• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Is that a fresh save or are you playing an old save? It looks like the "player_name" variable got corrupted.

stargate1979

Mar 12, 2020
Is that a fresh save or are you playing an old save? It looks like the "player_name" variable got corrupted.
I started a new game. same crap. Last 2 updates.
v0.7c
-Issues fixed include missing images / animations, typos and scripting errors.
I see the dev posted this, but nothings fixed on my end

Nomad Jones

Apr 4, 2022
Or its the introduction of more possiblities in the future. Instead of making assumptions lets give Junior a chance and see where he takes this.

Reactions: zevros

Jaxom3003

Feb 5, 2021
I was having the same issue with playing 7 from a previous save went completely bonkers on the first animation after the cliffhanger ... there might be some files missing in the new version, graphics and such, I did a copy and paste from 7 into 5 and it seems to be running fine.

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
o man i had missed this one, a fun tribute/copy of MNF but man the writhing/story is way out there sometimes and super speed up, ofc that's not allways a bad thing

i do really like the models, super happy to see the main LI from lucky paradox get used (at lest she reminds me of her)

sadly i need to add this to the list of "games i can play when i get a new pc" as my pc really don't like the new renpy (100% not the devs fault, its a known issue whit renpy on older cpu's)

keep up the great work

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So, it seems to be prudent to NOT go for this update due to missing images.

Do you confirm or deny? Is there a workaround? Is it necessary to restart?

I saw a post about a fix, but I also saw that it is ineffective and the images are still missing.

Is that the case?

What happened to the images? Name was changed on the code or were they removed? Is it a matter of going to previous releases and get them or rename them?

I have the 0.6 release untouched. The images aren't in a .rpa so they are easy to replace. If anyone has a list of the missing images, I can put them in a .zip and post it here. This will NOT work if the issue is in the code and it's needed to edit their names.

Waiting for clarification.

Peace :)
I just decided to check this out (for comparison purposes) and I noticed a missing image in the early going (s1-10a) ... turned out the image name in the folder was "s1-10a copy".

Changed the name, image showed up. No clue if that's every missing image's problem, but thought I'd mention it.

(Also, it looks like a filler image, so it may not be the right image, but at least it's not missing)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
TL;DR: Out-of-context Commentary of my playthrough of the KN, with each play session separated into it's own spoiler box.

Okay. Drunk Dad: Check. Cheating girlfriend was going to marry: Check. Extremely successful woman offers job (muliple kinds)? Check.

Relevant characters introduced (so far) turned up to 11? Interesting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(this is getting a bit more than just snarky, but at least it's all in one place ...)

(I suppose considering how fast everything is moving, I shouldn't be surprised how far the story has progressed, but it still feels like it's taking longer than I expected ...)

Alright, that's it until the next release. I guess I'll start a new post for that one.

Have to say, despite all the roasting, I actually am having fun with this one, more than I expected.

Last edited:

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
in the small chance the dev reads this

there is a big spoiler, out of place pic, in the background of pic s14-156, don't know if its intentional or just a pic that was done before a story re-wright or something so i thought i just mention it

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
in the small chance the dev reads this

there is a big spoiler, out of place pic, in the background of pic s14-156, don't know if its intentional or just a pic that was done before a story re-wright or something so i thought i just mention it
Yup ... doesn't look like who I'd expect though. Looks like a trade is going to be requested ...

Wasn't one of the ones I thought it would be ... but it was the scene I thought it would be.

Last edited:

zevros

Jan 21, 2020
found this as a good distraction and retake on on another story. looking foward to seeing its future.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Wait ... that was it? That was the chapter?
That was the chapter that needed a content warning? What was the warning for???

A flashback of a post-accident scene with no blood, bruises or imminent danger? Just a body laying on the ground half-out a car window, looking like it could be a sleeping person?

Was it for the ex-husband, ex-dad, looking back with a grim expression? Was it for him running from the scene?

Was it for the replacement receptionist basically assaulting the MC? Other than her forcing the issue, that was basic vanilla sex in a game like this.

That was it! Those were the only two things that even REMOTELY CAME CLOSE to demanding a content warning ... and the previous chapter, which DIDN"T HAVE ONE, had a guy holding a knife to a woman's THROAT!

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

Oct 26, 2017
Wait ... that was it? That was the chapter?
That was the chapter that needed a content warning? What was the warning for???

A flashback of a post-accident scene with no blood, bruises or imminent danger? Just a body laying on the ground half-out a car window, looking like it could be a sleeping person?

Was it for the ex-husband, ex-dad, looking back with a grim expression? Was it for him running from the scene?

Was it for the replacement receptionist basically assaulting the MC? Other than her forcing the issue, that was basic vanilla sex in a game like this.

That was it! Those were the only two things that even REMOTELY CAME CLOSE to demanding a content warning ... and the previous chapter, which DIDN"T HAVE ONE, had a guy holding a knife to a woman's THROAT!

WHAT THE FUCK?!?
Chill. The. Fuck. Out.

IFF01

Sep 8, 2018
This is one of my favorite novels. I hope it does well and am looking for more that are similar. Well done to the creater.

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9346, in script
    player_name "(Hmmm... something feels good...)"
KeyError: 'None'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9346, in script
    player_name "(Hmmm... something feels good...)"
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1251, in __call__
    who = self.prefix_suffix("who", self.who_prefix, who, self.who_suffix)
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1172, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "F:\New\LostAndFound-0.7-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
KeyError: 'None'

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Lost & Found 0.7
Tue Sep 12 18:11:07 2023

What's the deal with this game, The last 2 updates, every other screen
I can confirm, i'm also getting these errors.

SSlayer

Nov 5, 2017
is there a way to uncap the saves set at 20 max, I can't separate my saves per characters to group them together

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Updates are approximately every three month. Updates are rather small for the amount of time spent making them I have to say. Next update expected around early December.

3.00 star(s) 25 Votes