TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
IIRC, the way it works is that they have X people near you, and Y people in reserve. Then each round, more of them move from back up to active (they get in range/active combat).
So, for example, there are 100 guys total, but 20 are in range in the first turn with 80 still in the back, you kill 10, but 20 move over, so now there are 60 guys in the back, 10 dead, and 30 near you.

Basically, the idea is that they send waves at you, so you don't have to fight them all at once, in case you don't have the numbers for that. If you have a huge army, it makes it really easy, but when you have a smaller one, it gives you more of a chance.

Reactions: rKnight

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
IIRC, the way it works is that they have X people near you, and Y people in reserve. Then each round, more of them move from back up to active (they get in range/active combat).
So, for example, there are 100 guys total, but 20 are in range in the first turn with 80 still in the back, you kill 10, but 20 move over, so now there are 60 guys in the back, 10 dead, and 30 near you.

Basically, the idea is that they send waves at you, so you don't have to fight them all at once, in case you don't have the numbers for that. If you have a huge army, it makes it really easy, but when you have a smaller one, it gives you more of a chance.
Ah, I wasn't referring to the "gameplay ambush" but to the normal "human settlement" or similar.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
And then when the fight is nearly over and the enemy has only a hand full of people left, they throw a hand grenade and u lose 40 soldiers...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: changingnickname

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And then when the fight is nearly over and the enemy has only a hand full of people left, they throw a hand grenade and u lose 40 soldiers...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That is why I never use grenades, you using them makes it more likely that they will use them too.

Inex33

Jun 20, 2018
Yea i’m not talking about that game play. Just the normal “attack, skirmish, defend, retreat” battles. Sometimes you are able to ambush them before fighting.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The numbers I get with any kind of encounter usually rise by up to 80% the moment I order an attack.
And then, of course, if there's any slaves to be taken, that value might also be completely random. To be fair, at least in that case, the first report says "they have X warriors"; One assumes the slaves include people that are not.
The actual ambush scenarios suffer from randomness, too; Hard to reliably beat them without save scumming.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The numbers I get with any kind of encounter usually rise by up to 80% the moment I order an attack.
And then, of course, if there's any slaves to be taken, that value might also be completely random. To be fair, at least in that case, the first report says "they have X warriors"; One assumes the slaves include people that are not.
The actual ambush scenarios suffer from randomness, too; Hard to reliably beat them without save scumming.
Dunno, I never had problems with staying defensive all the way through. Maybe that needs a certain strength to begin with but then it works like a charm.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Dunno, I never had problems with staying defensive all the way through. Maybe that needs a certain strength to begin with but then it works like a charm.
Could be, I have a rather large army, so I just go all in, attacking every round, and I generally wipe them out every turn... But then, any game with RNG, sometimes save scumming is a good plan. PC RNG has never really been good.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I have begun just trying all options and scrolling back. I've had cases where an attack that supposedly failed had less than half the losses of a defence.
And in an Ambush scenario, a grenade killing as little as 7 and as many as 43 enemies between a few reloads. For science.
But there probably is a connection between the viability of certain options and your army size.

Aidevilehelli

Nov 1, 2017
does anyone realize that when being ambushed during the raids, the screen become black sometimes and you couldn't see any character or enemy. It happen after a few grenade throwing, dodging or firing. There's only action option (grenade,dodge etc) available.

The purge

Feb 6, 2020
Can anybody tell me what's the isabel path cuz i have never heard of tht name in this game before did i miss something?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Can anybody tell me what's the isabel path cuz i have never heard of tht name in this game before did i miss something?
Isabele is the bride, to meet her, you need to have the law active where you have sex with the new brides or they pay you.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Really, it seems best to just keep all the laws running.
If nothing else, it seems less rude to keep them in place, than to get rid of them and then put it back.
If you just don't do anything, you can just say, 'hey, I didn't write the laws, I just enforce them!', but if you repeal them and then put them back in place, that is all on you. :ROFLMAO:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
If nothing else, it seems less rude to keep them in place, than to get rid of them and then put it back.
If you just don't do anything, you can just say, 'hey, I didn't write the laws, I just enforce them!', but if you repeal them and then put them back in place, that is all on you. :ROFLMAO:
lol I had the first night law turned off. Had to re-enable it for a couple of nights.
As soon as I got told she was coming, I switched it back off.
I only allowed the law to stand for the time it took for me to steal his bride. :devilish::ROFLMAO:

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes