Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Damn it, story was getting good too. Although I did find it weird that the harem routes locked off all the love scenes instead of including them

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
No matter how much the work is, or how much help is received, it can be insurmountable when you're battling mental illness. When you're depressed even just getting out of bed can be a huge fight. I feel you.
Dude, he's just a fucking liar. Period.

He wrote in July that the udpate was going to be postponed because he had to help his folks packing because they were relocating. Now he writes that he's abandoning the game because he's got a major writer's bloc.

Poor lad: he thinks he's like Takehiko Inoue working on Vagabond, I guess. :rolleyes:

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
This game abandoned second time :eek:I expected update :cautious: (n)but no hope in this game anymore -It started realy good with beatifull Milf-Mom and Hot Sis... Shame ...the realy bad thing that Mc didnt fuck anyone end with blue ballz :rolleyes:

Moose_Tracks

Oct 12, 2017
For those saying the game was too much work for Veq qith all the paths and what have you, just run back to earlier in the thread.

He had PhillyGames helping him and various other devs all chipping in, all for free and willing to help with whatever was needed.

He wasn't exactly alone and had help from some of the top devs here that were also able to get their own games out while helping others. On top of that he had offers from nearly all of his player base to help with little things from render farming to spell checking to translations.

He had all the help anyone could ever have asked for and a lot more help than some other devs get on here yet all he gave back was excuses.

I don't accuse devs of milking, i've never gone to threads of games that were obvious milk farms and I don't like painting devs in a bad light. I'm friends with quite a few devs on here, really good friends with a small number but some devs take the absolute piss and need calling out.

Throughout all of this devs absence and excuses he left payments open now I am an advocate of personal responsibility and everyone being aware of their own finances but you don't drop a game for years leaving payments open unless you are milking.

Reading those earlier posts the dev seemed really nice and genuine but here we are, a few years later and I don't think he's any better than the likes of Gumdrop anymore.

Dirty dev.

This is pretty misleading and feels like you twisting a bad scenario into something even worse.

The only tangible work that was ever done for Veq via 3rd party was through a couple fan made walkthroughs up till the .4 version, and he was assisted on some coding work early on in development. And when I say assisted I mean he used one individual with better understanding as a reference to help guide him along the way, never relying on them to do the work for him. This is more or less the theme of how Veq wished to go about things - he wanted to suffer through the learning curve of each aspect of creation, hoping to become self-sufficient along the way. This attempt of yours to drag someone through the mud for wanting this honestly feels borderline desperate, more so when a number of the current top devs held in high regard strive for the very same.

You were correct when stating numerous patrons offered their services to Veq free of charge (me being one of them), and likewise with Philly being there early on, but it was never anything more than verbal pointers/opinions being exchanged. No one other than Veq was ever going to do the big tasks (rendering, writing, coding, storyboarding etc...), and that's perfectly understandable. This game is his baby... I wouldn't let strangers get their hands on it either if it were my story. This was more than evident both on his patron page and discord with people repeatedly chiming in saying, "Hey Veq, do you need help with x/y/z... I know how to blah blah", then him politely responding with "thanks but no thanks... I need to do this myself."

There are things to dislike here regarding the financial situation/handling of certain scenarios as a whole... This isn't one of them.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This game abandoned second time :eek:I expected update :cautious: (n)but no hope in this game anymore -It started realy good with beatifull Milf-Mom and Hot Sis... Shame ...the realy bad thing that Mc didnt fuck anyone end with blue ballz :rolleyes:
though i dont remember, a long time since Ive played it, "vaginal/anal sex" tag should indicate there are actual sex scenes in the game.

Reactions: Matsageman

Newi31

Dec 18, 2019
But when it came to resolving the issue with patreon as soon as possible and getting free income back "depression" definitely didn't stop him. A weird kind of depression that only works to make money. Seriously enough, stop spreading this lie.
Hmm I just reread the thingy quoted below to refresh my memory. In hindsight it seems to be more about self-doubt than depression. Maybe it is a lie masquerading as a sob story, maybe it isn't. I know too little to argue truths.

Hitting a wall

I've been thinking a long time about writing this post and I think it's the right move to be fully transparent here. These last few months were horrible and I am definitely going crazy taking the game apart and simply not being satisfied with both the content I'm currently working on and in the recent past.

There were moments where I was optimistic and thought "I will get there" if I just create and try out different versions of the scenes, and yet after all those attempts I end up going to bed feeling like I made the progress I can build on, only to find I scrap everything because it was horrible/unusable on the next day (It actually was horrible).
I would be lying if I said I don't feel burned out at this point.

Whenever I logged into discord, I just didn't know what to say, looking at how I am not delivering even though I am relentlessly grinding and spending my whole day on creating content for 0.08.5 for so long now.
I know people are waiting and have waited for some time now, but working on LaS now comes with pressure and stress to a point where it's almost crippling.

And that's what I want to announce in this post - I will be taking a break from working on LaS for the time being.
I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you guys, but I truly don't feel like I can keep going like this.
As for how long the pause on game development is going to be, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't want to set a date on it.

I will however still be checking into discord and maybe even make some posts about my thoughts on 3D related matters, but I really want to get a normal "relationship" with the project again, instead of waking up to a full day of failure and just feel like I am repeatedly hitting a wall.

While on the break I also plan to look into the script and I'm considering making changes to the dialogue or similar to avoid a repeat of the above. I don't want to run into something like this ever again and of course, I hope to come up with something that finally works.

I am not sure if it's simply a mindset thing or I may just be setting expectations for myself which I can't meet. Either way, I hope by taking a break I can both organize my life and get a healthy/normal sleep schedule once again. Also, I hope to get a less stressful mindset towards LaS in general (Which by all means is mostly self-imposed.).

As for the Patreon page, I've decided to leave things as they are for now as I have no idea how things are going to change (I will update the front page though).

I also completely understand that for many this is not professional nor acceptable, in that case, if you choose to drop or cancel your pledge altogether, I wholeheartedly want to thank you for checking out the game and for all previous support.
I will keep working on becoming the developer LaS and future projects need.

While this sucks, it is by no means the end. I will continue, I just can't say when that time will come.
For now, stay safe guys.
What griped me was what was written at the end; to just leave Patreon "as is" while taking a break. Patronage is a symbiosis. Both benefit. You don't just decide to lose the effort but keep the pay. And going about it via an opt-out like this feels like it's taking advantage of those who don't stay up to date. That's a kick in the morality-groin.

Lucas213

Oct 4, 2020
I hope this game never gets recovered because it's unfair on the fanbase. idk what the policy is on abandon games but I hope this will be the last time it happens.

Shane498

Apr 27, 2017
So is basically "on hold" we just don't know for how long, I mean at least he "told" us :cautious:

edit: thanks for the facepalm, nice to talk to you

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: DarkinScythe

Cuveira

Nov 30, 2018
again.... what a sad thing to see.... it has really great potential to be 1 of if not the best game on this site... the base story the mistery around it, the character, almost every aspect of the game is really good.. i have no idea what the real reason behind the abandoned,
and i saw so many good game that abandoned when their at the peak of popularity, and pls dont give me bullshit like so many ppl download the game and not many ppl support the creator, and im sure its not the case, here is the reason if the game is popular every 100 ppl who download the game im pretty sure 10-20 of them is supporting the creator with decent amount of money.
the other is the dev is dealing with IRL issue and cannot continue the game development,this can either be true or a lie, no one know except for the dev itself,
and the last is the creator is burn out with the development and cant continue anymore,this one can be avoided, if the creator is not a stubborn person who want to deal everything by themself. get help if u have decent enough income from your supporter get a few ppl to help u with the development, no one in this world can handle everything alone...interact with your community ask them for suggestion, ask them if they can help u with development, im sure the community is willing to help u with your project hell even some maybe willing to help u for free.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes