Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
This is my personal opinion without proof. I suspect the original dev of LOI is just being petty and will drop his version of the game if Sihil didn't go on making his own version.
I would personally like to have the characters of LOI appears as cameo but have a story totally separated from the original LOI. Multi dimension/timeline is quite common so i think Sihil can just to ahead and do his version. I doubt the original Dev can do much even if those characters appear. I dont think it will occur any copyright issues too, given that there is no legal documents signed or any of the characters have been copyrighted.
Meh. If he finishes then great. If not then great. I will know that I tried my best to bring back the game and will be able to work on something fresh with peace of mind.
I'll probably only bring Zel back. The rest of the characters if I ever get to make a Lord of Imagination-adjacent game will at least look different.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
True its probably way more complicated and neither will probably have the capital to even sue one another in their respected countries. But they can still make their case with Patreon to get each others game of that platform.
That's an option, but Sihil is currently making...$24 a month. I'm not sure how concerned he is about that, and again he almost certainly is aware that Patreon could take the project down.

...Especially since Patreon technically views hypnosis/mind control content as "sexual violence" and thus against their rules. Never mind the planned rape tag here and actual rape tag on the original. It feels like they've gotten a lot more lax about enforcing their newer rules, but I'm pretty sure if you go up to Patreon and say, "Hey, I want you to examine my game against your rules and this person's game against your rules. They're violating my IP and I want you to ban them" Patreon's response will not be what you planned.

• Angry
Reactions: tachini

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
That's an option, but Sihil is currently making...$24 a month. I'm not sure how concerned he is about that, and again he almost certainly is aware that Patreon could take the project down.

...Especially since Patreon technically views hypnosis/mind control content as "sexual violence" and thus against their rules. Never mind the planned rape tag here and actual rape tag on the original. It feels like they've gotten a lot more lax about enforcing their newer rules, but I'm pretty sure if you go up to Patreon and say, "Hey, I want you to examine my game against your rules and this person's game against your rules. They're violating my IP and I want you to ban them" Patreon's response will not be what you planned.
To be clear, it's more CNC than actual rape.

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020

He'll probably have to create a subscribestar. Looks like many devs use it for content that's not allowed on Patreon.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Sorry for bringing this up, now that that part of the discussion seems to have died down somewhat, but has everybody forgotten that verbal contracts are still contracts? If it was done via text then all the better. There doesn't need to be some scary piece of watermarked paper with CONTRACT stamped all over it in order for an agreement to be considered a contract. Maybe that's not a thing everywhere though? Either way it would be pretty messy, and difficult, for a random guy to enforce on another random guy halfway across the world. Especially if they use their own renders.

Anyway, glad to see you doing this man, you do you. Pretty slimy move for him to suddenly appear with that render too, lol, jesus.

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Sorry for bringing this up, now that that part of the discussion seems to have died down somewhat, but has everybody forgotten that verbal contracts are still contracts? If it was done via text then all the better. There doesn't need to be some scary piece of watermarked paper with CONTRACT stamped all over it in order for an agreement to be considered a contract. Maybe that's not a thing everywhere though? Either way it would be pretty messy, and difficult, for a random guy to enforce on another random guy halfway across the world. Especially if they use their own renders.

Anyway, glad to see you doing this man, you do you. Pretty slimy move for him to suddenly appear with that render too, lol, jesus.
Two things.
1st - A verbal agreement can't be porven if it hasn't been recorded and even then there's factors to take into consideration like if the voices are 100% the one's the people claim to be and if the recording was agreed. You can even face legal consequences if you record someone without their consent even if it proves your argument. That evidence will be viewed as invalid in most cases.
2nd - A contract must make it clear what it describes. It can actually be quite short like in Squid Game, where the contract/agreement only consisted of 3 short rules, all printed in one page. It doesn't have to be made by a lawyer but it still needs a valid form and even then let's not forget that most games here are quite similar.

You know how many times people mentione how Game X is quite a rip-off of Being A DIK?
Most games use the same render sets and the character models you can buy are also not limitless so sooner or later you'll be using a model that's being used in a different game - One example: The mother from LoI is also being used in "The Visit", once again the mother figure there.

We're talking about games that use pre-made models, locations & objects and just cahnge colors, style and alter the story. Sure Sihil should change some things when crafting his own vision of the original but there's nothing that can keep him from doing that.

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018

Pretty sure they would as i've already seen it happen on other platforms.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Just copying this over from the LoI thread incase it Agent gets petty and wants it taken down.
Plus, its always good to hae a summery for people not in the know to see.

So you might not know:
Sihil was the writer of Lord of Imagination.
Agentgames is the animator of Lord of Imagination.
They were a team but split up due to creative and work ethic differences.
Neither could agree on who owned the IP. Sihil wrote the story, but Agentgames did the renders

Sihil has been working on a prequel of sorts to LoI to sharpen their Daz skills and use his own renders.
Agentgames has been.. apparently working on this render for the main game he stopped working on? This is the first we've heard in over a year.

One is the person who creates the story and sexy situations you loved from LoI.
The other one made the beautiful art you loved from LoI.

Would you rather have a beautiful looking game with a mediocre story?
Would you rather have a good looking game with a fantastic story?

For my money, I will always go with Writer vs Animator. Animator is a very technically difficult job, but those set of skills can be learned. Writing is a much harder job due to the creativity involved. You actually have to develop characters, a narrative, and then find all the sexy, kinky trouble those characters can get into.

Plus, Sihil has been way more transparent with their work as they have been learning Daz modeling.
And given the timing of Sihil dropping an entire prologue for their game, while Agentgames just dropped a single render...
Yeah, I'm going with Sihil.

Last edited:

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Huh, wasn't expecting the prologue to be here already.

Anal, cheating, corruption, creampie, drugs, dystopian setting, fantasy, harem, incest, male domination, mind control, multiple ending, pregnancy, rape (CNC), superpowers

No, the previous MC is the percieved antagonist. The previous game had good and bad paths, this one just had the bad path. Generally, there'll be fewer choices so that I can finish this game quickly. There'll be mind control though it'll be more subdued. The MC is a massive cunt and pretty much the polar opposite compared to the LoI protag.
Ahh... So we are the villain of the story

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
For my money, I will always go with Writer vs Animator
I agree with you, the VN/Kinetic novel genre if there are two collaborators is a choreographed dance b/t writer and animator, The writer should always take the lead.
The most frustrating thing I see in these games is language translation, beautiful game, but dialogue that takes me right out of the immersion.
It's amazing to me with all the wiz-bang technologies we have today. translating languages is a difficult process.
How were we doing it correctly, 2000 yrs ago? ;)

Reactions: ziggy81

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
wtf?
so, first I thought: ok, a spin-off, the dev will have now time to mature and perfect his skills. and when this is done he will return to the original game and finish it.
but now, just like that AgentGames returns and will continue the other game and Sihil decides to focus on this one and not do the other. not good. since we don't know what will happen.
this is not new, a bunch of times vanished devs show up, with grandiose announcements to just disappear again after a short time. I really wanted to corrupt the girlfriend!

Reactions: Norman Knight