veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
I guess I will have to see if a lot translates to anything. Cause if someone truly love you, they should want to do anything for you, ain't I a romantic. Seams Becky will have to be tested.

Those jealousy mechanics seems interesting though. Even in a non sadist way, its good to see there will be somethings there to challenge the player/lead to difference outcomes. To many games you just reach a point where both character confesses there love/she agrees to join your harem, and after that there is not really that much to it, just a victory lap as you go though the rest of the story with the relationship set in stone, or the game just progress really slowly as when you reach that point it would be over. I would argue that when the relationship begins its where the real work begins. But I guess it is easier to portray the chase in a game.

Can I also pic your brain? I promise will try to be nice to it:angel:.
Well, I think jealousy also adds depth to the character and also offers a way to show individuality (some react differently to you hanging out with other girls :D)

Everyone will be more then welcome to join me on the voice chat once I get my hands on a microphone :D

Deleted member 216027

Sep 24, 2017
Well, I think jealousy also adds depth to the character and also offers a way to show individuality (some react differently to you hanging out with other girls :D)

Everyone will be more then welcome to join me on the voice chat once I get my hands on a microphone :D
Just voice chat ? You will not want to hear my weird voice XD

Reactions: veqvil and n0b0dy

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017

Sounds like a good way to do it. Will be interesting to explore these differences and what you can do with them. It will be a fun way to feel the world is reacting to what you are doing.
Just voice chat ? You will not want to hear my weird voice XD
Dont worry, we are into weird stuff, Im sure you will fit right in (leave it to me to make things awkward).

Reactions: veqvil

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Is there any date when new update will show up?
from dev:
Regarding LaS 0.04 I'm working full time on the update right now and I really hope you will like it! As of the release date I still can't/don't want to say too much except that I have freed up the whole next week to dedicate my time on 0.04! Also I will release monthly in 2018, so don't worry about going out empty handed a full month! :)

Reactions: veqvil and Everilld

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
She knows good and well she's too pasty to be out in the sun like that.

Gonna look like a tomato after 15 minutes.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Pesonally I'm against route updates when it comes to Patreon games. With normal development they're obviously better but with Patreon they make Patrons go mad when route that's being worked on isn't for their taste and put pressure on a dev. That makes devs more patron dependant cutting off content with vocal opposition. In this case Amy lovers can crush all non MC routes with her and other characters as they will have more than 50% of playerbase. If dev can keep his original design it's cool, if not it's not. That's tricky and will require a lot of brainstorming

Patan

May 28, 2017
Pesonally I'm against route updates when it comes to Patreon games. With normal development they're obviously better but with Patreon they make Patrons go mad when route that's being worked on isn't for their taste and put pressure on a dev. That makes devs more patron dependant cutting off content with vocal opposition. In this case Amy lovers can crush all non MC routes with her and other characters as they will have more than 50% of playerbase. If dev can keep his original design it's cool, if not it's not. That's tricky and will require a lot of brainstorming
Totaly agree with you. It's imposible to please everyone. Making a route for every character might sound cool but i don't think that never will work on Patreon or sites like Patreon. I see a lot of growing devs get in conflict about how to please their every single one of patrons. Which big mistake, the best way would be keep your original idea and try to add little bit more, the reason you get patrons is your original idea in first place anyway.

Reactions: GaLaLa05 and veqvil

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
She knows good and well she's too pasty to be out in the sun like that.

Gonna look like a tomato after 15 minutes.
Yes I bet she gets burned on purpose because she knows I love to see her in pain. Such a good little girl :heartcoveredeyes:

Totaly agree with you. It's imposible to please everyone. Making a route for every character might sound cool but i don't think that never will work on Patreon or sites like Patreon. I see a lot of growing devs get in conflict about how to please their every single one of patrons. Which big mistake, the best way would be keep your original idea and try to add little bit more, the reason you get patrons is your original idea in first place anyway.
I agree with you and @Ignazzio , a developer should follow their own vision and not listen to others too much since what one person will love another will hate and listening to others too much can ruin a potentially good game unless the others plead for more awesome sadistic content in which case their opinions are very important and they should be honored at all times.

Reactions: veqvil and Patan

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
@veqvil I think the most important thing is you get the update schedule that fits you best creatively and production wise, we might have our own wishes but it is after all you who are going to do it, so find a rhythm that is good for you. In the end, that will make the best content, and if there is one thing here we all can agree on, it is that we want the best content. As long as you communicate well to us how that schedule will work and why you feel like it is best and we will understand. Come to us for ideas and inspiration but dont be afraid to stick to your guns ether, after all it is your vision that have drawn us here. And even if I know our suggestions will improve the game, we dont always know what is best for us. We just want the best content and try to imagen what that would be.

Edit: If I where to give my input though, I would say if you have to choose between having limited paths to have time to update them all or having more paths but not being able to update them every month I would definitively preferere the last. Sure it will suck if you path dont get content that month (and maybe I am biased here since I have pretty much played all the paths up until now, and plan to continue with that), but I one of my greatest enjoyment with this game is that it let you choose what you want to do insted of guiding you into a path or two and if I have to wait a bit more to keep that freedom and feel like the game react to who I want to be, then I will do so with great patience while I enjoy playing though the other paths who are there in the meantime. Also, that makes it easier if you want to add more characters later, insted of just having to cut them since you wouldn't have the time for them without cutting somewhere else.

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
@veqvil Echoing what @ShadowManNor said above, I think the best way to approach it is to move forward with whatever allows you to produce the best content in a reliable manner. If that means keeping things fresh for yourself by jumping around to avoid getting bored, do that, or if you get inspired and want to bang out a single devoted path one month, go with that.

One thing I would suggest, is that if you go the focused-path route, post some sort of roadmap or schedule like DarkCookie does with SS, so patrons that might not be into the path you are working currently, may be able to look forward to the next month's update.

Either way as a patron, I trust in your vision for the game, and as long as you keep cranking out great content I'll continue to support you whichever way you choose to proceed.

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
Thank you all for those amazing replies! Also, thank you all for your trust! I totally agree to work on all paths each update especially to keep the choice system alive, imagine going the love route and trying the submission route next, which you can't play yet as it comes with another update.

The feedback from you guys confirmed my worries to release path after path. I was just unsure if my opinion was that reasonable since I had no experience with release schedules, I thought it would be wise to get a second opinion. Having a few people looking forward to the "all in one" update style is enough for me to stick with that decision :D

Big thank you to all of you for being so supportive and sharing your opinions!

Edit: Whats going on with this new like system? Does e.g. Agree count as a like? XD

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Dunno but I'll give a rainbow. If you could develop this game on your own for year it would be much better to make 1 route and then switch to another. With Patreon it's troublesome. It might be fine if you can push like 3 routes and leave some others for next updates. But it might become messy later on with coding and everything.

U

User_215882

If I'm understanding this correct the next update is supposed to finish the prologue of the game. So its on Veqvil to decide how he wants the story to unfold. Does he want to do what other devs do and do patreon polls for story development or just go his own way and hope people like what he puts out each update. I just hope the game continues to be fun to play.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I thought prologue was over the time you choose between those three options (love, submission and voyeur I think)

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes