VN Ren'Py Lost at Birth [Ch. 9 Part 1] [V19]

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
What are the opinions on the latest update?

My opinion:
- The fair date was very nicely done
- The the conversation with Cassidy (at the end of the date) was confusing
- The scene at home, to be fully honest, I didn't like it. It felt rushed, both from a story point of view but also as far as renders are concerned. The position was a bit weird for the occassion, as were the angles in which it was shown.

Finally, I have to say that it starts to bother me that we never see the MC's face. I understand the thinking but:
- It makes the kissing scenes weird looking
- It is not really a game for self-immersion anyway, so who cares what the MC looks like

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
So Kailey will start working at MC's workplace. I'm hoping Cassidy will catch them doing naughty things and force them doing even naughtier things :devilish:! Threesome with Justine might also be on the horizon, at least both of them standing at MC's bed implied it until it's revealed they were just shopping together.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Just started, and 5 minutes into the game hot, young women are throwing out words like "gal" and "frisky". Words that I only hear coming out of my grandfathers mouth...wtf! I get that a lot of these types of games have elderly writers but how hard is it match the age of the character to the appropriate words and phrasing typical for that age...seriously. Now when these women are speaking all I can see is my grandfather ;)))

Okay...done ranting ;) Still...unable to erase...grandpa...
You're just a frisky minx. :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: TheSidewinder

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
(And the list of games I actively follow/look forward to has drastically diminished over the last year. Could be because so many of them really are taking like at least a year to put out an update or I'm just losing interest in this stuff. Probably both. It's really hard to maintain interest when it's been so long, you can't even remember 90% of the characters, story, or why you found it interesting in the first place. Even when they do finally update, I just don't give enough of a fuck to play it anymore. LOL)

Still, you mean like around 30 minutes each chapter? Less? What's your ballpark figure?
I dunno, i never really timed it and I'm also a fast reader. Let's say 1 minute a render although's that's probably less for me and there were 199 renders in version 7 (I know because I prefer to unren/unpack my games), so somewhere around 3 hours (199 minutes). More than that if you start from an earlier save.

Reactions: allanl9020142

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
What are the opinions on the latest update?

My opinion:
- The fair date was very nicely done
- The the conversation with Cassidy (at the end of the date) was confusing
- The scene at home, to be fully honest, I didn't like it. It felt rushed, both from a story point of view but also as far as renders are concerned. The position was a bit weird for the occassion, as were the angles in which it was shown.

Finally, I have to say that it starts to bother me that we never see the MC's face. I understand the thinking but:
- It makes the kissing scenes weird looking
- It is not really a game for self-immersion anyway, so who cares what the MC looks like
Seconded about the "big scene". Especially since she was supposedly a virgin and there was no blood. I mean we need to keep it PG-13 LOL.
The conversation was meant to be cryptic. But what she meant was that she wanted to see whether Kayley had the hots for the MC and upon seeing her she realized she did. She just didn't want to tell it to the MC outright. Women love being cryptic, when they don't flat outright refuse to answer your questions.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
So Kailey will start working at MC's workplace. I'm hoping Cassidy will catch them doing naughty things and force them doing even naughtier things :devilish:! Threesome with Justine might also be on the horizon, at least both of them standing at MC's bed implied it until it's revealed they were just shopping together.
Not at his workplace (the corporation/accounting firm whatever), at the cafe with the redhead virgin barista.

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
This game's renders are amazing, but the writing feels amateurish and often very cringe, even for AVN standards
Tell me about it.

The father inner conflict is shallow as a piss boner and the daughter is just accepting.

She could been totally crazy trying (internal dialogue)to take the wife place or delusional thinking about how she did not have a father and now she is gonna be a mother and have him as a daddy for their love baby.

The potential was immense and now is just yeah, they fucked, right. Cool.
Nagging wife. The buildup, corruption is bare bones.

This made me fucking sad.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
Seconded about the "big scene". Especially since she was supposedly a virgin and there was no blood. I mean we need to keep it PG-13 LOL.
I don't think an 18-year-old (i. e. fully developed) horny (wet) virgin would bleed from first penetration. Unless the dev would still believe the myth of the pierced hymen.
Not at his workplace (the corporation/accounting firm whatever), at the cafe with the redhead virgin barista.
Ah, okay, I guess I shouldn't speedrun VN's! (Anybody else fast-clicking through the text and having to go back a few pages when a decision has to be made?)

Reactions: faramata

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Nice render and animation especially on their genitals
Yeah I really need to look at the credits to find out who does the animations, cos they're excellent. Not sure if they're made in DAZ (they might not be, DAZ is very bad at animations, unless using premade ones, and even then it has the notorious "feet will slide all over the place"), but they're better than any I've seen (the one game I can think of that had good animations was Tales from the Deep:Eve) which were made in Blender, and which sadly has been abandoned.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I don't think an 18-year-old (i. e. fully developed) horny (wet) virgin would bleed from first penetration. Unless the dev would still believe the myth of the pierced hymen.

Ah, okay, I guess I shouldn't speedrun VN's! (Anybody else fast-clicking through the text and having to go back a few pages when a decision has to be made?)
Oh please, you can't sew it back. I've heard about "physical exertion can cause it to break naturally" but that's certainly an exception. If it doesn't break, someone else did the breaking and you've been bamboozled. You're like the first in the last 15 minutes.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Anyone know how to get this game to work on Apple Silicon M2? The Mac instructions don't work because the app seems to be built for Intel, but I also can't rebuild the app since there are somehow compiling errors ("ATL Property blend is unknown at runtime") along with errors that I also can't fix

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/ch01/ch01_sc01.rpy", line 15: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch01/ch01_sc08.rpy", line 39: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch02/ch02_sc01.rpy", line 15: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch03/ch03_sc01.rpy", line 22: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch03/ch03_sc01.rpy", line 30: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch04/ch04_sc01.rpy", line 17: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch05/ch05_sc01.rpy", line 17: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

File "game/scripts/ch06/ch06_sc01.rpy", line 17: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blend "add"
               ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Tue Oct 17 22:36:30 2023
Intel or Apple Silicon should not matter. I just build a Mac version for chapter 7 with the method described in my post here https://f95zone.to/threads/lost-at-birth-ch-7-ce-steam-v19.111744/post-11048170 and it works on my M1 MBP.
I also build a Mac version using the SDK, again without problem.
I noticed that you tried to recompile the game with Ren'Py SDK 7.4.4. Chapter 7 was build with 7.4.8. If you want to go the SDK route I would advise to always use the same version as the one the game was build with. You can check this version in the file script_version.txt.

On top of all that, it appears that Gatekeeper is making life more difficult with each iteration of MacOS. I now have the habit of removing the quarantine of all apps and all its components that I download from here. Also from the SDKs before I use them from the first time.

Finally, as this post from usul_ reminded me, missing execute permissions may still bite you https://f95zone.to/threads/lost-at-birth-ch-7-ce-steam-v19.111744/post-11987244

I will update my post to reflect this.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
Oh please, you can't sew it back. I've heard about "physical exertion can cause it to break naturally" but that's certainly an exception. If it doesn't break, someone else did the breaking and you've been bamboozled. You're like the first in the last 15 minutes.
There is no breaking. The hymen isn't a "natural seal" guaranteeing the virginity, it's more like a ring. (If it was how would the period blood get out?) Bleeding is the result of a minor injury but doesn't necessarily happen.

But to get back on-topic: Does anybody have a guess if and when the situation with MC's boss gets "interesting"? The dominant/submissive response choices could lead to some nice power play with MC being either dom or sub. But so far there aren't really different scenes based on your choices.

4.00 star(s) 78 Votes