D

Deleted member 1326591

It is not possible to another developer to contact veqvil and continue his work? I mean is a wonderful game and not deserve a fate like this.
It wouldn't be the same game anymore nor veqvil's. He had his chance and wasted it.

wirelessnick

May 4, 2019
I mean is so hard to contact a person in this age of technological advancement ? After contact him we could ask him what he want. Is money? I'm sure even here on f95 we could start a fund raising for him. Is sick? If I was sick I transferred gladly the torch to others.

And the possible dev could ask him about the story. For continuity.

D

Deleted member 1326591

I mean is so hard to contact a person in this age of technological advancement ? After contact him we could ask him what he want. Is money? I'm sure even here on f95 we could start a fund raising for him. Is sick? If I was sick I transferred gladly the torch to others.

And the possible dev could ask him about the story. For continuity.
He was "raising" money for almost a year and didn't do anything with it towards the development. Do you want to get scammed again?

Reactions: -Vash- and light03

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Damn i guess another one bites the dust. Lucky for us the game did not end when the sister was shot. That would have been a pretty bad cliffhanger since we could never know what happens next did she survived or not..

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Is there a keylogger in this one? It's requesting permission to capture keystrokes in other applications.

Vuynjou

Jul 3, 2019
Damn the game bit the dust, I hope someday the game will be finished,the story is very interesting and entertaining
8ce.jpg

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
He had loads of talent but could not get it together I guess. I would be happy to take over the rendering. But for this game to keep working would need Vequil to give the story he had planned to a good writer and someone who can pose as well as veq if not better. I already have my plate full of games I'm working on. Just wish I could afford to update my render rig

wirelessnick

May 4, 2019
He had loads of talent but could not get it together I guess. I would be happy to take over the rendering. But for this game to keep working would need Vequil to give the story he had planned to a good writer and someone who can pose as well as veq if not better. I already have my plate full of games I'm working on. Just wish I could afford to update my render rig
Super exciting news!!!!!! Next Steps please? Enter Patreon and help you for graphics card (or rig)?

• Love
Reactions: B-52reloaded

Moose_Tracks

Oct 12, 2017
Anyone thinking the creator used his game as some kind of a money grab failed to see just how he conducted himself and LaS as a whole. Early on (meaning several updates after the demo), Veq himself was often the one to upload the game here (on release day) for all to dabble in, free of charge. He just wanted people to enjoy his work, and if you liked what was offered and wished to support him after, all the better. I believe he considered it a bonus rather than a requirement to continue progressing with the game. Perhaps a bit naive, but Veq was an optimist and a great dude overall.

And I'm actually curious to know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but seeing this game picked up by anyone other than Veq himself just wouldn't feel right. Someone could get the broad strokes correct if they were privy to the direction of the story, but the small, nuanced elements of the game would continuously get neglected or lost entirely during the process.

A few examples...

- Veq insisted on including a new render for (just about) every new line of dialogue in the game. I remember having conversations with him about this, implying he was mildly crazy for doing so. But he was adamant. Said he wanted the characters to feel as alive as possible by continuously shifting their body language, including a new facial expression, having their eyes look in a slightly different direction... and so on. I don't think I've seen this type of dedication in any other game I've played.

- Referring to his dialogue, there was something about it that elevated his characters. Aiden was the first male character (besides any MC) that I rooted for in a game, and I think this was largely due to how he came off verbally. Moving over to Caitlyn and how she referred to the MC as "Amy's brother"... I truly thought this was a subtle stroke of genius. This alone added layers to who she was and instantly made her relatable. This was only made better considering most people thought this was an error in his coding for her.

I'm as eager as anyone to see what could have happened if we continued down this rabbit hole, and no offense to any other creators, but when it comes to LaS Veqvil is the only true maestro behind the scenes, imo.

wirelessnick

May 4, 2019
But he give up. And for f**k sake the great gamersglory want to continue his work! If he want he could still give advices to the team who possibly take over. Maybe his hardware is outdated but his ideas worth sharing with people willing to continue his work. Is better to leave this awesome game abandoned!?

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
Yeah, and then they'll introduce some unavoidable relationship, rape, or whatever with no choices.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Yeah, and then they'll introduce some unavoidable relationship, rape, or whatever with no choices.
Woah did not say anything about Ptolemy writing it :LOL: He got scared of doing multiple routes after Dreaming of Dana. I still run renders for him. But Mainly working with Chatterbox on Lexi now

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes