mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Where can I find willow bull wine?
I managed to find regular wine but not that willow bull

fm109

Oct 12, 2020
The Catgirl didn't appeared in the eqiupment chest at night after I restart the game. IDK if it is a bug

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
looks nice. Will our existing selection be automatically refunded so we can reassign the skill points?
This is a development tool, currently you cannot reassign skills and traits after selecting.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Game is great, but is there a way to recruit a party member yet? Feels like I find myself greatly outnumbered all the time in this, and like I might be missing something combat wise as I am already level over my enemies but they just keep multiplying in numbers. Maybe just going about combat wrong not sure still sad I can pick a mage history but no mage gameplay. Also they can lust me but I can't lust attack them :p

Reactions: mrttao

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
A few things to answer here...

1. In general you will be able to have followers in combat in specific missions and events. The spirit of the game is kind of like this: "You need to be strong for yourself, your friends are helping you, but you need to protect them! Stand up! Be strong!"

2. The mage knoelwdge past got a new skill in 0.2, along with some new traits in the new skill tree.

3. Lust spells will be added eventually, I have it planned... The protag will learn this from the first witch follower.

I've added the enchantment system, and that's the first part of it. If you have a weapon enchanted with "arcane" element, this will potentiate the spells. Plans for future releases... A lot of things to do. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: kidderyao

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
if you can't refund existing selection then it will break older saves
In 0.2 old saves won't be compatible. The equipment/weapons class received changes, necessary polishing. Thus, the game has had a rebalance and you get more attributes per level, a little more attribute points.

Added to the new skills and traits, this should make the protag more powerful and less exp required to lvl up.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
In 0.2 old saves won't be compatible. The equipment/weapons class received changes, necessary polishing. Thus, the game has had a rebalance and you get more attributes per level, a little more attribute points.
This is a huge mistake.
This game is very grind heavy and many people have spent enormous amount of time grinding it. And now you want to just delete our saves like that? You will have a backer riot.

Also... none of the things you stated justify save incompatibility.
So what if you completely re-balanced all those things?

Just... have a script called migrate save. and have it include something like
Code:
void migrate_save()
{
if(save_version < 0.2)
{
int initial_xp = calculate_current_XP_across_all_levels();
set_level(1);
set_XP(initial_xp);
set_all_attributes_to_1();
remove_all_skills();
add_starter_perk_attributes();
set_freeAttrbiutePoints(5);
set_freeSkillPoints(1);
print("Due to changes in the engine your level, skills, and attributes have all been reset. Please click on levelup now to re-assign your initial skills and attributes as well as any additional ones you will earn from however many levelups you are entitled to with current XP");
}
set_save_version(current_version());
}
the above is in pseudocode obviously and will need to be adjusted to fit.
But will serve to reset the mechanics of the MC's skills, attributes, and levels without forcing people to lose all their progress and grinding.

player would just... click on the levelup button to immediately levelup from level 1 to whatever level they should be at (probably 4) and then assign all their stat and attribute points as needed.

edit: or heck... just roll all of the above into a "reset character" option. And then have it be
if(save_version < 0.2)
Code:
{
respec_MC();
}
with respec_MC() being a function that does all the things I listed. and will probably be reused in the future. also can allow it to be called by the user as well if they feel like they messed up their character build. Either via in game payment of currency, or via a cheat command

Last edited:

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Done, thanks for the insight. As I mentioned, you won't need to restart a new save, but you will need new items.

Side note: 0.2 focuses on exactly that, making the game less grindy/difficult.

Last edited:

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Mentioning here, I added a function to update inventory and equipped items. Now everything should be kept up to date, that is, no new saves needed.

kiba945

Apr 20, 2018
I apologize for the dumb question but will there be a chance to choose our gender in the future or will it be a male only game?

3.80 star(s) 23 Votes