esoom

Sep 6, 2017
You really need to play the tutorial.
How does that help? It does not explain what the point of the number is or how reputation is calculated from the topics.

Also on another note how comes the +Charisma is not counted in both Athlete and Persuader starts, Physique and Charm says +1 Appearance and you start with either lvl1 Fitness or lvl1 Charisma which says +1 Appearance... but if you look at your stats is says 1(1) :unsure:.

It seems like the stats from the starting skills are not added. If you edit the save so the skill is 99xp then level it up it adds charisma.

So gonna guess the skills you start with with don't add to the stats, is that a feature or a bug?

If it's intended then that makes the Gamer start have more bonuses then the others. As you can get +4 Appearance from the skills the same as the others, plus you can max out smarts.

Last edited:

tinman18

Dec 27, 2018
How does that help?
The tutorial explains most of what you are asking.

It does not explain what the point of the number is or how reputation is calculated from the topics.
The number is how much a character's skill in a given topic improve.
Reputation is not related to a topic.

Also on another note how comes the +Charisma is not counted in both Athlete and Persuader starts, the skill says +1 Appearance and you start with either lvl1 Fitness or lvl1 Charisma which says +1 Appearance... but if you look at your stats is says 1(1) :unsure:.

It seems like the stats from the starting skills are not added. If you edit the save so the skill it's 99xp then level it up it adds charisma.
So gonna guess the skills you start with with don't add to the stats, is that a feature or a bug?
Right.
If it's intended then that makes the Gamer start have more bonuses then the others.

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
I think you need to unlock a location from downtown first, like the gym with fitness rank 1
I picked the athlete starting package, so my fitness was already 1. I increased it to 2 before looking to go downtown (to work at the gym).

I think what may be happening is that the "Gym Unlocked" command isn't executing during the opening sequence (where you're watching the MC in jail and all your starting bonuses are appearing in the upper left hand corner). I just tried a new game now, and "Gym Unlocked" doesn't appear in those bonuses, even though starting fitness is 1 and it should be.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Topic of sexual conquest What do I have to do to get it?
In one of the sex mini-games, make her orgasm 3 (or more) times.
I picked the athlete starting package, so my fitness was already 1. I increased it to 2 before looking to go downtown (to work at the gym).

I think what may be happening is that the "Gym Unlocked" command isn't executing during the opening sequence (where you're watching the MC in jail and all your starting bonuses are appearing in the upper left hand corner). I just tried a new game now, and "Gym Unlocked" doesn't appear in those bonuses, even though starting fitness is 1 and it should be.
Out of curiosity, was that a new game from start-up or after going back to menu?
IIrc, Unity doesn't clear memory when loading a save (or starting a new game), so data from an older save might interfere.
So it's best to restart the program, then start a new game.

• Love
Reactions: nikorasx

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
Out of curiosity, was that a new game from start-up or after going back to menu?
I don't remember what it was originally, but I just did a new game from startup and the problem persists: Even though I picked an athlete and have fitness 1, the gym doesn't unlock, and I don't have the option to go downtown when MC steps out front.

IIrc, Unity doesn't clear memory when loading a save (or starting a new game), so data from an older save might interfere.
So it's best to restart the program, then start a new game.
I appreciate the suggestion, but it didn't work. As I said, I was able to "trick" the game into unlocking the gym by loading an old save, then loading the new one again. Of course, that also unlocked Livestreaming, which I'm not supposed to have yet in this new playthrough.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
I understood what the tutorial was saying, it just makes no sense, the number on the bottom right during an interaction does not relate to skill EXP or reputation, all it seems to to add and subtract 3 if a topic is good or bad, sometimes it adds 4 (unsure why) maybe I'm just stupid for not understanding what the number means.

Skills seem to improve by 3EXP per topic /skill (both yours and the other person), but the game tallies the number of all skills topics combined including the negative (which does not effect you skill increase at all).

The reputation does seem to be calculated from the skills within a topic, each good one gives +3 reputation if the topic is not banned, if banned it's a flat -5.

The second thing (nothing to do with the other thing), was just wondering if those game starts (athlete, persuader) were supposed to be 2 Appearance, because the description makes it sound like it should be 2 but you start with 1.

The Gamer start does not start with any stat bonuses from skills, but +1 Appearance is added when you unlock the same skills the others start with. I have a feeling it's a bug because the skill increase is incremented from gaining levels, but you don't gain a level when you start with the skill.

Makes the Gamer start have more bonuses than the others, you can get the same amount of Appearance with Gamer as with Athlete if you unlock everything which I don't think is right.

Edit:
I just noticed the +5 Focus from the Videogame skill is not counted from Gamer start, you start with 30 the same as all the other starts... this must be a bug.

Last edited:

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I'm trying to transition Becky to Narcissistic Sister. I think I got the intoxication levels right, get 7 minutes of heaven with Sally, but the transition doesn't happen. What else do I need to do?

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
I updated the cheat mod for the newest game version (at the time of writing, Loser_v0.10.01_PC64x, it *should* work for future versions until the dev changes something fundamental)

Press C to open it in-game. Num1 to jump to page 1, Num2 for page 2. Shortcuts can be edited in config.

I tweaked some things from the original mod for better use according to my personal preferences:
- changed hotkeys, labeled hotkeys wherever possible
- added features like hold CTRL to speed up 5x (this makes scene transitions happen faster, like buying stuff on PC or getting a lot of topics at once)
- change any character to any AT (this cant ruin your game, but be mindful of what you're doing.. works in any direction, so yes this allows you to downgrade ATs even though it's not possible with normal gameplay, if you wanna go back and view scenes)
- improved time skip, added skip 24h
- added infinite/manual editing room cleanliness
- added infinite topic limit
- added options to gain a specific topic, or to get a random topic for selected tag, with filter for easier searching
- added config file
- added bailout option move to Your Room to help if you're stuck in a bugged scene
- added xp multiplier for player and npc skill gains (not 100% clean, since it modifies the base XP gained and does not affect modifiers. for example, player xp modifier is x2, you gain 3 exp through an interaction, and get a 5xp beginner's luck bonus, you end up with 3*2 + 5 xp)
- added toggle for restoring permanent topics back to the hotbar, if consumed during a conversation (not really a cheat, just a convenience thing I like so I dont have to redo hotbar after each conversation - probably useless once the game allows for saving and loading of hotbars)

Also changed how infinite arousal works, previously, you just could not lose arousal, but still gain it. Which means, eventually you reach max, and in sex minigames, you cum instantly. Now, arousal is always set to half of your max arousal, so you can play the sex minigame as long as you want. To view the cumming scene, you have to turn off infinite arousal and let it build up. (I just think it works better like this)

In addition, the mod now has a config file. It remembers the toggles and setting you used, and also, you can edit hotkeys directly in file, or use a tool like

Technical explanation for 'Reload location after timeskip (default: F5)' toggle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 3127534 View attachment 3127536

Tested only in 64 Bit game version.

Download
It seems the GurlPwer topic don't do anything in the cheat mod when you click on it, and a minor niggle but is there any chance you can remove the daily 1 time actions?

Drug dealing
Exercising in the park by yourself/with Gina
Meditating in the park
Loitering in the park
Working at the cloth/gym store
Researching topics on your computer (OCD option) not really needed to be unblocked since you added the new get topic option already in the mod.

Not 1 time action, but there's a daily limit:
Watching TV, playing games in the living room. (This one is most useful in the early Gina route as you can miss her when she's coming back from the bar at night, if you are locked out of either options).
Blogging about yourself in your room (OCD option)
Bathroom vanity options (OCD option)

Thanks for your work on the mod 7493349837893.

May 31, 2019
It seems the GurlPwer topic don't do anything in the cheat mod when you click on it, and a minor niggle but is there any chance you can remove the daily 1 time actions?

Drug dealing
Exercising in the park by yourself/with Gina
Meditating in the park
Loitering in the park
Working at the cloth/gym store
Researching topics on your computer (OCD option) not really needed to be unblocked since you added the new get topic option already in the mod.

Not 1 time action, but there's a daily limit:
Watching TV, playing games in the living room. (This one is most useful in the early Gina route as you can miss her when she's coming back from the bar at night, if you are locked out of either options).
Blogging about yourself in your room (OCD option)
Bathroom vanity options (OCD option)

Thanks for your work on the mod 7493349837893.

gurlpower is a tag, and there is just no topics yet made with that tag, that's why the button doesnt do anything

for reseting daily actions, I added this and updated the cheat mod post

https://f95zone.to/threads/loser-v0-10-02-night-city-productions.34576/post-12177551

1702887469362.png

here is the current implementation, let me know if I missed any actions

• Love
Reactions: john1230

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
How can I increase this skill? View attachment 3184686
Early game, mostly through 'sleep sex'.
Gina on Fri/Sat nights when she comes home drunk and passes out in your lap.... do the immoral thing :devilish:
Diane, when she passes out in her room.

I *think* I heard about another method (something on the PC? :unsure: )being added in V9 or V10. But can't point you too it, I haven't played since V8.
I figure I'll get to a fresh run soon(ish).

Reactions: nikorasx

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
gurlpower is a tag, and there is just no topics yet made with that tag, that's why the button doesnt do anything

for reseting daily actions, I added this and updated the cheat mod post

https://f95zone.to/threads/loser-v0-10-02-night-city-productions.34576/post-12177551

View attachment 3184134

here is the current implementation, let me know if I missed any actions
Thank you for adding my request 7493349837893. I will test it and report back if I find anything.

Charlie's (Neighbour) sun tanning and photo session at the weekend is missed from the unblocking mode, she doesn't have much content currently so no big deal here.

I want to also ask is it possible to add a permanent (true/false) option to unblock the action without pushing the "r/reset menu button"?

The time skip option is mostly fine but some scene takes place at 23:00 and ends pass 00:00 making it the next day, so skipping back to 23:00 on the previous day is not possible. A day changing option would help as skipping 24hrs at a time gets a little tedious.

You don't have to do anything here, I'm just mention it for quality of life options for future consideration.

Thank you 7493349837893.

Last edited:

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
I understood what the tutorial was saying, it just makes no sense, the number on the bottom right during an interaction does not relate to skill EXP or reputation, all it seems to to add and subtract 3 if a topic is good or bad, sometimes it adds 4 (unsure why) maybe I'm just stupid for not understanding what the number means.
The number just needs to be positive in order to gain relationship and exp. How positive doesn't matter for the exp. But If it is negative you lose relationship and there is no exp gain. The exp gain is affected by how many times you use topics that are related to the skill/interest, not the score of the conversation. The conversation skills you can get (I forget their names) also impact exp gain from conversations.

As far as how much is added to the number in the bottom right, don't worry too much about how it is calculated and just follow these rule:

-Always use at least 2 topics they have a positive opinion of.
-Use no more than 1 topic they have no opinion on. This should be reserved for a topic that gives them exp in the interest you need them to gain.
-Never use a topic they have a negative opinion of.

Following these rules will ensure you have a positive score for the conversation.

That is how I always do it and how I remember it working. But it has been more than a month or two since I played last, so I apologize if any of that is wrong.

May 31, 2019
The number just needs to be positive in order to gain relationship and exp. How positive doesn't matter for the exp. But If it is negative you lose relationship and there is no exp gain.
Wrong, with ranks in some skills you gain + relationship for certain topics. This way, you can get skill exp even with -1 or -2 red number during conversations. This is where the confusion comes from.

Reactions: memelman

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Wrong, with ranks in some skills you gain + relationship for certain topics. This way, you can get skill exp even with -1 or -2 red number during conversations. This is where the confusion comes from.
Yup, I initially thought you had to have a positive number on that screen to gain XP / relation, that's why I brought this up in the first place.

Also you don't even need any ranks in anything in order to make the whole number pointless, if you have a topic with 2 things someone likes in it it still only counts as +3, when it should be +6.

Then you have the tags that are not specifically liked or disliked that are part of a skill that is liked, that gains +1.

Gives me a headache trying to work out the outcome of a conversation while trying to maximise XP gains.

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
Yup, I initially thought you had to have a positive number on that screen to gain XP / relation, that's why I brought this up in the first place.

Also you don't even need any ranks in anything in order to make the whole number pointless, if you have a topic with 2 things someone likes in it it still only counts as +3, when it should be +6.

Then you have the tags that are not specifically liked or disliked that are part of a skill that is liked, that gains +1.

Gives me a headache trying to work out the outcome of a conversation while trying to maximise XP gains.
I am pretty sure It is the number of topics that have that interest/skill that matter, not how many times that interest/skill occurs in a single topic.

If the same skill/interest is on a topic twice, it still only counts for 1 topic with that skill/interest. The same goes for how that topic affects the conversation score. Having 2 or 3 things they like in the topic is no different than just having 1 thing they like in the topic.

3 topics with that skill/interest in it is the way to maximize XP gains. The different conversation skills (again, I don't remember their names off the top of my head) also increase the XP gain.

Depending on how hard it is to farm the topics you need, it isn't necessarily more efficient to stack them all in the same conversation. If it is hard to get then using only 1 per conversation will get you more exp per topic, IIRC, because two topics with the skill/interest in a conversation isn't twice the exp.

3.00 star(s) 112 Votes