Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
At this rate of development and communication from the dev, not sure we will even get a complete game. Has he gave up or something ?
Look, sometimes life just gets in the way. If I don't post anything in a while here or on Patreon, there's no need to start worrying. More than likely I'm still working on the games and just haven't gotten around to posting updates.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Thats what we thought about but look at AOA Academy. Suddenly abandon and Patreon closed
I haven't heard about that game but it's not directly relevant to the discussion. Besides, given how many devs there are, you can find an example to back up virtually any argument.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The point is, many dev just abandon suddenly. So your statement that wont happen its hard to buy. Statistically speaking, there are more dev abandon the game than not. hence, if you dont update or communicate for long. People will assume that. You can disagree all you want, but thats the main sentiment for most people
OK, well, you've had your question answered. By two people, both involved in the project.

Move along, folks, nothing to see here!

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
"How is YOUR GODDESS going to fix the economy?" "Well I don't KNOW you condescending piece of trash, how is YOUR God going to fix with all of those TRILLIONS of dollars your fcking religion has???"

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
The point is, many dev just abandon suddenly. So your statement that wont happen its hard to buy. Statistically speaking, there are more dev abandon the game than not. hence, if you dont update or communicate for long. People will assume that. You can disagree all you want, but thats the main sentiment for most people
LOL HOW can this NOT be viewed as a MORE than valid POINT^??

These devs can come back repeatedly saying all is well nothing to SEE here, but the main caveat REMAINS< if they do not communicate for more than just BASHING questions and concerns, rather than DEALING with them in a constructive manner, AND having any OTHER base of communication for the project they STARTED?!!

I don't NEED any bullshit answer telling me to go fck off, I would need updates and obviously RESULTS!
That's how one gets SUPPORT for their creation, do these people THINK that their Patreons aren't going to go invest in PLAUSIBLE projects, rather than get SHIIT on when they voice a CONCERN?

SO on THAT note, NO it's not YOUR BAD RandonGuy99, it's THEIRS, and by the looks of this shitstorm it's specifically Richs's since that is the one I continuously see here talking down to ANY sort of comment regarding updates AND yours happened a MONTH ago.

I cannot see if you are even reading these comments RG99, since you should have left these priicks in the rearview by now, I would have moved on to MUCH better projects by now...oh wait...I just did.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
"How is YOUR GODDESS going to fix the economy?" "Well I don't KNOW you condescending piece of trash, how is YOUR God going to fix with all of those TRILLIONS of dollars your fcking religion has???"
Well, that's probably what most people who are good at debates would've said. But James, as he was in LoI was always pretty bad at debates and more importantly, he was largely very respectful of other people's beliefs.

Status Update 29-11-2022

Status Update 29-11-2022
Hey sorry for no updates, I was stuck with a bunch of work from both irl, this game and another game that I'm working on.
I hope to finish my side of the work this week then Rich will compile everything and we'll be good to go.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
LOL HOW can this NOT be viewed as a MORE than valid POINT^??

These devs can come back repeatedly saying all is well nothing to SEE here, but the main caveat REMAINS< if they do not communicate for more than just BASHING questions and concerns, rather than DEALING with them in a constructive manner, AND having any OTHER base of communication for the project they STARTED?!!

I don't NEED any bullshit answer telling me to go fck off, I would need updates and obviously RESULTS!
That's how one gets SUPPORT for their creation, do these people THINK that their Patreons aren't going to go invest in PLAUSIBLE projects, rather than get SHIIT on when they voice a CONCERN?

SO on THAT note, NO it's not YOUR BAD RandonGuy99, it's THEIRS, and by the looks of this shitstorm it's specifically Richs's since that is the one I continuously see here talking down to ANY sort of comment regarding updates AND yours happened a MONTH ago.

I cannot see if you are even reading these comments RG99, since you should have left these priicks in the rearview by now, I would have moved on to MUCH better projects by now...oh wait...I just did.
Let's clarify a few things here. Rich is not this game's developer. I am. He is an invaluable part of the team. But he doesn't speak for me.
Secondly, if you go through this thread you'll see that I've replied to most of the criticisms, constructive and otherwise. The reason why I haven't been active in the past few months is that I've had obligations in the real life that I couldn't be stepped aside.
As for the money side of the equation, hey, it's your money and your prerogative. This has always been a hobby and I'll keep doing it regardless of how much money the game makes.

Reactions: Ass Fan

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Let's clarify a few things here. Rich is not this game's developer. I am.
Absolutely correct, and I apologize if any of my posts implied anything else.

Anything I post here should be considered unofficial.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Boy, you're REALLY determined to pound this thread into the ground, aren't you?

• Haha
Reactions: MarcelPappas

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Im still waiting for the girlfriend in LOI to get corrupted. unlikely it will happen, but u can hope.

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Im still waiting for the girlfriend in LOI to get corrupted. unlikely it will happen, but u can hope.
I don't know why that game died such an ignominious death. Its level of quality was much higher than the average VN around here. It actually had a plot, interesting world-building, and meaningful choices. Loose Ends only suffers in comparison to it. But we will never see what happens there, unfortunately.

Reactions: baka

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I don't know why that game died such an ignominious death. Its level of quality was much higher than the average VN around here. It actually had a plot, interesting world-building, and meaningful choices. Loose Ends only suffers in comparison to it. But we will never see what happens there, unfortunately.
Because the original dev took his ball and went home.

Reactions: MAD6999 and Ass Fan