yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Weekly Status Update: The good news is that I think I've found Olivia's face. The bad news is that there's a violent coup going on in Myanmar.
The progress with writing has been slow, I've written bits of the prologue but with my college profs doing a hammer and anvil maneuver with the practicals and term papers I really don't get a lot of time to do the writing. Probably need to cut down on playing total war. And don't worry about the awkward lighting and shadows here. Lighting is clearly a tough thing to master in Daz and it'll take me a month to start creating decent renders
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are you still in communications with AgentGames? If he has all of the characters and assets used in his daz files, and he is willing to share that information with you then it would be much easier and more accurate.

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Are you still in communications with AgentGames? If he has all of the characters and assets used in his daz files, and he is willing to share that information with you then it would be much easier and more accurate.
Oh I know but for one thing, he hasn't been online since 23rd, secondly, he has made it clear that he doesn't want to see the game continued, thirdly if he wanted to share info me, he would've done so when the monthly payout happens (assuming he hasn't paused the billing cycle yet.) and finally and most importantly, I don't really want to talk to him.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Oh I know but for one thing, he hasn't been online since 23rd, secondly, he has made it clear that he doesn't want to see the game continued, thirdly if he wanted to share info me, he would've done so when the monthly payout happens (assuming he hasn't paused the billing cycle yet.) and finally and most importantly, I don't really want to talk to him.
That's messed up. Did he even give you a heads up this was going to happen? It shows that he never really cared about the project, or about the game supporters or fans. He has literally done everything possible to burn it down. If he cared at least a little bit he would have made his leaving the project cause as little damage to you as possible. Including the following:

-Give you some notice. At least a couple of weeks before he is gone so that you can have a heads up and look for a replacement.
-Provide you information about the assets
-Mention you are taking over on patreon & link to your new patreon

The way he did it was not like "I'm moving out of the house. Here is the keys buddy. I can't help with the rent anymore." Which sucks... It was more like, "I don't like this house. I don't want to live there anymore, and I'm gonna light it on fire before I leave. Fuck off."

Hang in there.

Jose66642

Apr 7, 2021
with my college profs doing a hammer and anvil maneuver with the practicals and term papers I really don't get a lot of tim
hi :) ima big fan of the game, is there a way we can help you to continue and finisht the game? i really want to see the sotry finished

Grelk

lol
Donor
Sep 11, 2018
wow hadn't checked up on this one in awhile. sad to see what was becoming one of my favorite AVNs get this kinda treatment :(

Reactions: yihman1

rickbrook

Dec 23, 2018
Okay, I've slept a little since last night and first things first, I feel like I should clear up a few things.
1. While Sznuk provided many reasons, upon pressing, the main reason of him leaving is that he simply cannot work on the game any longer.
2. He locked me out of Patreon the moment he told me that he was leaving yesterday, which gave me no way of clearing the air with the long-term patrons. Few of whom had given more than a hundred dollars to this game.
3. He believes since renders are all his and the concept, however rudimentary, was created by his friend, I have no "legal right" to the game. Keep in mind that this is despite me writing almost all of the Patreon posts, creating opportunities for cross-promo and, well, writing almost the entirety of the fucking game.
4. Despite me giving multiple ways to continue the game, he has made it clear that he simply doesn't want to see the game continued in any way shape or from. However, he is okay with me starting from scratch with different but similar characters.

Now in light of all this, there are three announcements I want to make.
1. I've decided that will continue creating the game on my own. That doesn't mean I want to see the abandoned tag removed just yet because as Sznuk is adamant about not giving his permission to continue creating the game, Rich is reluctant to join the team. That means I have to not only do the writing but also the coding and creating the renders. So simply put, I don't know the sheer amount of work that will actually be required in doing all of this. Especially since my experience with Daz is not only extremely amateurish but also the fact that I only have a 2060 mobile so it'll take me almost twice as long to create the same render.
2. I won't be continuing the NTR path of the game simply because I can't do it and not take like 2 more years to finish the game. The reason I've fought adamantly to continue NTR in the game was that I didn't want to disappoint the most loyal patrons but the most loyal patrons have already been disappointed the most. I might give it a semblance of an end AFTER I am done with the base game but it's not a certainty. From now on each update will probably take some four months. Especially since my understanding of Daz is extremely basic. I started learning about the software a few days earlier because I was going to make a small game named "School Dreams 4: An ode to Goblinboy" as a side project that I'd have released here for free but that idea is now on hold indefinitely. I've linked my first render to show you guys the level of my skill currently so you can expect how bad the renders will end up looking. Note that it utilizes very default models because I genuinely don't know what I am doing.
3. The game will be released here for free. With what has just happened I know I can't seriously expect for anyone to actually pay for the game. Money was never the first reason why I was creating the game. Of course, it was not a non-issue but just not the primary one. So I'll be creating this game for free from now on. I am guessing the biggest reason Sznuk didn't want to see the game continued was that he didn't want someone else to reap the benefits of his own hard work. This way that doesn't happen but the game doesn't get axed either.
So yeah tl; dr: The game's renders from now on will be shit, there will be no NTR but the game will trudge on at a very slow pace.
And it will be free as it has always been here, now just officially.
As much as I hate it, the game will continue WITHOUT Sznuk's approval.
man i just... you see it through and we'll all be here supporting you okay? if not financially then emotionally! you are a good person. Its a shame that shitty things happen to people like you but just trust the process and us okay?
Wish you all the best and godspeed!

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
i would recommend that you change the game name
I see where you're coming from with that but I think I'll stick with it. When Sznuk said I don't legally own the game I'm pretty sure he meant I don't have a "moral" rights to the game. The argument is pretty absurd and I'm not sure where he was going with it but yeah, he doesn't have any legal grounds to claim sole ownership of the game.
But if you think the title itself is not that great, well, so do I but gotta work with what one has.
hi :) ima big fan of the game, is there a way we can help you to continue and finisht the game? i really want to see the sotry finished
Well, stay tuned for the updates, join the discord. You can't support the game financially yet because there is no game to support rn.

MiZtyl

Apr 20, 2019
I see where you're coming from with that but I think I'll stick with it. When Sznuk said I don't legally own the game I'm pretty sure he meant I don't have a "moral" rights to the game. The argument is pretty absurd and I'm not sure where he was going with it but yeah, he doesn't have any legal grounds to claim sole ownership of the game.
But if you think the title itself is not that great, well, so do I but gotta work with what one has.

Well, stay tuned for the updates, join the discord. You can't support the game financially yet because there is no game to support rn.
Hi, Sihil.
Too bad to hear about your problem. We did a cross-promotion last year. But now you have a new page. When you're ready to launch the game again, and if you want, we can do the cross-promotion again to make people know Lord of Imagination is still alive and is being developed by you. I think everyone will be eager to support you.
Hope everything will be fine.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018

First the name is not very good. Second, you would need something to seperate the old LOI and the new remake/continuation you're making. Also having a new name, you can have a proper thread for your game. It would be good if you include in your patreon the discord channel. This thread also using the old discord.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Sihil

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2017
Hi, Sihil.
Too bad to hear about your problem. We did a cross-promotion last year. But now you have a new page. When you're ready to launch the game again, and if you want, we can do the cross-promotion again to make people know Lord of Imagination is still alive and is being developed by you. I think everyone will be eager to support you.
Hope everything will be fine.
Thanks man, I remember your game. I'll contact you once I have something.
First the name is not very good. Second, you would need something to seperate the old LOI and the new remake/continuation you're making. Also having a new name, you can have a proper thread for your game. It would be good if you include in your patreon the discord channel. This thread also using the old discord.
Agreed with both points but it's not going to be a remake. The renders up to episode 4 will be the same. About the links, I've sent moderators a message about it but they haven't replied so I don't know, I'll hit them up again, I guess

Jul 25, 2020
if you really want to change the name, i suggest using Re:Imagine

or something involving imagination, since the game is about that.

otherwise the name is fine as it is, maybe retune it to Master of Imagination or Imagination Lord if its about a trademark issue or something and you are forced to change it.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
if you really want to change the name, i suggest using Re:Imagine

or something involving imagination, since the game is about that.

otherwise the name is fine as it is, maybe retune it to Master of Imagination or Imagination Lord if its about a trademark issue or something and you are forced to change it.
Lord of Re:Imagination...is not bad imo

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Lord of Re-Imagination

"Re-imagining what was almost completed once before"

4.10 star(s) 33 Votes