Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Outstanding update. Keep up the good work.

couple misidentifies items:
View attachment 1724840
Should read Stan, not the MC.
View attachment 1724842
I think it is Jessy's line, not Racheal's.
View attachment 1724850
Your Thought, MC would not say this.
View attachment 1724851
And this one is not misidentified, but I love the dog looking at Katy in shock with was Katy has just said. :cool:
Good catches! Thanks. The one at the beach is correct. Jessy has her back to MC and Rachael, she can't see what is dripping out.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
It's kind of a shame that a significant choice like that had a giant "no consequences" flag. Took some of the bite out of it. Given how almost all choices in a VN typically turn out inconsequential, Biowarian-style "illusion of choice", I would have liked to have seen some sort of long-term consequence come of that choice - whichever option the player chose. But I understand the impact that multiple plotlines like that can cause for solo devs and why they shy away from it.
I'm doing the final de-bug on an EZ-Mode switch for the game. It will enable the player to toggle on/off the in-game walkthrough, scene skipping menus and the immersion breaking dev comments.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte
Aug 2, 2021
Love this VN title! Great story/plot with well rendered characters and smooth animations. I'm really enjoying this one and looking forward to seeing it through to the end :cool: (y)

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
It's funny how this game gets me hooked every time i play it. The first time i discovered the game i felt like maybe this isn't really my type of setting or story i would enjoy but by the end of it i found myself just wanting more, this was back at v0.4 and haven't played since. When i saw it on the latest update page a couple of days ago again i was like am i really in the mood for this right now? Many hours of playtime later and again i find myself completely engrossed by the story and the characters and can't wait to get back to it after this short break to write down some of my thoughts and hopefully constructive criticism. Because i do think there are things that could use some improvement even though in general the game is already really great.

The obvious first thing would be the lack of a soundtrack, not the end of the world for me cause i usually just put on a playlist of my own in those cases but still it's something that would definitely take the game to the next level of quality. Some rock/metal/country music would fit nicely with this one i feel.

As for things that could use some work, one of the first things that comes to mind for me is the lighting in certain scenes. Or i should say the difference in lighting in the same scene even though nothing has changed to cause a difference in lighting just characters taking a different pose like here with Ashley in the club. It's something that happens often enough throughout the game to become noticable and a bit distracting when it happens.

Lastly, and this is the only one that really bothers me as the first two points are easily overlooked in the grand scheme of things, would be some of the dialogue not being adjusted to choices that were made. This became really apparant after i didn't go for Juanita as a LI, since i didn't have sex with her i also didn't get the scene where she makes you a deal for the penthouse suite but all off a sudden we have an appointment to go see it with her cause she's made a "swinging deal if you let her swing your deal". I had to go back and change my choices just to see what they were talking about, this continues with more remarks from the MC, Jessy and Maria all suggesting that i had fooled around with her while it never happened. Maria stating that i had already seen her (Juanita) naked and the MC wondering how she knew that when u are cleaning the hot tub is just one example. In the end i found myself going back and taking on Juanita as a LI as well just to have the dialogue match up with what actually happened even though i'm not really interested in her. Like i said this is the only thing that actually bothers cause what is the point of choices if they don't have any impact or aren't reflected in the dialogue?

That being said i still love this game. The characters, story and just the general writing style easily rank it among my favorites. Keep up the good work OBDGames and can't wait to see where this story takes us (y)
I'm glad you are enjoying the game thus far. I also appreciate your comments and places where I can improve it. What you have noticed with the mismatch of choices and conversations was due to having poor coding skills at that time of the project. I started this project using affinity points to trigger different dialogs given the choice that was made. It works, but it is prone to errors. Just like learning to produce better renders, I have improved my coding skills also. Now I am using flags to make the dialog match the choice made. (If I don't screw it up when I write the script...) I plan to do a remaster of the early images and clean up the coding once chapter one is complete.

Sigh, scene lighting. It is one of the tougher things for me to master, but so important to be able to produce good renders. Where I get bit sometimes is when I reboot my computer between renders. Daz is a memory hog and does a poor job of releasing memory when you change scenes. Your render times get slower and slower until Daz just hangs up when you run out of memory. The quick fix is to restart Daz or boot your computer to force it to clear the memory. Sometimes when you do that, the lighting or NPC posing is slightly different when you reload the scene. Crap like that drives me crazy, but I know to look for it now. Hopefully, you've noticed that you see less of that in the last few episodes. The Fox Box is probably one of the harder environments to do good renders in because it is so big and has so many light sources in it. *Spoiler* It might be getting a remodel in the future...
Take care and be safe.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
The quick fix is to restart Daz or boot your computer to force it to clear the memory. Sometimes when you do that, the lighting or NPC posing is slightly different when you reload the scene.
I've never used Daz, but does it not have an option to save out the lighting solution? This is a standard feature in most 3D packages specifically to prevent the problem you describe (and to enable distributed rendering, i.e. render farms).

Reactions: VicelloBalthazar

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I've never used Daz, but does it not have an option to save out the lighting solution? This is a standard feature in most 3D packages specifically to prevent the problem you describe (and to enable distributed rendering, i.e. render farms).
It does if I close everything down properly. If it is frozen and I do a hard re-boot it's a crap shoot.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I'm gonna disagree with some people here, please do not make those chokers perma.

It's fine for a one off but they do look ridiculous if kept on all the time.
If you noticed, Jessy has a spiked collar on also. The girls wanted to be dolled up for the party. The chokers, party dresses, stockings and spiked heels aren't daily attire. I wanted them to look strikingly different for the party compared to their normal cut off shorts and halter tops.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If you noticed, Jessy has a spiked collar on also. The girls wanted to be dolled up for the party. The chokers, party dresses, stockings and spiked heels aren't daily attire. I wanted them to look strikingly different for the party compared to their normal cut off shorts and halter tops.
Spiked collars are fine, I have no issue with those.

It's just those that say things on them like "slut" or "owned" and things like that. I wear normal chokers, they aren't a problem.

My post was really just to counter those wanting them made perma. I know some people like that shit just want it out there than not all of us do.

Aug 2, 2021
Personally, I liked the chokers yet agree that they are not daily attire. One suggestion that I would like to make is the servers at the Fox Box NEED NEW UNIFORMS... desperately! The current pink plaid with the high waist band is not retro, it's just ugly. It doesn't flatter the girls and even makes the hottest of them look frumpy and boring. Maybe something more like a Vampirella outfit with fox ears and tail or a fox themed take on the Playboy bunny outfit??? Either (hell, just about anything) would look better. Even hip hugger jeans and a Fox Box cutoff t-shirt would look way better. Also, the dancers would wear heels at work but the servers and bartenders would wear sneakers aka athletic shoes. No one that stands on their feet all day wears heels. The only exceptions might be exotic dancers and fashion models.
Something more like these idea image...
Vampirella... 1648407514552.png
Playboy... 1648407567956.png
Live long and prosper, Vin :alien: (y)
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Personally, I liked the chokers yet agree that they are not daily attire. One suggestion that I would like to make is the servers at the Fox Box NEED NEW UNIFORMS... desperately! The current pink plaid with the high waist band is not retro, it's just ugly. It doesn't flatter the girls and even makes the hottest of them look frumpy and boring. Maybe something more like a Vampirella outfit with fox ears and tail or a fox themed take on the Playboy bunny outfit??? Either (hell, just about anything) would look better. Even hip hugger jeans and a Fox Box cutoff t-shirt would look way better. Also, the dancers would wear heels at work but the servers and bartenders would wear sneakers aka athletic shoes. No one that stands on their feet all day wears heels. The only exceptions might be exotic dancers and fashion models.
Something more like these idea image...
Vampirella... View attachment 1725794
Playboy... View attachment 1725795
Live long and prosper, Vin :alien: (y)
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! :love::love::love::love::love:
Nanu Nanu,
I'm glad you like it. Vin.

Mind reading must be one of your powers...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 2, 2021
Nanu Nanu,
I'm glad you like it. Vin.

Mind reading must be one of your powers...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That was just me thinking out loud. Anything is better than that lame pink plaid with 1940's bikini bottom. I've always preferred hip hugging pants and skirts for girls. And, yes, I love the game. I get sick and tired of all the college kids, amnesia plots and a dozen other done to f***ing death story lines. This one is unique, different, sexy and a bit kinky. Love it! :love: (y)
Fly, be free!

Live long and prosper friend, Vin:alien:(y)

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
If only there was a character in the game that had prior experience running a strip club.

If only there was a mature woman the girls could look up to that had the knowledge of all sides of the business.
Look at you being so humble. You were the first one to pick up on that about four episodes back. :sneaky:

I just wonder if you have picked up on the next shoe drop moment... :unsure:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If only there was a character in the game that had prior experience running a strip club.

If only there was a mature woman the girls could look up to that had the knowledge of all sides of the business.
Look at you being so humble. You were the first one to pick up on that about four episodes back. :sneaky:

I just wonder if you have picked up on the next shoe drop moment... :unsure:
If only there were a smart person who would remember this and help out those who seem to have forgotten or ignored that.

4.40 star(s) 125 Votes