byskup

Apr 26, 2017
If you take money for 4 months and stop for the 5th I call it a strategy. This gives you a false hope that dev is considerate however in reality he doesnt give a damn about you.
And this naturaly leads to delaying releases because people (Patrons) tends to believe in whatever sh*t you put on their plate as long as there’s spark of hope.
If there is not concern of losing the supporters (money) it doesnt force you to work hard on the project.
Still I am not amazed by you reply :)

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
If you take money for 4 months and stop for the 5th I call it a strategy. This gives you a false hope that dev is considerate however in reality he doesnt give a damn about you.
And this naturaly leads to delaying releases because people (Patrons) tends to believe in whatever sh*t you put on their plate as long as there’s spark of hope.
If there is not concern of losing the supporters (money) it doesnt force you to work hard on the project.
Still I am not amazed by you reply :)
First of all, I agree with you about delaying updates. I've seen too many devs let the clock run out, while they keep raking in the cash.(sometimes doing it for 1 update a year basically)

But I never saw those dev delaying their pledges(they still have the same amount of support), so I'll rather wait and see how this one turns out. If the game enters an endless loop of delays, I'll just stop following the thread and move on, maybe I'll come back in a few months or a year and see.

Personally I don't really like giving money on monthly bases(mainly because I'll need to trust random indie dev on the internet), if i'm paying for something I'm going to pay for a full product.

I've seen this game only after the dev made their comeback, so I'm not fully aware of all of their issues as of yet.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I've seen this game only after the dev made their comeback, so I'm not fully aware of all of their issues as of yet.
To cut a long story short: the game is stalling since summer of 2018.

0.04 - out on 2nd Feb 2018
0.05 - out on 8th Apr 2018
0.06 - out on 9th June 2018

then it came the first pause...

0.07 - out on 29th Oct 2018

then it came the long gap...

0.08 - out on 31th March 2020

light03

Feb 26, 2018
Life is a silly excuse. Got it.
Dude, this isn't the only time. This is how the development of this game always progresses.
Amazes me how many people who know nothing, will post defamatory remarks about people they know nothing about.
Or how many people fanatically believe a man whomdoes not even know.
If the game enters an endless loop of delays
LaS about two years is endless loop of delays. At the same time, money was always taken.

This is a working system and there are many developers of this kind. Delay several months, writing another excuse, delay again until the situation will be quite intense, then release a small update and repeat.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
LaS about two years is endless loop of delays. At the same time, money was always taken.

This is a working system and there are many developers of this kind. Delay several months, writing another excuse, delay again until the situation will be quite intense, then release a small update and repeat.
First, if I am not mistaken, he paused patreon subscription when he went away. He paused it again now. These two facts already contradict you "money was always taken." So if you are going to make random claims, at least try not to contradict what has been said two pages ago.

EDIT: it seems that information was a mistake I made. Apparently, he did not pause his patreon when he was out for a year.

Second, yes, many devs do that, delay, make excuse, delay, make excuse. AND many random entitled free riders complain about somebody using their time and other's people money the way they want to. I am absolutely sure this is not the case with you and you are supporting him, right?

Honestly, once a dev have an antecedence of stopping production for a long time, any delay is a bad sign as one can expect him to drop it again. Hopefully this is not the case. But as it is out of our control, the only thing we can do is wait and hope.

Last edited:

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
The developer may have built a scenario too complex, with aliens, ancient races, superpowers, etc. and he does not know how to finish this Holywoodian movie ... So he is pedaling in the sauerkraut (pédale dans la choucroute) to come up with ideas. Good luck !
(Google translation from French)

Reactions: KeyvinCarter

light03

Feb 26, 2018
First, if I am not mistaken, he paused patreon subscription when he went away. He paused it again now. These two facts already contradict you "money was always taken." So if you are going to make random claims, at least try not to contradict what has been said two pages ago.
You are mistaken. Veq is never paused his patreon page until this time, this was discussed many times during his "radio silence". So its not just random claims, I know what I'm talking about. I can even tell you a little more. Once his Patreon page was blocked for some reason. Conscientious developers have said many times that it can be very difficult to negotiate with patreon and solve problems. Sometimes it takes months... Veq solved these problems about for the week. At the same time, he did not even find a minute to write something to the people who supported him.
But as time went on, radio silence was not really an effective milking tactic. People canceled pledges and after a year there were about 100 Patrons. So he just came back and released an update, people again happily carried money to him. And again the delay. :ROFLMAO: This is not something unusual. This is how dev like this one always work.
Second, yes, many devs do that, delay, make excuse, delay, make excuse. AND many random entitled free riders complain about somebody using their time and other's people money the way they want to. I am absolutely sure this is not the case with you and you are supporting him, right?
Yes, you're right. But is that supposed to shut my mouth? Like, when you see that people are simply being deceived, you should remain silent, because you yourself did not lose money?
Honestly, once a dev have an antecedence of stopping production for a long time, any delay is a bad sign as one can expect him to drop it again. Hopefully this is not the case. But as it is out of our control, the only thing we can do is wait and hope.
That's what I'm talking about. But I am sure that in time you will receive your update. I think about a year or so. Milking must go on.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
If you go to preferences, there is a section called Search Options, where you can choose order as most recent. Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot, didn't know there was this option.
I searched the Advanced option from the quick box and didn't find anything that could organize results as most recent from within a thread. I assumed all search related functions ought to be present in advanced search options. Maybe there are others who don't know about it ...

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You are mistaken. Veq is never paused his patreon page until this time, this was discussed many times during his "radio silence". So its not just random claims, I know what I'm talking about. I can even tell you a little more. Once his Patreon page was blocked for some reason. Conscientious developers have said many times that it can be very difficult to negotiate with patreon and solve problems. Sometimes it takes months... Veq solved these problems about for the week. At the same time, he did not even find a minute to write something to the people who supported him.
But as time went on, radio silence was not really an effective milking tactic. People canceled pledges and after a year there were about 100 Patrons. So he just came back and released an update, people again happily carried money to him. And again the delay. :ROFLMAO: This is not something unusual. This is how developers like this always work.
I stand corrected. My understanding was that he had paused his patreon for that time he went away. There were so many projects that have stopped and come back that it seem I can no longer tell them appart.
Thing is, I cannot understand why would people keep supporting a project in which dev already said he is stopping production.

Regardless of that, I apologize for the misinformation. My bad.

Yes, you're right. But is that supposed to shut my mouth? Like, when you see that people are simply being deceived, you should remain silent, because you yourself did not lose money?
Well, you did make known to me information I was not right about. So it is a hypocrite thing to do to say "look, if dev is milking people can figure it out on their own". Thing is I have seem so many random post of people going around claiming "this dev is milking, that dev is milking, everybody is milking" taking the approach "I am here to open your eyes cause you are clearly stupid to figure it out on your own". So you can speak out as you did to me when people say stupid/wrong things as I did above.

Another thing however is to as you just said "shut up when people are being deceived". Can you really claim that dev is a member of the legion of doom with voldermort, sauron, palpatine and mickey mouse (let's face it, that mouse is evil, no matter how much we love him) trying to scam people? So, yes, please point out if dev have done things like taking a year away without pausing his patreon as you did with me, but to start accusing them is another story.

That's what I'm talking about. But I am sure that in time you will receive your update. I think about a year or so. Milking must go on.
So let us assume for the sake of discussion that he really turned to the dark side and he is actively milking and more, you already open peoples' eyes and everybody is aware he is milking. You are still taking advantage of his time and others' people money, right? cause you yourself are not contributing.

Personally I think it is a terrible idea to give people money if they are not working. There are a lot of really good project not getting the attention they deserver. But at the end of the day if I want to give away my money for free, it is my problem.

LONG STORY SHORT: you are always welcome to speak out and correct misinformation. I actually thank you for that, honestly. But you do see the contradiction of going to a piracy site, where you download others' works for free without making a single contribution to a project, just to accuse somebody of scamming people and taking their money? At least be sincere here: you don't give a shit about others getting scammed, if you did, you would not be taking advantage of them by downloading the game for free. You are just annoyed you will most likely not received the update others contributed for. So there are no saints, here.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes