Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Did I miss something? I was asked to input a name for the MC but the MC was never brought up in the game.
The MC should be introduced by the end of this version - kinda like an end-credit scene in movies.
You're gonna be on the phone talking but won't make any major apperance here as the prologue focused more on the other characters

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
That's not accurate I'm afraid.
Daz grants you ownership of your renders. But you are correct on the assets, you do not own the assets, only a license to use them.
If this was not the case, nobody would be able to get finances or sell their games anywhere if they used Daz, and anyone could steal the renders, make a new game with a different text, which is of course, not the case.

Anything created in Art/entertainment, gets an automatic copyright as soon as it is created. The only burden if you do not manually register it, is proving that you've created it during a lawsuit.
In this case, the game having been published, and the ownership being public knowledge, there'd no defense possible, the original owner has all the rights and copyrights to it.
Correctly put. In other words, the content or the "story" is what you can claim copyright on, not on the assets per say that were licensed ( content like models that were created on your own from scratch is protected as well).
You need to register your copyright in order to claim damages in a lawsuit. If you don't the max that you can do is have the content taken down by the infringing party.

You can protect your content created using any software you like as long as it was created from scratch by you and is a novelty in a very relative sense.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Okay, listen up fuckers because I am tired of repeating myself over and over again.
Here's a short(?) summary of all the drama.
- Sznuk with his irl friend creates Lord of Imagination, I play the first update, find it interesting and tell him I'm interested in writing for the game. The conversation ultimately went nowhere. If you don't like the title of the game, blame them.

- His friend leaves after like 2 updates, he was expecting this to be a massive cash cow, it wasn't. Sznuk takes me up on the offer. We agree on a sixty-forty partnership (pay attention to that word because it will be important later.)

- We work on the game for over a year and a half, all the while we pay for any expenses that come along for the game together, like paying for Rich's work of coding.

-Suddenly Sznuk locks me out of Patreon, dms me on discord that he's quitting, makes an announcement on the LoI discord and Patreon and then deletes the discord, after a while he also deleted the post on Patreon as well.

- I tell him to give me everything I need to continue the game and he refuses because apparently, I don't "legally" own the game. English is not his first language. He meant I don't have any moral rights to the game, not even a portion of it.

-I contest that but I can't really do much.

- Rich had like 3 files from the original game from which I had to reverse engineer Zel's model. I decided to create a spin-off which will be around episode 8-9 of the original game in the corruption path. That way I'll have a way to figure out how to create renders and still have something to show for the lost time.

- That brings us here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Just once though, for the love of God.
Congratulations for your spin off and I wish you all the best for your success.

I would humbly put my 2 cents over copyright here in hopes that you find them useful.

Sznuk is correct in some instances and has a question mark over his conduct in others.
If he has hired you as a writer and has paid you your fees then he (and any other creator along side him) are the rightful owners of the content since they hired you for writing for them and have compensated you with your fees for the same.

If he has not paid you fees for the work you have done (completed with all due diligence like being on time and up to the satisfaction of the employer/contractor, then you are first liable to your compensation first, if he fails compensating you then you own the copyright over the works that you did, not on anything else.

It will be extremely difficult to prove a contract if there is no written agreement made anywhere. So moving forward I hope that you insist on a written contract that takes care of all instances that may come across as barriers to execute the contract.

Was the partnership offer based on the entirety of the game or from the point of your joining into the leadership, because if it was in entirety of the game then they would be obligated to ask you compensation for earlier costs (joining fees like in a partnership firm) to let you have a stake in the game in its entirety on an agreed sharing ratio.

If it was from the point of your joining then you have limited rights of the game that happened after you progressed into the game, this is especially true for the assets (or anything else for that matter) that were created prior to your joining or has nothing to do with your department.

Again, unless there is a written agreement, it is difficult to prove who owns what or what not.

Personally, what happened was a dick move, but dick moves can be legal too if the law accepts it.

All this is based on the info that you posted here, I can be entirely wrong in my assessment so please take it with a pinch of salt and please do not take this as a legal advise, cause it isn't lol.

boraxkarloff

Jan 25, 2018
The MC should be introduced by the end of this version - kinda like an end-credit scene in movies.
You're gonna be on the phone talking but won't make any major apperance here as the prologue focused more on the other characters
Thanks. I thought I skipped over something.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If you guys remember the first couple updates of the original game, the writing was pretty awful.

Well the renders are pretty good. Models are all from other games i think. DoD mom, Liam, Max or whatever that Daz version of default male MC is. I don't see much grammatical errors, but the dialogue is so stiff. It just doesn't sound like real people. The story telling isn't the best. Pacing feels a bit off and people act in unnatural ways. Weird use of dream sequence. Pretty dumb MC with the typical personality. "Oh my mom's ass is so hot."

So basically, this game will live and die by the fetishes and sex content. Lots of kinky shit is required or it will just be one of those meh games.
That's my initial impression of the first game before Sihil joined. The LoI that you guys remember fondly is almost certainly the result of Sihil rewriting all the stupid shit at the beginning and doing his best to try and work within the initial narrative concept. NTR vs Chad MC route split is very hard to pull off in a narrative that presents the MC as the "chosen one." He did an admirable job, but if he had a choice, I'm pretty sure he would have axed the NTR (which explains why there is no NTR route on this one). I like NTR, of course, and looking at my posts in the thread, I enjoyed the NTR route while playing it. By the time it got abandoned though, and as we got more of the story, I was firmly in the camp that the dominant MC is the canon story and the NTR is a bit contrived for that game.

Shit, I got sidetracked with that NTR talk. Basically, I am just saying Sihil is the one who actually made the game work. If you make me choose between great renders vs great writing, I'm going with the latter every time. Plus, what the original dev did is a real bitch move that is entirely independent of the discussion regarding the IP. Whatever the legalalities are, the fact is that they did a 60/40 partnership, where Sihil paid for the cost of development proportional to his "ownership." If he was just a hired writer that got paid by the hour or wordcount, it would be a different story. So maybe there isn't a legal case to be made without any contracts to show for it, but there is certainly a moral ground to stand on. And in all likelihood, there won't be any fucking lawsuits because it's a huge pain in the ass and waste of time and money. But seeing as how spiteful this guy is... maybe it's not off the table lol.

And let's be honest, this dude goes off the grid for god knows how long - without any communication - while Sihil kept updating the public about his plans and the state of the project, and the moment Sihil drops his game, he comes back with that bullshit? Lol. What a grade A dickhead.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Yep, i'm with Team Sihil on this one. The original Dev is an ass as far i am concerned. He must be high thinking people will just support him after that dick move
Sihil - I would recommend you to clean up on the prologue base on the feedback you've gotten and improve renders to make it better. TBH, this version is still subpar.
This is the same version as the last one

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
A spin off of an abandoned title? A new game/story would make more sense to me.
Only 6 pages in and this is already getting tiring lol.

It feels like people come to threads not bothering to check or search first their subject matter first because they think they're simply too brilliant for anyone else to think of the comment before them?

Or maybe they're just supremely lazy with very simple minds, I don't know.

• Angry
Reactions: tachini

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I've edited the game synopsis to better reflect the reality now.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I've edited the game synopsis to better reflect the reality now.
I for one was never interested in the "other" game considering it has fetishes I don't like, so my only interest was in your game because it matches the fetishes I like and yeah, as long you keep your games vanilla with only the mc doing the fucking and no sharing,swinging,ntr I will play your games , btw I wanted to ask... so far we don't see the mc but is any in the prologue (girls or the bad guy in the clifhanger related to him? Will any of that be changed? are those girls going to be the Lis in the game?)

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I for one was never interested in the "other" game considering it has fetishes I don't like, so my only interest was in your game because it matches the fetishes I like and yeah, as long you keep your games vanilla with only the mc doing the fucking and no sharing,swinging,ntr I will play your games , btw I wanted to ask... so far we don't see the mc but is any in the prologue (girls or the bad guy in the clifhanger related to him? Will any of that be changed? are those girls going to be the Lis in the game?)
Jenn, Rose and Noelle are the love interests and the bad guy at the end is the MC.