Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I'm wondering why you're not allowing naming of the MC in this game?
Would it not have been a thing to name the MC from LoI and also name the MC here?

As it is, I don't get much of a sense of actually playing as the MC, particularly because you actually also play from the other MC's perspective starting from that interview and that MC has a name the reader picked while the "real" MC just has some generic name that no one gives a shit about.
Its very disjointed.
It feels like this is actually written as a multiple protag VN but not being "sold" as such because multi protag is actually reasonably unpopular.

For me, when I'm playing through a VN as the MC I'd rather not be playing from multiple character's perspectives but rather see it from the MCs eyes, so to speak.
I would rather have seen the antagonist's interview on a TV or something while watching as the MC.
Seeing it from the antagonist's perspective didn't really make any sense, how would our MC know any of what went on behind the scenes?

Does what I'm saying make sense?
In a way, you're making sense. Let me show you what I think.
You'll get a better sense of that as you get to make more choices while playing as Luke. Well, even Lord of Imagination almost consistently had you seeing the PoVs of other characters, doesn't mean it was a multiple protagonist game. Out of the 9 or so scenes, we play through 8 of them with Luke as our PoV and James has one scene with his PoV. So it's clear who the actual protagonist is.
Yeah, in novels it makes sense to stick to one guy's PoV but Visual Novels are, well, a visual medium. You don't need to stick to one guy's PoV. Even then, there are plenty of novels that do show you the PoV of the antagonists. Take Dune for instance, it repeatedly jumps to Baron Harkonnen's pov but that doesn't mean Harkonnen is one of the protagonist. It's obvious that Paul is the protag and Harkonnen is the antagonist.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Depends on a lot of things. I really don't want to disappoint the NTR fans given they were the people who've supported the game for the longest but practically speaking, NTR didn't make a ton of sense in that game, it doesn't make a lot of money, makes you miserable when you're writing it and attracts a lot of annoying fighting between NTR haters and non haters.

She still plays an important role. And she will have sex scenes, just not with the Loose Ends MC.

CNC is just an underutilized genre. If people play the game when it's completed and don't like it then I'd be willing to believe people on this site don't like CNC in general.
Welp, if you gotta choose your audience, do it, but I'd be sad if you split time away because of that. Either way, you pick your poison. Those loyal cucks or us irritable snowflakes D: (I hope it's understood I'm not casting aspersions)

Still think it's weird we can play through another's perspective and share sex scenes from the non-MC. And the fact that a person we were playing in your previous game is now the antagonist is another strange thing. But I guess when I play it I can praise or yell at you about how good/bad it is :p

Oh no! I hope you didn't think that I thought CNC was a bad tag/fetish, just that I wasn't familiar with the term! If it makes sense with the character, sure, go to town. Show that willing lady that she's gonna be forced to do something she wants... ? I think? Wait? I'm confused.

Reactions: Sihil

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
In a way, you're making sense. Let me show you what I think.
You'll get a better sense of that as you get to make more choices while playing as Luke. Well, even Lord of Imagination almost consistently had you seeing the PoVs of other characters, doesn't mean it was a multiple protagonist game. Out of the 9 or so scenes, we play through 8 of them with Luke as our PoV and James has one scene with his PoV. So it's clear who the actual protagonist is.
Yeah, in novels it makes sense to stick to one guy's PoV but Visual Novels are, well, a visual medium. You don't need to stick to one guy's PoV. Even then, there are plenty of novels that do show you the PoV of the antagonists. Take Dune for instance, it repeatedly jumps to Baron Harkonnen's pov but that doesn't mean Harkonnen is one of the protagonist. It's obvious that Paul is the protag and Harkonnen is the antagonist.
Not to butt in, but I think you dodged a part of his problem. Why can't we name our MC in your game? It's weird that the 1/9th valuable person in this game gets a name, but we get stuck with a generic one (no offense). I think that's a fair question :)

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Not to butt in, but I think you dodged a part of his problem. Why can't we name our MC in your game? It's weird that the 1/9th valuable person in this game gets a name, but we get stuck with a generic one (no offense). I think that's a fair question :)
I just forgot to reply to that.
So in adult games, especially if you're a man playing a male protagonist game, there are generally two types of games, the ones that provide you a good deal of opportunity for self-insertion and some that don't favor playing as a specific character. It's not a perfect dichotomy but a gradient.
Loose Ends is definitely a game that favors the second side more than the first and letting the player name the character would send the opposite message.
For instance, let's say Luke does something morally gray that the player would never do. This would be the case in some instances because he basically almost a psychopath but the audience understands that you're not really supposed to self-insert as Luke if you don't want to until he gets better if you've chosen the good path.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
just read comments that cant change MC name.

i mean i've played blackheart hotel and that shit goes hard. but it still had a name change option. that doesn't mean i'm trying to self insert toa psychopath...sometimes you just like to choose a better name.:LOL:

now that i think about it when i see "Luke" i somehow get Luke Wilson and now im afraid i'll start reading it his voice:whistle:

anyways how long does this game intend to go for? just curious cause i'm more excited for LoI

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
just read comments that cant change MC name.

i mean i've played blackheart hotel and that shit goes hard. but it still had a name change option. that doesn't mean i'm trying to self insert toa psychopath...sometimes you just like to choose a better name.:LOL:

now that i think about it when i see "Luke" i somehow get Luke Wilson and now im afraid i'll start reading it his voice:whistle:

anyways how long does this game intend to go for? just curious cause i'm more excited for LoI
If enough people want it then sure, I'll add the option for changing the name.

6 chapters, 8 at most. LoI will begin in a few months. Don't ask me when exactly.

NightShades

Mar 30, 2020
That's the plan.
Thanks for keep update that game i feel lost something after that game is abandoned because that game is my favourite Now i start play "Demon Boy" that game is similar to LoI but that game update version waiting time is too long so i feel lost again

• Haha
Reactions: Justin monrow

Justin monrow

Jul 4, 2022
Thanks for keep update that game i feel lost something after that game is abandoned because that game is my favourite Now i start play "Demon Boy" that game is similar to LoI but that game update version waiting time is too long so i feel lost again
Now again before you go on and keep spamming the thread about how you want mom NTR , you might wanna read this :BootyTime:
5. No. LoI reboot probably won't have NTR either. And the NTR in LoI was avoidable.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
So he will reboot LoI Without NTR,Milf,Incest,Mind Control? :) Well It's Okay i am going to play Demon boy,The SpellBook,Raptus,The Tyrant,Dream of Desire,Big Brother,Superpowered,Area 69,Straitened Times and Thanks you for Reply (P.S. Wait Did i ask you? I talk Direct to Dev)
Oh for fuck's sake. Nowhere did I say that the LoI reboot will not have mind control, incest and milf fetishes. You spread misinformation like this and there'll be a comment three pages later asking why LoI reboot won't have mind control.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
So he will reboot LoI Without NTR,Milf,Incest,Mind Control? :) Well It's Okay i am going to play Demon boy,The SpellBook,Raptus,The Tyrant,Dream of Desire,Big Brother,Superpowered,Area 69,Straitened Times and Thanks you for Reply (P.S. Wait Did i ask you? I talk Direct to Dev)
??? Did you literally just make that up? The sentence was this:

5. No. LoI reboot probably won't have NTR either. And the NTR in LoI was avoidable.
Where does it say Milf/Incest/Mind Control? Gotta check your eyes there buddy. Also, why did you mention a bunch of games on your way out?

Here hold on, i'll do it too

See you, I gotta play Resident Evil,Starcraft,Last of Us,Peggle,Batman Arkham CityandOverwatch. (Had to add the no spaces between each title for maximum effect ;) )

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
I thought I recognised that lady... reading the dev notes made it clear... I actually don't remember most of this from LoI, it says it's set during the game but it feels like it must be way after it finished, and I'm fairly sure I played the latest release before it died... it might have just been easier to do a complete standalone thing without any of the baggage.

Hasn't quite gripped me the same so far, but it's just been a lot of setup to be fair and we've yet to get into the meat of it... I like that it looks like the MC can be ruthless... I'm hoping for lots of corruption and mind control action... mainly I'm happy about the return of the demon lady as she's basically perfect, though I doubt there's any chance of us making her into a loving little wife.
Or a loving little slave :devilish:

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I doubt you can use her power on her. Zel even warn teh MC about it. I can see a bad ending where MC uses it on her but all hell break lose/goes way wrong. But hey, having control Zel ending would be fun too
We were going to explore what would happen if you use your powers on her in episode 5 of LoI but you know how that turned out.

Reactions: Mephistofeles

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
We were going to explore what would happen if you use your powers on her in episode 5 of LoI but you know how that turned out.
True enough. Hopefully you can finish the spin off quickly then. I am more interested in LOI than this spin off tbh.
So far the interesting point of the spin off is the "sister"

Reactions: Sihil

NightShades

Mar 30, 2020
??? Did you literally just make that up? The sentence was this:

Where does it say Milf/Incest/Mind Control? Gotta check your eyes there buddy. Also, why did you mention a bunch of games on your way out?

Here hold on, i'll do it too

See you, I gotta play Resident Evil,Starcraft,Last of Us,Peggle,Batman Arkham CityandOverwatch. (Had to add the no spaces between each title for maximum effect ;) )
oh i play Resident Evil too i sometimes play RE6,Naruto ultimate 4,Assassin creed Unity So Peace Okay? Everyone in this post see me i am spamming but i just request tags from Dev hoping Dev change his mind and you guys start reply me as i am villain i feel i am nothing in this website but other website many peoples beg me to accept their friends request so they can see my upload rare videos and photos so i am not going to comment anymore in this website :censored: i hope you guys can happy in this website အိုကေနားစား (Larry2000)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Larry2000

Varxen

Jun 17, 2017
Anyway, I hope the dark path(/s) for the MC will have longer rape scenes (taking advantage of the women in different scenerios), looking forward to the updates and props to the Dev for sticking to the projects regardless :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: NightShades

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
How what turned out? If it's a spoiler fair, but if it's a kerfluffle then I want to know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NightShades