Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Huh, I thought he already said he wouldn't work on this anymore. But it was on hold for a long time, so it seemed that he was communicating with the thread or patrons or whatever and considering to come back. Damn, and from what I gathered here on the thread it looks like Veqvil's weak will (a fitting nickname) didn't allow him to continue this project.

I can sympathise with him, because I have a weak will myself and I wouldn't make a good Green Lantern either. Too bad that he didn't think of this as an escape from reality. Sometimes when you work on something that helps you forget your problems, it also it gives you some self worth which helps if you are down mentally. Well, it works for me at least.

Sad that this and My Sweet neighbours which were my favourites from 0.1 version had to go like this, and without definitive "I quit", which would have been more merciful for people invested in those stories. Ah, well, it feels like 2 friends I wanted to come back and have a good time with like I used to have, had abandoned me and never said goodbye. Hehe, I know, it's stupid, laughable even, but it does feel like it.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
typical for devs now to abandon good games with such potential with unique story, all we are left with is games that are like "I like this person we fuck now" and that's all that there is for these VN.

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
typical for devs now to abandon good games with such potential with unique story, all we are left with is games that are like "I like this person we fuck now" and that's all that there is for these VN.
You mean as typical as there is always someone like you, who is badly in need of a reality check?
You have to accept the Fact that no one here signed a Contract that said "You have to finish this Project, or die trying"

For most Devs this starts as a hobby, then depending on the success of their Project, it might even become a Hobby that earns some Money. And for a Handfull it becomes their Fulltime Job. And yes you could Argue that those Devs have some form of Responsability towards their Patreons. But first and foremost their have a responsability for themselfs, and whether the Project causes health issues, problems in your relationship, problems in general in your personal life, whatever it might be. Its everyones right to pull the plug, whether You like it or not.

Millions of People quit there Job every Day for different reasons, thats part of our life, and im sure you dont give two shits about that. It just so happens to be that when someone quits their Job that worked on your Jerk Material, then you get mad. An act like as if ONLY the Devs working on this games do this, and as if this would be something completely new to this World, that someone stops working on a Project.

Dont get me wrong, i liked this game, and im sad to see that we will most likely never know how the Story continues/ends.
And i can understand your frustration, but dont expect sympathy for your opinion. Get out of your Bubble and realize that shit happens every day, book it under that and move on.

D

Deleted member 1326591

Huh, I thought he already said he wouldn't work on this anymore. But it was on hold for a long time, so it seemed that he was communicating with the thread or patrons or whatever and considering to come back. Damn, and from what I gathered here on the thread it looks like Veqvil's weak will (a fitting nickname) didn't allow him to continue this project.
Weak will, that one right there made my day.
4.png

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm realy miss this game and curious about story everytime I open this site for new game updates I'm looking this game again again and nothing: Thats realy bad :'(

Reactions: evankehell

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
love this games the plot, mystery, romance, and this game is too amazing to be abandoned
Haha, I thought that's why he named himself Veqvil, to imply and make it sound like "weak will", and that's how I read the nickname. :D I thought it was self deprecating humour. I don't know if it is, I just guess.
just don't judge people we know nothing about him and his personal life struggle, real life problem is really hard you just don't ever realize it yet. we just hoped his good will for letting the other developer took over his project

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I dont get it all the hate for the dev i checked his patreon site and it says in review looks like patreon blocked it dam patreon leave the great devs alone

Reactions: victor659

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I dont get it all the hate for the dev i checked his patreon site and it says in review looks like patreon blocked it dam patreon leave the great devs alone
There was no communication since around 4 months, the under review thing by Patreon has nothing to do with the abandoned game.

Reactions: swammy

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
another great game added to the goodbye list... damn and i was just starting to like this game.

• Sad
Reactions: evankehell

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
Another good game abandoned because of patreon

There was no communication since around 4 months, the under review thing by Patreon has nothing to do with the abandoned game.
Yeah sure... Patreon has nothing to do with all of those abandoned games. Patreon give all the freedom to the devs to make their games as they like but the devs abandoned or change their games without reason. So continue to support patreon and those games with the very interesting and unique story about "a guy that returns after 3 years to his homeland to meet again with the landlady and her daughter"...

• Angry
Reactions: D2K and LoboMason
D

Deleted member 1326591

So continue to support patreon and those games with the very interesting and unique story about "a guy that returns after 3 years to his homeland to meet again with the landlady and her daughter"...
You have almost described this one, except here the mc returns only after 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D2K

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
You have almost described this one, except here the mc returns only after 2 years.
Yeah, I almost forgot that this game started like that. But i just describe the first lines of the game. If the dev is talented he can make a unique/original game with a very interesting story regardless how the game started. But most of the games out there are boring and the devs just try to copy other games without any success. And because of patreon rules devs must stop make stupid games about "landladies" and try to make original/unique games with other themes.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes