VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 77 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well, MC wasn't mean to be mr. Nice Guy from beginning, he thinks with his dick. But his wife is also written to be a drunk bitch. The dynamics works. But they love each other in their way. I think Kailey is there to disrupt this. But the process with bonding with her is rushed, probably 2-3 episodes.
But Kailey isn't just an innocent girl with big eyes, she knows how the world spins, how to get what she wants. I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't his daughter at all. (I didn't play the last version yet, in last version they weren't sure...)
I actually think Kailey is sweet & Innocent she is definitely my favourite character
I also don't think Justine is that bad tbh

Reactions: Garen and rudy007

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The development time is short so the update. But i would suggest the dev to take more time(4-5 months) and give big updates because with this speed I don't think we will ever be able to play the ending.
It really depends on the developer and whether or not he/she has any other people working on the project with them, TBH. I mean you could have one person dedicated to the coding/scripting part, another doing the writing and one person doing the rendering/animation. But that, obviously means the dev would have to make the money to be able to support such a team.

The dev I have been working with for the past several years is a one-man-band: meaning he does it all himself (which, in some aspects makes sense). If something gets screwed up, there's no one to blame for the error except the dev. Yet he's able to produce decent enough content on schedule every month. So each dev will obviously be different in their schedules depending on the situation (such as if creating VNs/games is their main source of income or if it's just a "side job") and how much content they want to put out in every update.

The hours it takes to do all of that alone is quite intensive, not to mention mind boggling. It also depends on how they create their games and what they use. Some are using AI rendering and voice acting (which is quite impressive, I'm not gonna lie. I've seen a few examples of it in action and my gawd... it's absolutely stunning). Others use bits of animation that aren't related to sex scenes at all, like motion (movement; i.e walking, moving their head, blinking their eyes, etc...) for example. Like, if you look at some games where the characters' faces appear beside the dialog box, their eyes are blinking and the head is moving from side-to-side or up and down. It blows me away the creativity used in VNs now-a- days. I don't think I would have the patience to do all of that, if I'm being honest. :ROFLMAO:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I actually think Kailey is sweet & Innocent she is definitely my favourite character
Kailey looks so, but I'm not sure about her innocence. She had that "innocence" around their formal boss, but after she came with him home, she doesn't act so innocence any more.
MC isn't "meh"... He is horny idiot and try to fill other holes in his free time. Justine isn't of much use for him in her current state. Justine is now what we see, but I don't think she's bad, I like her.
You know how it is in the movies, you "hate" the good written negative protagonist more... They are all good written characters. I like them all.

Reactions: Yngling and Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Kailey looks so, but I'm not sure about her innocence. She had that "innocence" around their formal boss, but after she came with him home, she doesn't act so innocence any more.
MC isn't "meh"... He is horny idiot and try to fill other holes in his free time. Justine isn't of much use for him in her current state. Justine is now what we see, but I don't think she's bad, I like her.
You know how it is in the movies, you "hate" the good written negative protagonist more... They are all good written characters. I like them all.
Yeah, Its going to be interesting to see how everything fall into place eventually.

Reactions: rudy007

lukrame

Sep 25, 2020
I think justine is hot and its awesome we got more content with her. tbh im more interested in a story of the MC reparing his relationship and learning to not be a complete douchebag then banging some jailbait daughter.

Reactions: rudy007

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Please explain what she did to make you think she's toxic. If you take off your MC biased glasses for a second, you will see that her only real character flaw is her drinking problem.

If anything, the MC and Kailey are the toxic ones in this household lol. MC is a cheater and Kailey is playing some home wrecking mind games.

Interesting characters with both flaws and redeeming qualities and their interpersonal conflicts makes for a compelling story. The drama of this precarious situation is what drives this VN. This is one of the rare incest games that actually has good writing, but it seems like a lot of you guys want to turn it into another one-dimensional daddy daughter game with no stakes involved.
Wow ask me to explain and then make assumptions I am biased before I even give my explanation. Will you bother to read my explanation or will just make more assumptions about me?

First up, I was agreeing with a previous post that the wife was toxic. I didn't say that the MC or the daughter were or were not toxic, because the post I was answering only referred to the wife, who I think will turn out to be a more interesting character.

Second, I agree with you. The father (MC) knows better and his inner conflict does not excuse him for taking advantage of her. So yes he is rather toxic as well. He knows he is a toxic person and is making poor decisions despite that realisation even though he knows those decisions are wrong. I have a handful of daughters, I would never condone the MC's actions under any circumstances, but I find his inner struggle interesting but his actions reprehensible at the same time.

As for the daughter, we disagree. I don't think she is toxic, I think her character has been through hell, she is alone and very confused. She may be 18, but she is still a child in many ways. A gallant knight has rode in and saved her in a moment of utter despair and she has fallen for him. She doesn't know him, he is not a father to her, but a rescuer she has become infatuated with. She has nothing and all she can think to offer him is her body because she doesn't understand her value as a person. I find her character heart breaking.

Reactions: desmosome
Sep 3, 2020
Yeah, I know some people don't like the wife.
But I feel that the mc treats her badly.
I think If you are going to be a husband than act like one and help her for goodness sake.
That's why I'm hoping I can make the mc not an arsehole.
I actually love the wife but I don't like that the game forces us to cheat on her

especially since there were options at the beginning of the game to reject the daughter

has the developer ever addressed this inconsistency?

that's the only thing keeping me from playing the game

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I actually love the wife but I don't like that the game forces us to cheat on her

especially since there were options at the beginning of the game to reject the daughter

has the developer ever addressed this inconsistency?

that's the only thing keeping me from playing the game
No I don't think so You are pretty much forced to do stuff with her.

I could be mis remembering thing tho

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Agreed about Justine, but I think Kailey has started to show her true colours this latest update.

Also, everybody is complaining about the MC being an asshole, and I guess he kinda is, BUT he did stick up for Justine and made it clear he won't simply leave her for Kelly.

Also loved Justine's sudden motherly sentiments. It makes me keep hope for a throuple ending.

Reactions: MrBenny and Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
people who want to do the right thing in an incest game... i guess they're the kind of people who play gta without killing pedestrians :unsure:
I don't mind something wholesome and romantic like the mc making love to his maybe daughter
But he does it behind his wife's back he should just bring her into it as well
that way everybody's happy

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Agreed about Justine, but I think Kailey has started to show her true colours this latest update.

Also, everybody is complaining about the MC being an asshole, and I guess he kinda is, BUT he did stick up for Justine and made it clear he won't simply leave her for Kelly.

Also loved Justine's sudden motherly sentiments. It makes me keep hope for a throuple ending.
I personally would rather just have Kailey In a monogamous relationship
But the game might go down the throuple path we will just have to wait and see
either way it's going to be interesting to see where the story goes.

Sep 3, 2020
people who want to do the right thing in an incest game... i guess they're the kind of people who play gta without killing pedestrians :unsure:
my brother incest is not the problem

there have been many incest games that have given you the option like this game had in the beginning to

reject the daughter

the problem is those options don't do anything

and when you asked why those options were in the game to begin with you don't even get an answer

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't mind something wholesome and romantic like the mc making love to his maybe daughter
No thanks, i really can't stand the wife...i hoped we can leave her, but sadly it doesn't look like it, seeing the last update and she trying to get a kid... you can't even reject sex with her... :cautious:
So my only hope is that she finds out about the MC and his daughter and breaks up.
I just want to have a Kailey solo route, well maybe adding the cute redhead, if it doesn't involve the cumslut in any way.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Saying that's wholosome and romantic irl would put you on quite a few blacklists...:LOL::LOL:

And yes, I agree that we should include the wife, but everything in due time.

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Saying that's wholosome and romantic irl would put you on quite a few blacklists...:LOL::LOL:

And yes, I agree that we should include the wife, but everything in due time.
I actually hope there are two endings

One - with just Kailey

Two - with Kailey & Justine

Reactions: JojodoLolo

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
No thanks, i really can't stand the wife...i hoped we can leave her, but sadly it doesn't look like it, seeing the last update and she trying to get a kid... you can't even reject sex with her... :cautious:
So my only hope is that she finds out about the MC and his daughter and breaks up.
I just want to have a Kailey solo route, well maybe adding the cute redhead, if it doesn't involve the cumslut in any way.
wifey just needs to be put in her place so she can become a loving wife...

4.00 star(s) 77 Votes