Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I am, as always, in total awe about the shits people give about what others do with their money. Even if they decide to give it to virtual bums, what business is it of you? You think others are more deserving? Fine, you give them your money.

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
I am, as always, in total awe about the shits people give about what others do with their money. Even if they decide to give it to virtual bums, what business is it of you? You think others are more deserving? Fine, you give them your money.
I believe it's jealousy the developers are actually earning money, and they either aren't, or aren't receiving 1/4th of what the developers are. What they fail to realize is that there are hundreds of hours of work put in the games and often these are just side projects of people with full-time jobs and families to take care of. Veqvil has previously abandoned the game out of sheer exhaustion and health issues, and these people only contribute for a developer to feel unmotivated and frustrated.

Reactions: Sihn8 and EJW

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I believe it's jealousy the developers are actually earning money, and they either aren't, or aren't receiving 1/4th of what the developers are. What they fail to realize is that there are hundreds of hours of work put in the games and often these are just side projects of people with full-time jobs and families to take care of. Veqvil has previously abandoned the game out of sheer exhaustion and health issues, and these people only contribute for a developer to feel unmotivated and frustrated.
Its very hard to focus on what you write because of the very hot woman in your SIG!! Bah!! ...i was told the same with my sig too so i understand :giggle: Eyes always end up there instead on them words.. :whistle:

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
being as inconsistent as Veq has been for the last couple of years is always going to draw criticism, and some of its warranted and yeah some may be a little over the top. I backed veq on patreon for a long time and was actively part of the discord before he went away, he is a good guy who took on more in life than he could handle which happens to many of us and he did the right thing walking away for a while......however the optics of the patreon shut down and return while maintaining radio silence is valid criticism.

As for blaming people here or on discord for making any dev feel unmotivated or disillusioned to be honest I find a little bit odd. No matter how you look at the patreon model the backers are indeed customers, one of the definitions of a patron is "a regular customer".

If you are going to actively seek out backers by putting yourself on patreon in order to work on your project, to allow you to earn something from it or even make a full time living from it in some cases then you have to take the rough with the smooth.... you aren't ever going to just get the beneficial part of a deal like that, especially when working in game development

Reactions: Game Bond

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Well, is it possible to get Carol love path and Amy submissive path at one playthrough?
Don't think you can. Closest you can get is 'the family' path. Maybe later on you can pick and chose how you want that route to go.

Moose_Tracks

Oct 12, 2017
So basically 0.08 version ends right after cafe visit? or im dumb enough to stuck?
The current release ends right after the Seer training with Mira (and Caitlyn if you're on the threesome route). The last few screens you should see are the front steps of the Mc's home.

Moose_Tracks

Oct 12, 2017
You got my point wrong and now you're trying to be pedantic and failing.
Since the beginning, the only thing that's been failing here is the integrity of your argument. I've maintained throughout you haven't the first clue how much work was done or how long that work took him to complete during his hiatus. You're far more concerned with conjuring up random numbers and scenarios, like it must have taken him not much more than a month to finish the rest of the update, and he was able to sit idly by for 10+ months. Of course, just like your "300 renders" and "70%" estimations, you have nothing concrete to support these claims. Neither of the aforementioned numbers were confirmed or ever mentioned in his "Last post before..." post. I'm glad you have such confidence in your "reasonable assumptions," but we all know what happens when people assume, don't we?

On top of all that, you've displayed a real ignorance for what it takes to create a game like this. More so when it involves just one person behind the scenes. You're curious to know if a computer rendering for 10+ hours can be considered work on the creator's part? Most of the time, yes, it can be, cause this is when the real work starts. Tasks like coding, writing dialogue, and posing... endless, endless posing is where the real time sink lies. All of this is usually done while the comp is doing it's thing, for the sake of efficiency.

And for the record, healthy criticism is totally fine. Even encouraged. But when it's clear individuals start talking about things they have no real knowledge of, especially in such a "matter of fact" tone, this is what's going to start triggering people. That's prob why you have about 5 different people tagging your comments atm.

light03

Feb 26, 2018
I believe it's jealousy the developers are actually earning money, and they either aren't, or aren't receiving 1/4th of what the developers are.
Change the word "developer" to "fraud" here and you have a point. Of course, people criticize frauds because they envy them.
What they fail to realize is that there are hundreds of hours of work put in the games and often these are just side projects of people with full-time jobs and families to take care of.
It doesn't matter as long as you charge for the job. Yes, this is mostly the fault of the patreon model that stimulates scammers, but still criticism is justified.
Veqvil has previously abandoned the game out of sheer exhaustion and health issues, and these people only contribute for a developer to feel unmotivated and frustrated.
But still did not forget to take the money and not even found a minute to write something throughout the year.

Everilld

Jul 25, 2017
Hello guys is anyone on his discord? And can clarify for me that veqvil is allright and working on the game?
Bc I love this game. IMO the most interesting story from all games.

Reactions: Actuallythedog
4.30 star(s) 129 Votes