BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
The key point is that the copyright needs to be made beforehand. In any case, I don't think this discussion matters anymore given that Sznuk doesn't even seem to be interested in continuing his game. And thanks!

Next month. Check my Patreon for more details.
"beforehand" does not always apply, depending upon where you are (America, Europe...). Automatic copyrights, for example. Anyway, good luck. Edit: On a side note, it seems like you might be confusing Trademarks and Copyright. Trademarks definitely need to be done before hand, or at least before someone else gets at it legally. Very cut-throat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sihil

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
need to rethink yer text sixe and font color on yer transition text like 'the next evening' or whatever its a bitch to see

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
what is the logic of releasing a game that is a spin off of another game that is yet to be released? also i might be wrong but it seems like you previously abandoned 2 games before and now you are planning on working on 3 games simultaneously, really?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
what is the logic of releasing a game that is a spin off of another game that is yet to be released? also i might be wrong but it seems like you previously abandoned 2 games before and now you are planning on working on 3 games simultaneously, really?
Edit: Read the Developer Notes. (Thanks to Ennoch for pointing out a better resource than my quick reply based on a cursory glance.)

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Bupo probably maybe perhaps should have mentioned to read the Developer Notes as it explains this exact question.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
so both of the games that he was working on got abandoned, that doesn't exactly anwer my questions

He is working on two.
The third one was a one-man commission which was discontinued on mutual agreement according to dev.

Now, he is trying to salvage the effort he put into a project he was working on extensively and don't want to let go just like that. This effort is named Darklight.
This will be a spin-off to that. Why release it before the main Darklight? Because this is probably a smaller project and was easier to produce a release while he keeps working on the bigger one. It only feels strange because of the unusual circumstances surrounding Darklight.

Many dev do this, without the special circumstance of course.

He isn't working on three, he said he had three projects he worked on thus far. One, the commission got dropped, so he is working on two. All these three came after the big project he was collabing on went awry.

Edit: This is how i understand the situation. If i'm getting this wrong, my bad.

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I'm wondering why you're not allowing naming of the MC in this game?
Would it not have been a thing to name the MC from LoI and also name the MC here?

As it is, I don't get much of a sense of actually playing as the MC, particularly because you actually also play from the other MC's perspective starting from that interview and that MC has a name the reader picked while the "real" MC just has some generic name that no one gives a shit about.
Its very disjointed.
It feels like this is actually written as a multiple protag VN but not being "sold" as such because multi protag is actually reasonably unpopular.

For me, when I'm playing through a VN as the MC I'd rather not be playing from multiple character's perspectives but rather see it from the MCs eyes, so to speak.
I would rather have seen the antagonist's interview on a TV or something while watching as the MC.
Seeing it from the antagonist's perspective didn't really make any sense, how would our MC know any of what went on behind the scenes?

Does what I'm saying make sense?
Depends on a lot of things. I really don't want to disappoint the NTR fans given they were the people who've supported the game for the longest but practically speaking, NTR didn't make a ton of sense in that game, it doesn't make a lot of money, makes you miserable when you're writing it and attracts a lot of annoying fighting between NTR haters and non haters.

She still plays an important role. And she will have sex scenes, just not with the Loose Ends MC.

CNC is just an underutilized genre. If people play the game when it's completed and don't like it then I'd be willing to believe people on this site don't like CNC in general.
> dates on first page's posts
> no sexual tags

So let me see if I am reading this right. this game is:
1. a multiple protagonist game that is dodging that tag because it is unpopular.
2. Meant specifically for NTR fans. yet it is tagged as [harem] but not tagged as [netorare]
3. despite 2 years since first release does not have even a single sex scene.

did I catch everything?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Beast Within

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Tbh, this a remake of the spin off. The story is also different initial spin off story. I probably KIV this until its complete or have more chapters. It's confusing if the dev end up remaking the remake again. I don't have confident in this dev at all in completing any of the game. Probably it will have 3,4 chapters then abandoned again. This is based on historical trend of the devs.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
2. Meant specifically for NTR fans. yet it is tagged as [harem] but not tagged as [netorare]
if I read the devs post correctly, he doesnt plan to have ntr and the game will be a harem. same with the game he is reworking as well (ntr content is completelyremoved) because it doesnt cut it financialy, it burdens him emotionaly to creat it and doesnt fit with the story of either game. he admits it will upset the ntr fans but it is what it is. so with that, I dont expect any of that ntr/netorase/swinging/sharing appearing in any of the games.

mind you my english knowledge aint that great so I may have misunderstood him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
if I read the devs post correctly, he doesnt plan to have ntr and the game will be a harem. same with the game he is reworking as well (ntr content is completelyremoved) because it doesnt cut it financialy, it burdens him emotionaly to creat it and doesnt fit with the story of either game. he admits it will upset the ntr fans but it is what it is. so with that, I dont expect any of that ntr/netorase/swinging/sharing appearing in any of the games.

mind you my english knowledge aint that great so I may have misunderstood him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, this is correct. I'll add a Dev Notes explaining the situation later and make a post on Patreon about who exactly will be the antagonist.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Still don't get to name the MC.

The strange animated menu is annoying as hell.
It's already annoying that it doesn't go directly to the save slots like a normal Renpy VN, but I have to wait for the menu to animate as well? Double annoying.

The office scene plays twice, first as if you didn't attempt to go to the funeral and then as if you did try to.

Then there is a strange jump to a conversation about people dying? Zero context, no idea what is being talked about.
It's already loaded with narrator/inner monologue, except for this part which actually could use some sort of explanation.

and wtf does this say?
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Maybe it's clear to people who have the brightness or contrast way up beyond normal settings.

Then we're left with a nice "fuck you" as the current version ends back at the menu with no warning to save.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
apparently no name change is still an issue?

that sucks.

i hope theres an option to turn off save naming in the future. a little annoying to deal with that after a while.

Last edited: