RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
So it appears the prequel has been abandoned, too?
I've asked this question before and got attacked by the Devs. There was zero communication, no update on the Patreon page and we question the status; then we're accused of trying to tear this game down. Used to support this dev but now i hope it stays dead. Hope it gets the abandoned tag since it almost a year.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
So sad after the changes in the old Lord of Imagination I was looking forward to the new game.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Moreover, You link an American site when none of the parties involved are American. Internationally enforcible copyright over an IP isn't something you wave into existence through the sheer tyranny of will.
The same lack of legal contracts by definition means he owns nothing as well in the strictest sense. The only thing that he without a shadow of a doubt he does own is the Patreon page. Even if 3 people were to create a game with the same name as Lord of Imagination, there'd be no legal case for him IN HIS OWN country because there's no legal document that proves his ownership over the game.
The reason for their linking to that might be because international (regional but often seen everywhere) copyright laws supports an absolute ton of American laws too. For example automatic copyright is a rather big one...but only if you claim it. If you're anywhere in the code or credits or have any proof of being a part of development and you can prove "partnership" then you have a claim at least in American copyright (and possibly likely other areas of the world because of the whole "international cooperation" regarding copyright). I'd suggest they were trying to be helpful in that moment, maybe. Europe for example is a bit American in copyright laws. Also, if he/you did any kind of F95 posting "together" (or him) about the game and he acknowledged you, you've got public acknowledgment (admittance) that can be used in some countries (at least America, Europe...) to force some legal claim. Just trying to be helpful. Good luck with your project. :)

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
The reason for their linking to that might be because international (regional but often seen everywhere) copyright laws supports an absolute ton of American laws too. For example automatic copyright is a rather big one...but only if you claim it. If you're anywhere in the code or credits or have any proof of being a part of development and you can prove "partnership" then you have a claim at least in American copyright (and possibly likely other areas of the world because of the whole "international cooperation" regarding copyright). I'd suggest they were trying to be helpful in that moment, maybe. Europe for example is a bit American in copyright laws. Also, if he/you did any kind of F95 posting "together" (or him) about the game and he acknowledged you, you've got public acknowledgment (admittance) that can be used in some countries (at least America, Europe...) to force some legal claim. Just trying to be helpful. Good luck with your project. :)
The key point is that the copyright needs to be made beforehand. In any case, I don't think this discussion matters anymore given that Sznuk doesn't even seem to be interested in continuing his game. And thanks!
what about the main game
Next month. Check my Patreon for more details.