Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I've been thinking, Dima. (I've been exercising the ol' brain box more so, currently, there is only mild discomfort involved.) Did you know that damn near every VN that interests me involves an antagonistic prick in the main plot or a sub-plot? Almost without exception these stories force me to endure those assholes, let the "authorities" handle it, or shove a redemption arc up my ass. Thank the Almighty that is not the case here.

You may ask why I bring this up now and I may answer; Dima, I don't mean to put undue pressure on you but, I'm beginning to realize how important it is to my mental health that you pick up the slack for all these spineless wonder devs. In fact, I'm beginning to think you may need to up the death, destruction and general mayhem a bit as we bring this chapter to a close. God knows those sadistic fuckin' Minions deserve it and we, your faithful fan base, need it!

Jus' Sayin':cool:
I hear ya Mot. Have you ever seen "Dusk til Dawn"? ;) It will be just like that! (y)

Except no Vampires... :p

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
But, if you wear all black gear, then you are absolutely invisible in a lot of circumstances. It doesn't help that a lot of motorcycle gear comes in all black, which looks great and I love it, but it's less safe.
I once read that bikers wearing Hawaiian shirts riding pipes so short that they spit fire, never get hit...Works better than a Honda Rider riding a silent bike wearing neon visibility vests.
I will tell you now that any motorist can hear me 3 block away and better watch for me cause if he cuts me off, I will catch up to him at a light pretty quickly and he better not have his window down...

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
I've never had an accident, but I've also never been comfortable in a car. Maybe it's a spatial awareness thing, but I never feel good about judging exactly where my far side is. I've said my entire life that given the option I'd ride a horse everywhere, as I'm much more comfortable there, but unless I plan on joining an Amish community I don't think that's gonna track. To that end, I've been seriously considering a motorcycle as I don't see how it's possible to not be acutely aware of where you are on the roadway while riding; next best thing to a horse. Of course, full gear is a requirement, at all times, and some classes wouldn't hurt.

I'll be taking Scooter_Tramp's recommendations under advisement, but I was never really drawn to sport bikes or cafe racers anyhow. Crotch rockets or super low handlebars just looks like it would be incredibly uncomfortable for a long ride, and why buy a means of transportation that you can't take on the highway to go a ways?
Got a funny story for you, in 1987 me and my best friend and our ol' lady's went on a trip from southern Ontario (I'm Canadian eh...) we went to Pennsylvania specifically Amish Country cause I wanted one of their hats. (seriously Stevie Ray Vaughn hat, just add leather strap & conchos!) We were riding Triumph choppers (rigid & raked out to the max) We pulled into a random yard and the family immediately hid their children while the elder came out to meet us. I explained to him that we were Canadian and on holiday and that I wanted one of their hats, he said that if I could help him then he would help me and that he had a major problem with gophers in his pasture and his cows were breaking their leg in the holes, me being ex-military I accepted the challenge. After 8 confirmed kills, the women came out of hiding and taught our ol' lady's how to quilt. The next day the farm owner vouched for me at the tack store and I got my hat! We then went to Boston & NYC but those are crazy stories for another day...

Last edited:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Got a funny story for you, in 1987 me and my best friend and our ol' lady's went on a trip from southern Ontario (I'm Canadian eh...) we went to Pennsylvania specifically Amish Country cause I wanted one of their hats. (seriously Stevie Ray Vaughn hat, just add leather strap & conchos!) We were riding Triumph choppers (rigid & raked out to the max) We pulled into a random yard and the family immediately hid their children while the elder came out to meet us. I explained to him that we were Canadian and on holiday and that I wanted one of their hats, he said that if I could help him then he would help me and that he had a major problem with gophers in his pasture and me being ex-military I accepted the challenge. After 8 confirmed kills, the women came out of hiding and taught our ol' lady's how to quilt. The next day the farm owner vouched for me at the tack store and I got my hat! We then went to Boston & NYC but those are crazy stories for another day...
Nice! Have a branch of my family on my dad's side that are Mennonites an spent a weekend hanging with them and some Amish folks in the mid 70's. Now that I am older I could kinda go for the Amish lifestyle. Except I couldn't play these games.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Nice! Have a branch of my family on my dad's side that are Mennonites an spent a weekend hanging with them and some Amish folks in the mid 70's. Now that I am older I could kinda go for the Amish lifestyle. Except I couldn't play these games.
I'm too big a perv to join them, but I admire them. They are self-sufficient, and they know the value of hard work. (y)

They already live off the grid. If we ever suffer an EMP attack or catastrophic breakdown of our power grid, it will be just another day for them.

The folks that only know how to feed themselves by calling doordash or uber eats will be fucked. :p

Plus, the Amish have cool videos... :ROFLMAO:

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I'm too big a perv to join them, but I admire them. They are self-sufficient, and they know the value of hard work. (y)

They already live off the grid. If we ever suffer an EMP attack or catastrophic breakdown of our power grid, it will be just another day for them.

The folks that only know how to feed themselves by calling doordash or uber eats will be fucked. :p

Plus, the Amish have cool videos... :ROFLMAO:
So true the Amish will have to teach us how to live again. I love that song! I just heard it this morning.

Reactions: Dimitri57

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022
Got a funny story for you, in 1987 me and my best friend and our ol' lady's went on a trip from southern Ontario (I'm Canadian eh...) we went to Pennsylvania specifically Amish Country cause I wanted one of their hats. (seriously Stevie Ray Vaughn hat, just add leather strap & conchos!) We were riding Triumph choppers (rigid & raked out to the max) We pulled into a random yard and the family immediately hid their children while the elder came out to meet us. I explained to him that we were Canadian and on holiday and that I wanted one of their hats, he said that if I could help him then he would help me and that he had a major problem with gophers in his pasture and me being ex-military I accepted the challenge. After 8 confirmed kills, the women came out of hiding and taught our ol' lady's how to quilt. The next day the farm owner vouched for me at the tack store and I got my hat! We then went to Boston & NYC but those are crazy stories for another day...
That's a pretty cool story.

I'm sure we do have Amish communities around, but in the city I see Mennonites fairly often at the store. When I see them loading up their carts with trash I automatically think "Oh how the mighty have fallen", but then maybe, just maybe, they're getting stuff for a bake sale or something. Gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. They do tend to notice me, maybe because of the super long beard, and we give each other a nod of approval every time. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes