Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
The structure of the story will be the same. Mostly each episode will be bigger with more character interactions with each other. Let me give you a concrete example. In episode 1, the MC will be at rock bottom and he'll have the altercation with Carl as in the original version. One big difference would be that MC would not be dating Olivia. It's one of the things I didn't like about the first episode. Here our MC is supposed to be miserable and yet he has a supportive and frankly, smoking hot girlfriend. So in the reboot, he'll have broken up with Olivia and we'll start with a dropped out, alone, minimum wage worker of an MC who lives with his *ahem* landlady because for one thing, he can't afford to do otherwise and secondly because Sara is very sick. This would be the starting point.
But don't worry about the reboot just yet. It'll be a while before the spin-off gets finished.
I dont get it .. so this game is abandoned, but there will be a reboot/spin-off?
I am just cleaning up my excel files and game files - so I am confused. :(

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I dont get it .. so this game is abandoned, but there will be a reboot/spin-off?
I am just cleaning up my excel files and game files - so I am confused. :(
The game had a primary dev, and went through several people from a writing and coding point of view. (I joined the team late as their replacement coder.)

The primary dev then decided he didn't want to continue, which left the current effort abandoned.

Sihil, who did some of the more recent writing, has decided to step up to prevent it from dying completely. He's doing a spin-off story first, as it's a less ambitious project and he wants to gain experience in some of the areas (like rendering) that old primary dev used to handle. (A very wise approach, I think.)

Once he's done that, he plans to reboot the original story, although, as he described above, he wants to improve on some things that were established in the game before he came on board as writer.

So, you could kind of say that the current story is in limbo pending a restart.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
The game had a primary dev, and went through several people from a writing and coding point of view. (I joined the team late as their replacement coder.)

The primary dev then decided he didn't want to continue, which left the current effort abandoned.

Sihil, who did some of the more recent writing, has decided to step up to prevent it from dying completely. He's doing a spin-off story first, as it's a less ambitious project and he wants to gain experience in some of the areas (like rendering) that old primary dev used to handle. (A very wise approach, I think.)

Once he's done that, he plans to reboot the original story, although, as he described above, he wants to improve on some things that were established in the game before he came on board as writer.

So, you could kind of say that the current story is in limbo pending a restart.
Thanks for the heads up, I had downloaded a prior version of this game a while back and was deciding on whether is was worth still playing or not. The premise sounds like it could be interesting and that maybe I should just consider coming back when the spin off story is released and hopefully we'll get a decision on whether the reboot is happening or not.

jags25655

Nov 18, 2021
Ugh. Just as it was starting to get interesting. What are the odds for this game getting revived? Also, what are the odds for this game to get revived with NTR?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1641540538622.png
Status Update (02-01-2021)
I'll just release a shorter episode zero meant only for the patrons and the people on discord. So either way, there will be an update this month.

Best piece of news and better advice for anyone in 2022 - Keep it simple!

Have yourself one MC, focus on the bit of story your feel burning to come out,
render the action and reuse good looking babe renders for exposition and
all the boring dialogue you feel the need to bloat the game with,
then let all the action flow with all your best renders and best models.

Reactions: Lovv99

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1641540971759.png

I didn't know how to give a concise introduction of characters without making it feel hamfisted and now I do.

At first, I was thinking about giving a really short update but as things stand, the first update will be less of a demo and more of an episode 1 which will have a structure so I'm happy about that.

And finally, now that I have resumed work, I should have a good estimate of how long it would take till the first update. I should have a decent idea by the status update of next week.

Oh and this is a character reveal. She's obviously inspired by Yennefer. Let's call her Jenn for now. She is one of the few woman mob bosses and one of the even fewer mob bosses whose empire is entirely legitimate, a fact she takes huge pride in. On the surface, she has a fulfilling life but she's having doubts about her marriage. That's, predictably, where the MC swoops in.

PS: I was pretty pleased with how this render came out at first, the expressions and lighting were better than I had hoped for and the pose- then I noticed the pose. As soon as I set up the pose I made a mental note to take care of the clipping with the left hand and then I completely forgot about it as I tinkered with the expressions. I know, fuck me, right? I probably would've redone the damn thing anyway as I'm not sold on the wardrobe. What do you think about her attire?

Xypher

May 1, 2017
It wouldn't be enough to just find a partner. I have to find reliable partner, like say, Rich. I've been burnt twice already so I'd rather get a good grip of the workflow before I start looking for partners.
This is not a massive spoiler but yeah of course he'll get back with her.
Good to know there is a chance for MC to get back together with Olivia, I like there relationship in the original w/ Olivia being supportive of MC.

Also I hope the spin-off will have more Mind Control options, good and evil routes or choices.

The game will definitely get revived; just don't ask me when. As for getting revived with NTR, almost certainly not.
Good to know NTR ain't coming back. Though I wonder if the other kinks tagged here would still remain in the spin-off.

Last edited:

Lovv99

Aug 25, 2020
I like almost everything in this game, but only thing I dont is the fact that half of scenes are not animated.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This is not a massive spoiler but yeah of course he'll get back with her.
I think your idea for the starting status of the MC is great. If I can offer a suggestion... it would be awesome if the route splits for the GF in the way they get back together. One is the normal way, showing her your self improvement and winning her heart back. The other would be the revenge kind of way... by abusing our mind control powers.

This route split fits like a glove if your plan is to go for the love vs control theme. A simpy mind control vs dominating mind control route split could work too, but I think that's thematically weaker. Anyways, you probably thought about all this, but I just wanted to drop my 2 cents.

Edit:
Oh, and there will inevitably be players who want to cut ties with her completely for "betraying" them or something. I think it would be wise to not cave to that demand since it would require creating a whole new branch, especially if you have plans to make the GF a plot centric character.

Oh, to make the MC an asshole mind controller if he seeks revenge, the GF should be totally reasonable when initiating the break up. MC became distant, moody, self loathing, cynical, etc etc, and she just couldn't deal with it anymore. So if the MC mind controls her, he is clearly being a bad guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sihil and daz2510
4.10 star(s) 33 Votes