Recouper

Jan 6, 2019
Because there is a war going on that is affecting everything in the dev's life, including his ability to get paid for this, and his family's lives. So, the ending was not what he wanted, and he had hoped to go back and expand it, but everything is kind of crashing around him. So, sadly, that doesn't seem likely, at least not any time soon.

We don't hear from him much, but he is worried about getting drafted on top of everything else, and having to go fight his family and friends. So, some things just had to take a backseat. :cry:
Dude, I'm super sorry to hear that. And it really does answer my question, like a diesel locomotive coming through my front door.
I hope he's going to be ok. Poor chap.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Well, it shows that real-life impacted the game's development. Still, it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, and not because the ending is bleak. No, instead it's because the ending is dumb. Several attempts on your life, nothing's done. You have confirmation (several times, even) of who's working behind the scenes to sabotage everything, nothin's done. You even know that the queen herself is having doubts as to who she can trust, learn that she was planning on marrying MC and all, yet still don't try to take the saboteur down with her help.

That's just one thing but there's so much more. The gay couple, you get the choice to save them, then to later not to shoot at one another. Turns out it doesn't matter one bit, you never see them again. Same with the commander and the novel writer, hiring them does nothing as they disappear off the face of the earth. In the end you finally capture Kleo and nothing comes out of it. You can shoot another traitor during that scene, nothing comes out of it.

Worst of all, all those preparations you've made to gather soldiers and be ready to fight the horde? They hardly matter. Just have the tank instawin one side, send reinforcements to the other side and that's it. That's the "final battle". Everything else is just cutscenes. Even when you fight the leader of the horde, it's just a cutscene. I had 10k in bank, hundreds of people... none of it mattered.

Same with the choice of who to marry at the end. Only difference is one render. Nothing else, not even text. Now I can understand rushing the ending to get something out in case something bad happens IRL. But that still was a huge letdown. All this intrigue to be instantly brushed aside by the arrival of the horde. Yet despite that, despite repeated failures after failures, the queen still doesn't listen to MC's advice who, on the other hand, has achieved repeated victories and is clearly competent. She even acknowledges this, so... this just feels like tossing an Idiot Ball her way for the sake of moving the plot toward a certain grim conclusion. It doesn't feel satisfying at all.

Really hope that rushed ending gets corrected into something decent at least. Time will tell, I suppose.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, it shows that real-life impacted the game's development. Still, it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, and not because the ending is bleak. No, instead it's because the ending is dumb. Several attempts on your life, nothing's done. You have confirmation (several times, even) of who's working behind the scenes to sabotage everything, nothin's done. You even know that the queen herself is having doubts as to who she can trust, learn that she was planning on marrying MC and all, yet still don't try to take the saboteur down with her help.

That's just one thing but there's so much more. The gay couple, you get the choice to save them, then to later not to shoot at one another. Turns out it doesn't matter one bit, you never see them again. Same with the commander and the novel writer, hiring them does nothing as they disappear off the face of the earth. In the end you finally capture Kleo and nothing comes out of it. You can shoot another traitor during that scene, nothing comes out of it.

Worst of all, all those preparations you've made to gather soldiers and be ready to fight the horde? They hardly matter. Just have the tank instawin one side, send reinforcements to the other side and that's it. That's the "final battle". Everything else is just cutscenes. Even when you fight the leader of the horde, it's just a cutscene. I had 10k in bank, hundreds of people... none of it mattered.

Same with the choice of who to marry at the end. Only difference is one render. Nothing else, not even text. Now I can understand rushing the ending to get something out in case something bad happens IRL. But that still was a huge letdown. All this intrigue to be instantly brushed aside by the arrival of the horde. Yet despite that, despite repeated failures after failures, the queen still doesn't listen to MC's advice who, on the other hand, has achieved repeated victories and is clearly competent. She even acknowledges this, so... this just feels like tossing an Idiot Ball her way for the sake of moving the plot toward a certain grim conclusion. It doesn't feel satisfying at all.

Really hope that rushed ending gets corrected into something decent at least. Time will tell, I suppose.
Well, life was falling apart around him while that part was being done, friends and family being killed, and so on, so give the guy a break. He may manage to make it back to this one, but at this point, I am not going to hold my breath on it. He is worried about getting drafted or worse right now, so it's hard to work on some stuff. Especially when nukes are a real possibility in this bullshit.

• Sad
Reactions: Recouper and Solak

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Well, life was falling apart around him while that part was being done, friends and family being killed, and so on, so give the guy a break. He may manage to make it back to this one, but at this point, I am not going to hold my breath on it. He is worried about getting drafted or worse right now, so it's hard to work on some stuff. Especially when nukes are a real possibility in this bullshit.
Oh yeah I'm aware, I read your previous posts. But it's especially important during tough times to have a goal, something to look toward to to give you hope for the future. Anyway I'm not holding my breath either (which is why I finished the game now) but I doubt he himself is satisfied with the end result so who knows?

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh yeah I'm aware, I read your previous posts. But it's especially important during tough times to have a goal, something to look toward to to give you hope for the future. Anyway I'm not holding my breath either (which is why I finished the game now) but I doubt he himself is satisfied with the end result so who knows?
No, he isn't but the topic is pretty unappealing to him right now, and he is trying to move forward as best he can, all things said. I have always hoped that he would be able to go back to it, but that looks less and less likely right now. There is a demo of his new game idea, if you want to look at it, but again, I would not expect a lot of fast progress on it either right now. All we can do, is hope for this nightmare to end, so we can help them rebuild.

Reactions: Solak

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Are they going to have a continuation or another version to this game?
Not as things stand right now. He was trying to work on a new game, but the war is making that difficult for him.
That said, I can't rule it out in the future, as anything is possible, assuming things get better over there (hopefully soon).

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
It's mentioned a few times in this thread; he's Russian with family in Ukraine.
I bet that's confusing right now. I bet he's have a conflict on the inside. I bet he doesn't know which side to choose. I just wish EVERYONE EVERYWHERE would just get alone and stop the wars. We have more important things to worry about then wars.

Altair1243

Aug 17, 2019
The resource "system" in this game is so bad it's unbelievable. Yeah, it's the fricking apocalypse, but even the "antidote" which is supposed to be extremely profitable (the biggest in the entire city, supposedly) only sells on average for like 15 coins profit.... If your most profitable industry only turns the cost of 1/4 a slave this is stating something very ridiculous about the balance

Edit: Oh yeah, let's not forget the near-constant ~80% "taxes" you get imposed because the dev obviously knew without that you would literally never have to worry about the economy. Let's just not balance it and f*ck the player into monotony because "reasons"

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The resource "system" in this game is so bad it's unbelievable. Yeah, it's the fricking apocalypse, but even the "antidote" which is supposed to be extremely profitable (the biggest in the entire city, supposedly) only sells on average for like 15 coins profit.... If your most profitable industry only turns the cost of 1/4 a slave this is stating something very ridiculous about the balance

Edit: Oh yeah, let's not forget the near-constant ~80% "taxes" you get imposed because the dev obviously knew without that you would literally never have to worry about the economy. Let's just not balance it and f*ck the player into monotony because "reasons"
"Reasons" being that the preferred way (by the dev) to run the economy is not an economy minigame but raiding with your soldiers. Some more tweaks for the economy itself (like further tax reduction) were probably planned but cancelled when the whole project was cut short.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
"Reasons" being that the preferred way (by the dev) to run the economy is not an economy minigame but raiding with your soldiers. Some more tweaks for the economy itself (like further tax reduction) were probably planned but cancelled when the whole project was cut short.
Also, the taxes were reduced as you progress. There were several events that lowered what you have to pay. Some of that 80% was blackmail, and some of it is paying your people, IIRC.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
I mean they toke the house of the pig his probably had a lot of money in his Bedroom :sneaky: right ... screenshot0002.png :cautious:and here plan go to WC FOAHSHASHHSH

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 57 Votes