Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Ad (1) I may be missing something (and in this case honestly missing it) but where do you get that the people love us? We have the weekly report with their "attitude" given as a number, but as far as we know that is to stop them from rebelling which is a long way removed from actually "loving" you. And we probably do not even have this number maxed out since that would keep us from meeting some girls. People will go along with you but will they care if you were to be replaced? But yes, it is true, as long as you provide the necessities, average Joe may not be interested at all in political shenanigans. However, the (perceived) legitimacy of a ruler is something people in different ages have often cared about.

Ad (2) Conflict with North may be bad for the queen but it would also be bad for MC. History is of course full of cases where the fact that it would be bad for both parties did stop escalation - and it is also full of cases where this did not stop people. Being too sure that somebody will not hurt you because they would also hurt yourself may easily backfire. I don't care about what happens to the queen in this scenario, but about what happens to MC. And the truth of the matter is that Taina is a way to strengthen his position. It may not be needed indeed, but then again it may.

But your next point is indeed the crux of the matter.

Indeed it could have (even though I do not subscribe to "just killing her" as the most satisfying conclusion), just as the plot itself could go to hell and back as far as I care. But as you said, these are dev decisions. And a dev does not need an excuse to do as they please with their story. There are no excuses needed. This discussion in my remembering started as "the story as presented by the dev is illogical within the world" and I will hold that it is not.

I very much doubt they care for Taina at all. That's just the impression they will give. She is just another pawn in the game, in this case one that is protecting you. And Dex would love for the pawn to be gone but cannot say so. And yes (referring to a different post), these kinds of things have happened even within the wake of an invading force or other hardship. Dex is scheming and interested in his personal power. I doubt he even gives a shit whether the horde can be repelled as long as he sees some future where he thinks he has personal gains from it. He most probably wouldn't, but these people tend to fall into that trap easily.
Then we may as well let it all go to hell.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
And start a civil war in the city, when the horde is already there ? Even the queen should know better and hold Dex back...after all, her whole reason for granting the lordship to the MC was bringing order into nord.
Just thinking now...Dex is the personification of the simp. Could be so nice that the one that he "love" so much kill him, or lead to his death.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Not sure that was worth the download. All of one plot related thing really happened and that's it. The new scenes are nice but the update is just really thin. The girl isn't even in the Harem and Megan is back in the cage again...

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Just thinking now...Dex is the personification of the simp. Could be so nice that the one that he "love" so much kill him, or lead to his death.
Yeah Taina killing him won't happen imo.
On the other hand, if could use Taina (of course unbeknownst to her) to lure Dex into a trap, that would be really nice and very likely easy, cause Dex will surely meet up with her if she asks.
And who knows, maybe there will be a stray bullet, which will hit her...fuking bandits/mutants :whistle:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ok, I got to that point, and the decision about kinda was poorly done in all kinds of ways.
The very least the dev could have treated us to would be to allow delaying the decision for a day and have an internal monologue.
Or maybe be a *little* bit harsher, in tone if nothing else.
Also, when she explains herself to us later, saying she couldn't stomach to kill anyone, I'd have very much liked the option to tell her that she, herself, brought about the deaths of her own citizen, repeatedly, through her decisions, and one wonders if her uncle had that much blood on his hands in such short a time frame.
Certainly took me out of the immersion.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
In the previous update I have spoke to Megan about attacking Fu. I have done all concubine scenes with Taina. I have got Pamela to join harem. I have received Boobjob from Barberra and have gone to the doomsday party and fucked a girl after Russian roulette and have also been ambushed by said people in an attack involving Jerry, Fu, Dex and myself. I know Catherine has a scene but her quest is telline me to compmete others but the other 2 say wait till next version so am I not doing something right?

Aidevilehelli

Nov 1, 2017
In the previous update I have spoke to Megan about attacking Fu. I have done all concubine scenes with Taina. I have got Pamela to join harem. I have received Boobjob from Barberra and have gone to the doomsday party and fucked a girl after Russian roulette and have also been ambushed by said people in an attack involving Jerry, Fu, Dex and myself. I know Catherine has a scene but her quest is telline me to compmete others but the other 2 say wait till next version so am I not doing something right?
which part of catherine has you complete?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yes in the huge event although I don't recall if I actually did that. The quest says to wait for her to get better but won't progress any more then that.
If you have her being color tested, then that is the end for now.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Also, when she explains herself to us later, saying she couldn't stomach to kill anyone, I'd have very much liked the option to tell her that she, herself, brought about the deaths of her own citizen, repeatedly, through her decisions, and one wonders if her uncle had that much blood on his hands in such short a time frame.
Certainly took me out of the immersion.
That is a very common topic and often mishandled (here as well). I didn't kill anybody personally. I didn't do anything to kill a person (no, but you could have prevented it). I only destroyed their income, kill they did themselves. "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett however has a very nice scene where somebody gets a thorough accounting of how many people they killed despite killing nobody. Something along those lines by the MC - or maybe even better by some third person although none comes to mind - would have been great, agreed.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ok, so let's see.
The quest with searching for a traitor said to wait for a future version, then was resolved anyways.
The quest with Danka is still not resolved, waiting for the colour change, even though that happened many ingame-weeks ago, and she can't be ordered to MC's room after Tonk said that'd be possible - though I know that scene exists. Might be related to keeping Danka immediatelybugging out the harem, and me manually adding a missing variable.
I also have the same thing as mentioned above with Cat where it says to wait for other quests, yet there are none left to be completed; So following the queen on that day locks her out?
Also, I assume there's nothing further with Isabelle yet after telling her she'll be protected, nor a bedroom scene with Mia?
Edit:
Also:
I've made easier starting Annabelle's story
Who's that? After looking at that, I tried attacking a human settlement, but no ambush happened afterwards.

Last edited:

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
So by doing things differently I unlocked the cat scene for version 1.0 so I guess I need to know is if that scene is only possible if you slept with her on the holiday?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The quest with Danka is still not resolved, waiting for the colour change, even though that happened many ingame-weeks ago, and she can't be ordered to MC's room after Tonk said that'd be possible - though I know that scene exists. Might be related to keeping Danka immediatelybugging out the harem, and me manually adding a missing variable.
Danka's progress seems to be bugged for a lot of people in this release. Of course you editing variables may also have contributed.

I also have the same thing as mentioned above with Cat where it says to wait for other quests, yet there are none left to be completed; So following the queen on that day locks her out?
So by doing things differently I unlocked the cat scene for version 1.0 so I guess I need to k is if that scene is only possible if you slept with her on the holiday?
Yep.

Also, I assume there's nothing further with Isabelle yet after telling her she'll be protected, nor a bedroom scene with Mia?
Go talk to Tink in the barracks to deal with the gang putting the squeeze on Isabelle. After that she'll join the harem.
Bedroom scene with Mia should be available. Talk to her in the harem at noon.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Well, the alternative would have been to never enter the harem again. Adding a missing variable seemed to be the lesser evil.

Go talk to Tink in the barracks to deal with the gang putting the squeeze on Isabelle. After that she'll join the harem.
Bedroom scene with Mia should be available. Talk to her in the harem at noon.
Ok, so neither the talk option with tink nor the option to ask mia to come to the bedroom exist.
I am reasonably certain I edited none of that. So the choices I have are a corrupted file, or a dependency on the unfinish-able quest. I guess I'll try to re-download the game.

Edit: Ok, besides isa, anna, and mia, is there a way to force-finish Danka's quest line? Just playing through it obviously wasn't enough, and I want to see if that causes the other issues.
Edit: I've installed the modpack, as that was faster to download, and it certainly fixed the issues with isa and mia. Also danka, excluding her still unfinishable quest.

Last edited:
Reactions: gregers
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes