krav Maga)

divingmedic

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2023
I can work with that scenario. (y)

Sluggo put MC on notice that they would have a long talk before MC takes Leelee out. That could take place in conjunction with some edged weapons practice.

MC has been trained on various forms of hand-to-hand combat in the past. After the bar fight with Rip and Johnnie he alluded that he trained with the IDF as well. (Krav Maga)
So the MC is basically what we used to call a Secret Squirrel.

4.40 star(s) 128 Votes