ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
So @veqvil in my tradition of awesome annoying questions (hey, we all have to find a way to cope with waiting for 0.04), What are you least happy with in the game and what are you most pleased with?

Reactions: veqvil

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Loved the xmas gift and i can't wait for the next update! \(^-^)/
I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

So @veqvil in my tradition of awesome annoying questions (hey, we all have to find a way to cope with waiting for 0.04), What are you least happy with in the game and what are you most pleased with?
Feels like an interview of some sort :D
Can't say if I'm totally pleased with anything, but I'm kinda happy to have a set of different characters, which I can use to create "interesting" storylines. What I'm absolutely not happy with are the locations and the backgrounds outdoors, the lack of sound, the "beta" feel, the grammar and spelling and of course the graininess. Actually, I have a big list of things I want to fix in this game and whenever I learn something new, I add that to the list. xD But I think that most things will resolve with time and equipment, so I'm optimistic to reduce the number of unpleasant things in LaS :D

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Feels like an interview of some sort :D
Can't say if I'm totally pleased with anything, but I'm kinda happy to have a set of different characters, which I can use to create "interesting" storylines. What I'm absolutely not happy with are the locations and the backgrounds outdoors, the lack of sound, the "beta" feel, the grammar and spelling and of course the graininess. Actually, I have a big list of things I want to fix in this game and whenever I learn something new, I add that to the list. XD But I think that most things will resolve with time and equipment, so I'm optimistic to reduce the number of unpleasant things in LaS :D
I was thinking more of an interrogation, but sure, interview. Im just picking your brain to see what kind of game philosophy you have to get an impression where you want to go. I thought this was a nicer way of doing it insted of just making you talk about spoilers. And its interesting to hear about your prosess and what you want the game to be and feel like. But I guess Im nerdy that way. Dont stress with remaking things. I agree that things will need to be improved (so I am glad to hear you are keeping a list), but you shouldn't spend to much time redoing things now as it is clear you are becoming better and better each month, so I am sure there will be something you want to improve in the intro in february as well. What kinds of sounds would you like to have in the game (not exact type, but like effect sounds, music or other things)? And the grammer and spelling, do you mean as in correct English or that you would like better dialog?

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
I was thinking more of an interrogation, but sure, interview. Im just picking your brain to see what kind of game philosophy you have to get an impression where you want to go. I thought this was a nicer way of doing it insted of just making you talk about spoilers. And its interesting to hear about your prosess and what you want the game to be and feel like. But I guess Im nerdy that way. Dont stress with remaking things. I agree that things will need to be improved (so I am glad to hear you are keeping a list), but you shouldn't spend to much time redoing things now as it is clear you are becoming better and better each month, so I am sure there will be something you want to improve in the intro in february as well. What kinds of sounds would you like to have in the game (not exact type, but like effect sounds, music or other things)? And the grammer and spelling, do you mean as in correct English or that you would like better dialog?
That's a really fun way for me to think about my plans again :D
I totally agree on not remaking stuff too much, the game needs a good base before I start redoing scenes, I learned a lot over the 2 months and I would have done a lot of scenes differently now. But that would be like a never-ending cycle, where I apply my new learned stuff and trough remaking them learn stuff again etc.. xD
So far I only rework scenes I feel are way under my quality standards (not saying mine are high, but even a clumsy dev like me has some standards xD). In terms of sound, I would start by adding some ambient and not bothering music, and simple sounds for opening doors, phone rings etc. I looked up many sites already, but it's still experimental. Voice acting is overkill in my eyes (ears :D), but that opinion is based on zero experience and therefore definitely may change. The spelling and grammar is something I really wanted to take care of myself, learning English while creating this project is a big deal for me. This, of course, applies to the quality of the dialogues, there are talented people out there who can write dialogues which are that good, you could go without renders. I want to get there, I want to improve my language and writing skills :)

Thanks mate for the fun questions, it's really relaxing :D

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
That's a really fun way for me to think about my plans again :D
I totally agree on not remaking stuff too much, the game needs a good base before I start redoing scenes, I learned a lot over the 2 months and I would have done a lot of scenes differently now. But that would be like a never-ending cycle, where I apply my new learned stuff and trough remaking them learn stuff again etc.. XD
So far I only rework scenes I feel are way under my quality standards (not saying mine are high, but even a clumsy dev like me has some standards XD). In terms of sound, I would start by adding some ambient and not bothering music, and simple sounds for opening doors, phone rings etc. I looked up many sites already, but it's still experimental. Voice acting is overkill in my eyes (ears :D), but that opinion is based on zero experience and therefore definitely may change. The spelling and grammar is something I really wanted to take care of myself, learning English while creating this project is a big deal for me. This, of course, applies to the quality of the dialogues, there are talented people out there who can write dialogues which are that good, you could go without renders. I want to get there, I want to improve my language and writing skills :)

Thanks mate for the fun questions, it's really relaxing :D
Thinking though them again is a great way to get new ideas or perspective on things. Thats how a creative mind tend to work (at least mine do).

There will be a time to go though that list and improve, but as of now Im sure the list will grow. But I understand that you go though it to fix things that feels ether to confusing or dont look decent, dont want it to scare away new players (but my experience from this thread is the game is scaring anyone away, the scariest part is rather some of the players, why are you all looking at me?)
Sound can definitely enhance a game. But they need to be implemented well, I can remember way to many alarm clocks that have made my ears bleed or music that did not fit or need to be there. As well as places where something had sound and other things did not which confused me as my brain expected it to be there. I would not say that voice acting is overkill, but its nearly impossible to pull of for games in this genre. Its would need to be well acted, recorded with quality equipment and be voices that would fit with our impression of who the characters are and how they would talk. And on top of that it would have to be actors who would be okay with doing sexual content and sounds. Finding all of this, that would fit with the budget of a game like this I assume would be very hard. But then again, we dont to these thing cause they are easy. But who knows what the future holds, maybe future veqvil will have to deal with famous actors begging to be a part of the game while you are sitting there counting your patron millions, one can dream right:closedeyesmile:?

Writing English to people here everyday are sure to improve your grammer. As someone who's primary language is not English, you would probably find people who can give better grammer advice than me. But if you would like help on creative writing, I could probably help you in that department as I know a thing or two about that.

I thought I should start with the easier ones so your mind could start to warm up to that sort of thinking, before I start to throw out questions like, how do you envision the player experience that game mechanic and how did you want the player to feel in that scene. But my gut tells me you are all ready thinking about those things, subconsciously or consciously.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
He's least happy with the lack of Witcher senses to find the hidden objects obviously.

Y'all know it took you a good few minutes to find that 4th present.

Laimq

May 3, 2017
may i ask you two questions ?

1.what light did you use in the xmas gift
2.what genital are you using on the male

Virikas

Donor
Oct 17, 2017
Veqvil, I absolutely loved the Christmas gift. I also think that you should definitely keep her in and that she doesn't need any work done whatsoever :) Also, the self-mockery was magnificent hahaha xD. Can't wait to see what comes next!

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
He's least happy with the lack of Witcher senses to find the hidden objects obviously.

Y'all know it took you a good few minutes to find that 4th present.
Well I hope everyone was able to find it eventually xD

may i ask you two questions ?

1.what light did you use in the xmas gift
2.what genital are you using on the male
Yes of course!
1. I don't use any product here, the thing with lights is to know some setups, I think I used some normal 3 point lighting.
2. I use the genital by meipe named dictator (best name xD), but I edit the textures depending on the scene (displacement map etc.). To be fair though the dick in the Xmas gift looks very wrong, not sure how I can fix that but definitely have to look into that.

Veqvil, I absolutely loved the Christmas gift. I also think that you should definitely keep her in and that she doesn't need any work done whatsoever :) Also, the self-mockery was magnificent hahaha XD. Can't wait to see what comes next!
Thank you and I'm happy that you liked the gift :D I'm currently working on the update and I really hope it will deliver :D

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Looks like I've stumbled upon another great game. There's lots of potential, and I'm really liking these characters. They don't feel hamfisted, and the dialogue does a great job of showing the bond between the characters. The way the "Main" story is told is really good too. It doesn't throw all the information at you at once. A little hint here, a little hint there in the middle of all these other stories. But I think the most amazing part is the choice of "attributes" that you are given. This opens up a route of replayability that tons of games here struggle to achieve. It reminds me of Dreams of Desire; The game gave you the choice of picking a "fetish" between Ass, Boobs, and Feet, and said that it would cater to that specific thing the most. That never really quite lived up to it's potential, and became a simple "Pose Viewer" for a scene. You got a great thing here with this mechanic. Use it to it's full potential. It might become a bit of a pain managing all those things, but I believe it will help set this game apart from the rest in the future.

I love the art as well. There's thought, and effort being put into the scenes and it shows. The mom is smoking. I think her Boobs might be a tad too big. (I know, I know. Blasphemy. Don't fucking flame over this, alright?) but she's fantastic. The same goes for Becky, Mystery Lady at the pizzeria, and Dr. Stanton (especially in that Christmas update boi). The only one I'm a little torn on is Amy. She's a little too Angelina Jolie-ish, and I don't mean it in a good way. Her lips look too big in certain scenes. Her jaw, and face structure are a little odd. Her arms are really thin. I don't know. In certain images she looks ok, and even great (kneeling down in only her panties for ex.), but in others her weird proportions don't quite cut it.

But aside from that, I don't really have any major gripes. This a big two thumbs up, and this is definitely going on the watchlist for 2018.

Cheers.

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Looks like I've stumbled upon another great game. There's lots of potential, and I'm really liking these characters. They don't feel hamfisted, and the dialogue does a great job of showing the bond between the characters. The way the "Main" story is told is really good too. It doesn't throw all the information at you at once. A little hint here, a little hint there in the middle of all these other stories. But I think the most amazing part is the choice of "attributes" that you are given. This opens up a route of replayability that tons of games here struggle to achieve. It reminds me of Dreams of Desire; The game gave you the choice of picking a "fetish" between Ass, Boobs, and Feet, and said that it would cater to that specific thing the most. That never really quite lived up to it's potential, and became a simple "Pose Viewer" for a scene. You got a great thing here with this mechanic. Use it to it's full potential. It might become a bit of a pain managing all those things, but I believe it will help set this game apart from the rest in the future.

I love the art as well. There's thought, and effort being put into the scenes and it shows. The mom is smoking. I think her Boobs might be a tad too big. (I know, I know. Blasphemy. Don't fucking flame over this, alright?) but she's fantastic. The same goes for Becky, Mystery Lady at the pizzeria, and Dr. Stanton (especially in that Christmas update boi). The only one I'm a little torn on is Amy. She's a little too Angelina Jolie-ish, and I don't mean it in a good way. Her lips look too big in certain scenes. Her jaw, and face structure are a little odd. Her arms are really thin. I don't know. In certain images she looks ok, and even great (kneeling down in only her panties for ex.), but in others her weird proportions don't quite cut it.

But aside from that, I don't really have any major gripes. This a big two thumbs up, and this is definitely going on the watchlist for 2018.

Cheers.
Thank you for this awesome feedback! Your opinion on Amy definitely represents a group of players, and she certainly is a little inconsistent, while I can't say if there will be a major rework, I will definitely keep an eye on feedback about her appearance (there also is a group of players who really like her and therefore reworking her has to be some sort of win-win situation which is a rare thing xD). The idea behind different specializations is not only to offer some replay value but also let people discover and be able to enjoy their favorite genre. I really have tons of fun creating all those specs and dive into different genres while trying to be as openminded as possible :D

Nonetheless a big thank you for actually sitting down and writing this feedback, this really helps to give me an idea how improve and develop this project :D

I didnt know 2018 was going to be women in this game, but I sure as hell dont mind.
I'm glad you are okay with this xD

What can I say but nice ass in a nice japanese style garden.
That's the perfect description for this placeholder render xD

I wish everyone on the forums a happy new year !!!!!!

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
I wish everyone a happy new year!
, I wish you that your muse would never leave you.
P.S. Do not forget to turn on the best New Year's song of all time.

Reactions: reacardo and veqvil

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
I wish everyone a happy new year!
, I wish you that your muse would never leave you.
P.S. Do not forget to turn on the best New Year's song of all time.
Ok I put that song on repeat xD Thank you man! :)

Reactions: Hadgar

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Ahh, the warm feeling of @veqvil likes. Looking forward to see what kind of experimentation you will do. Happy new year to you all. Im sure we will get a fun 2018.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes