3.90 star(s) 10 Votes

imercenary

Jun 14, 2017
Nice sprite art, but goddamn the gameplay is awful. The jumping is superfloaty and all the surfaces make you slide like you're on ice so when you land a jump into a small platform you have to fight the controls so you don't slide off.

Reactions: htsfz

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
hey are you perhaps octoscammer himself? what games? there is only one half assed game he completed called Tower something like 5 years ago. I understand you have hots for her*(apparently) but unfortunately fella reality and time stands against everything you or developer himself may say in defence. Tbh if you like her so much you should let her know to change per patreon name to something else at this point. Joys of Anonimity.
Except that she released a full game a few months back

https://f95zone.to/threads/amour-octopussy.21981

I wouldn't be defending this dev if I knew she was a scammer.

Slow progress ≠ Scamming

You want a real Patreon scammer? Look up ViperV
Just because you don't publically see progress, doesn't mean there isn't any. Also how in the fucking hell does the dev's gender matter? Why should I care if octopussy is a woman or a man lmfao. Way to go offtopic for no reason

Last edited:

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
is there any attack or action buttons? All I have found is the ability to jump, duck and move and the areas seem broken, I can't travel between areas without going back out to the map and it says there are 6 monsters and 5 animations, but I can only find 3 enemies total.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
is there any attack or action buttons? All I have found is the ability to jump, duck and move and the areas seem broken, I can't travel between areas without going back out to the map and it says there are 6 monsters and 5 animations, but I can only find 3 enemies total.
You could shoot in previous versions, but that has been taken out because it'll be an upgrade you get from a boss as I understand it. I don't know if there is a way to traverse the areas without going back to the menu. I don't think so. And I don't know about the enemies. It definitely feels very work in progress and prototype-y yet.

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
Okay, the game is straight shit. Hot steaming garbage.

The platforming is finicky at best and an absolute insult to platforming (and humanity) at worst, the physics are floaty as hell, and the developer has a weird fetish for covering 50% of the map in these dumb spikes that just make you bounce in random directions until you die, at which point you just spawn on top of the spikes again.
Figured I'd try this game again after a year or two but somehow there's less content and the gameplay has gotten worse.

0/10 don't even download it, and if you actually support this dev on patreon I'd try to get refunded.

Wolf98

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
0.6 is out, maybe some much needed TLC? If anyone has it would give it a try. Or OP if you can update.
Least the patron page says "New build 0.6"

Reactions: grasshopper

Wolf98

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
Am I missing a gallery? (As of 0.68).
There is a blue crystal in the level select that brings me to a small room, but can't get anything to happen in there.

Do gems / those notes do anything? See it's like a score point thing, just didn't know if did anything.

And assuming I get double jump or something later? On level 4 but still nothing, had to leave a lot of stuff behind.

EDIT: I got dash, and I guess from the text you have to run back all the back to level 1??? To get to that de-whatever place. But after that long drop near the exit back to level 4?There is a little step I can't get back through. 4 fire traps, then one on a small crawl sized gap, but I can't get back over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anita Deek

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
Is 2-4 supposed to be unwinnable? The game forces you to take a long descent into a pit to open a door, but there's no actual way out.
Edit: Apparently, you have to actually die there and the doors will be open the next time you try.
Edit 2: No, the dev really forgot to make a way back on numerous occasions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xol

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
If I understand correctly, those areas you can't reach (including to go back) are meant to be reachable with abilities (like maybe double jump, or some kind of grappling hook or something?) that you'll get later on. As far as I can tell, the place where you get the dash ability is the effective end of the current release.

DancingPriest

Sep 29, 2017
So, I get an error saying:
"The procedure entry point GetOverlappedResultEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

After some digging, it sounds like the developer is using a function called GetOverlappedResultEx(). That function only works in windows 10 (maybe windows 8). As I'm using windows 7, The program won't run.

If the developer does read the comments here, you can look into using the function GetOverlappedResult(), which is usable in win 7 and earlier. There is no guarantee that other things won't get messed up, however.

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
So, I get an error saying:
"The procedure entry point GetOverlappedResultEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

After some digging, it sounds like the developer is using a function called GetOverlappedResultEx(). That function only works in windows 10 (maybe windows 8). As I'm using windows 7, The program won't run.

If the developer does read the comments here, you can look into using the function GetOverlappedResult(), which is usable in win 7 and earlier. There is no guarantee that other things won't get messed up, however.
Game runs fine on 8.1

The question here is why are people still using 7? Microsoft is dropping support for 7 in about 3 months completely. Windows 8.1 and windows 10 LTSC exists if you have a not so good pc.

DancingPriest

Sep 29, 2017
Well you're gonna have to change it because developers will start dropping support soon after it goes completely unsupported by microsoft.

You can also make 8.1 and 10 look and feel like windows 7
I suppose so. Fortunately, most major game developers will support win 7 for at least another 5-10 years. I mean, most still support windows xp :ROFLMAO:

It's just small time developers like this one that won't have backwards compatibility.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna be one of those old people that keeps saying things like "kids these days" and "I just don't understand this new fangled technology".

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes