juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Honestly, i think LoI would need a rewrite of the story, specially the initial part, as well as stop going back and forth with "Carl is the boss, not you are the boss, not Carl is the boss, not you but we need the rest of the team to agree, so Carl is"

I am starting this one right now, hoping for the best

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
I apologize for asking so many questions

I will try to stop but in your next game is there a way for me to play as a good guy but still end up with Zel
Yes, sort of.
In terms of how similar they will look to their original models how closely will they be? Also the reason for so many questions is because of a lot of interest in both this game and a future version of Lord of Imagination or whatever it will be called.
Currently, I haven't decided on the models except for the MC for LoI and Zel, of course.
Honestly, i think LoI would need a rewrite of the story, specially the initial part, as well as stop going back and forth with "Carl is the boss, not you are the boss, not Carl is the boss, not you but we need the rest of the team to agree, so Carl is"

I am starting this one right now, hoping for the best
Yeah, Carl in general would have a smaller role.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Do not change Olivia's model !! i will haunt you in your dreams :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I probably will though. I do have her model but the problem is how outdated it is. Don't worry, whichever model I replace her with will only look better
A Command & Conquer fetish? Damn, just my type. Tiberium Wars or Red Alert 2?
Consensual non-consent. But that sounds like a good time as well.

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, sort of.
thank you I'm curious what kind of good guy would finally win her love

I guess I will have to wait for the next game don't worry I'm happy to wait

but what do you think about adding a scene where Zel Future Love passes her in the street?

and says to himself

wow she sure is a beautiful kind of foreshadowing

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
An interesting start. I did not play Lords of Imagination, so I can't speak to that game. However, if this is meant to be a standalone game, it fails on one front: it's confusing. There are too many people and places and things thrown at the player in the first release that we don't know about (unless, I'm presuming, we've played LoI). It's a bit much. If you're going to introduce players to an entirely new setting/world, with its own established history and rules, you need to make those clear to the player.

The worst way would be a prologue/narrative that just tells the reader everything from the front. It's boring and it never works as intended. Instead, feed us bit by bit with new details to help pain the picture as to what is happening in the world you're in, but do it in a way that isn't overwhelming. Unfortunately, this game so far is pretty overwhelming when it comes to information.

I like the premise quite a bit, or at least what I think the premise is, because it's still a bit murky. The dialogue is solid, which is probably the hardest thing to get right, so that's a huge bonus. The renders are a little weak. Lighting feels completely ambient and there's no real sharpness to anything. Those will improve in time, as long as dev is willing to take chances with it, experiment with lighting and posing. Right now they're middling at best. Not the worst renders I've seen, but definitely the weakest part of this release.

I'd like to see the next update and make a real decision then on if it's worth committing my limited time to playing long-term. For now, I'm cautiously optimistic, but there's definitely some improvement to be had here.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
An interesting start. I did not play Lords of Imagination, so I can't speak to that game. However, if this is meant to be a standalone game, it fails on one front: it's confusing. There are too many people and places and things thrown at the player in the first release that we don't know about (unless, I'm presuming, we've played LoI). It's a bit much. If you're going to introduce players to an entirely new setting/world, with its own established history and rules, you need to make those clear to the player.

The worst way would be a prologue/narrative that just tells the reader everything from the front. It's boring and it never works as intended. Instead, feed us bit by bit with new details to help pain the picture as to what is happening in the world you're in, but do it in a way that isn't overwhelming. Unfortunately, this game so far is pretty overwhelming when it comes to information.

I like the premise quite a bit, or at least what I think the premise is, because it's still a bit murky. The dialogue is solid, which is probably the hardest thing to get right, so that's a huge bonus. The renders are a little weak. Lighting feels completely ambient and there's no real sharpness to anything. Those will improve in time, as long as dev is willing to take chances with it, experiment with lighting and posing. Right now they're middling at best. Not the worst renders I've seen, but definitely the weakest part of this release.

I'd like to see the next update and make a real decision then on if it's worth committing my limited time to playing long-term. For now, I'm cautiously optimistic, but there's definitely some improvement to be had here.
I think its confusing on purpose.

The only context playing LoI gives you for playing this game is where the powers are coming from, and the hold the Mafia has on the city (which you can already infer from the stories)

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, I was writing the first scene for the next update and I noticed that too. The game has an exposition problem. The problem is that even the people who have played LoI will only have some idea of what's going on because not only the characters are all new but also fact that this game takes place around episodes 8-10 of LoI. And something really important was going to happen in ep 5 before the development stopped at ep 4. So anyway, yes, I've taken note of the issue and have some ideas on how to fix it.
Edit: Also, the renders are a thorn in my side. My current approach of setting up the scene, hitting control+R, realizing it doesn't look good and then banging my head against the wall hasn't been completely effective but live and learn, eh?

Reactions: ziggy81

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a quick update. My side of the work is finally, finally done. Now Rich will create a build and proofreaders will have a go. After that, I'll be releasing the game on Patreon and then here.