3.90 star(s) 10 Votes
Nov 19, 2019
Build unity game 3 years and pay for 1 build in month 5$ simulator...
And normally I don't mind those kinds of patreons; I enjoy groups like Siren's Domain and Future Fragments. But when it's a one-man band making a game, who has routinely failed to drop monthly game updates, *and then* says "Yeah I'm making a new game too" it really turns off my attitude towards them.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
i don`t understand, did he begin a new project and stopped with this one or what exactly
What I can gather from the Patreon feed is that there is a new project, yes. But I don't think Lorain is abandoned. The latest build published on Patreon is from november. And I think the dev has made other games while this one was still in progress in the past.

Reactions: Mistere99

Ariyana

May 13, 2018
Honestly, I rather like the game.

Specifically, I like how the game auto saves everything you do. If you die getting to a switch to open a gate, that switch stays activated. It makes death far less punishing by reducing the re-work you have to do.

I like the ability to regenerate your clothing, so you don't have to be too worried if you took a dumb hit or two. Get to a safe place and heal up those free two hits before moving on.

The controls are OK, and the timing on utilizing them isn't overly punishing. A lot of platformers have aggressively unfair wall jumping, but thankfully it isn't so here. I just wish there were more CG Finishers like when you lose to the two experiments in level 2. An animated CG finisher like that was far more than I expected, and a delightful surprise.

Nov 19, 2019
Not terribly likely to see version 0.85 for a couple days. I was thinking of coughing up the $15 but then realized it's the 28th. Be a better idea to wait til the first so you get the chance of another update (haha not that Octo updates monthly).

Nov 19, 2019
Edit to above: I was digging through my collection and discovered I apparently had versions 0.83 and 0.84. I think I properly made a Mega link with both of them and without giving away personal info lol.

ALSO. I forget which one, but I think it's v0.83 where it will delete your previous save and you have to start everything fresh when you launch it for the first time. Just an fyi.

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
so
Edit to above: I was digging through my collection and discovered I apparently had versions 0.83 and 0.84. I think I properly made a Mega link with both of them and without giving away personal info lol.

Mega Folder

ALSO. I forget which one, but I think it's v0.83 where it will delete your previous save and you have to start everything fresh when you launch it for the first time. Just an fyi.
soo your link have the version 0.83,right?, ok thanks but what have this version?,have some new for play?... like new enemies or animation H or like that?

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
so

soo your link have the version 0.83,right?, ok thanks but what have this version?,have some new for play?... like new enemies or animation H or like that?
Edit: i see the version 0.84 thanks again, i hope some new H and not the same that have the version 82

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes