rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
The impression I had when reading the 'Hitting a wall' post was that Veq had been using the work as an escape. Trying the utmost to gain satisfaction out of getting it done exactly right. Perhaps to affirm life? It can mean a lot to have some thing go "right" when other parts of your life don't feel great. It gives perspective. "See, not all's bad." This could also explain why Veq has been adamant, as others have written, about not accepting help. Maybe some thing needed to go Veq's way, as a win to make up for defeat - and that made it too important emotionally. Anywho if Veq couldn't reach the fulfillment longed for... well.
It's hard to say what his motivations are because we aren't him. But I must observe that for someone who has been so hesitant to accept help from others concerning the development of his game, the line is not drawn when it comes to accepting payment.. There is a lot of speculation and ultimately only he will know what he's really capable of. And that's largely a frame of mind thing in itself.

But I do sympathize. Perhaps I'm a sucker buying into a con like some suggest, but I'd rather retain my empathy and get fooled once in awhile than give it up. But ultimately if it is a con, that's on him and not me. So no reason to feel bad about giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Its a shame to see, though because he is a fairly talented creator. Many of us wouldn't even be giving this thread the time of day if it weren't so.

Ultimately I'd have nothing poor to say about the guy if he just froze his patreon. I am a patient person and am not entitled to his content. I empathize if he has expenses to pay, but so do we all. Accepting charity through patreon is not going to solve his problems long term, and the safety net just tends to make people more hesitant to make meaningful changes with their lives.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Reposting from Patreon for anyone interested. Game is abandoned again.

I've been thinking a long time about writing this post and I think it's the right move to be fully transparent here. These last few months were horrible and I am definitely going crazy taking the game apart and simply not being satisfied with both the content I'm currently working on and in the recent past.

There were moments where I was optimistic and thought "I will get there" if I just create and try out different versions of the scenes, and yet after all those attempts I end up going to bed feeling like I made the progress I can build on, only to find I scrap everything because it was horrible/unusable on the next day (It actually was horrible).

I would be lying if I said I don't feel burned out at this point.

Whenever I logged into discord, I just didn't know what to say, looking at how I am not delivering even though I am relentlessly grinding and spending my whole day on creating content for 0.08.5 for so long now.

I know people are waiting and have waited for some time now, but working on LaS now comes with pressure and stress to a point where it's almost crippling.
And that's what I want to announce in this post - I will be taking a break from working on LaS for the time being.

I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you guys, but I truly don't feel like I can keep going like this.

As for how long the pause on game development is going to be, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't want to set a date on it.

I will however still be checking into discord and maybe even make some posts about my thoughts on 3D related matters, but I really want to get a normal "relationship" with the project again, instead of waking up to a full day of failure and just feel like I am repeatedly hitting a wall.

While on the break I also plan to look into the script and I'm considering making changes to the dialogue or similar to avoid a repeat of the above. I don't want to run into something like this ever again and of course, I hope to come up with something that finally works.

I am not sure if it's simply a mindset thing or I may just be setting expectations for myself which I can't meet. Either way, I hope by taking a break I can both organize my life and get a healthy/normal sleep schedule once again. Also, I hope to get a less stressful mindset towards LaS in general (Which by all means is mostly self-imposed.).

As for the Patreon page, I've decided to leave things as they are for now as I have no idea how things are going to change (I will update the front page though).

I also completely understand that for many this is not professional nor acceptable, in that case, if you choose to drop or cancel your pledge altogether, I wholeheartedly want to thank you for checking out the game and for all previous support.

I will keep working on becoming the developer LaS and future projects need.

While this sucks, it is by no means the end. I will continue, I just can't say when that time will come.

For now, stay safe guys.
xd

Reactions: vmaks

Cuveira

Nov 30, 2018
again hitting a wall, he burn out with the project no wonder,
my guest is when the first time he hold the project bcs he dealing with IRL issue this is the point where i think half of his supporter left cs he took almost 1 year break, then came back with only half or less supporter left, want to update the game but he doesnt have same passion like before thats why he dont like the way it turn out and scrap everything.
there is solution to this problem, and the only solution i can think of is just stop.... give this project to your community let them handle it, and for the creator just start fresh with new project that has nothing to do with LAS,
there is no point for the creator to continue this anymore. if he push it and release the update anyway you and your supporter will not satisfied with the end result.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
restarted, but game is broken as laptop cant be used as it being updated, but to continue game I must use laptop to look up movies to watch later on, but as i said laptop is updating so i cant use it and no doors or paths trigger a new scene

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Nah, as i see it. It's the end. Several years ago i said i was seeing him make a last update which he did and be done with it.
Haven't change my mind, this project is just too much to handle for him, he has neither the will (mental resilience/health), the skill (he's known to struggle with code) or the passion (not a hard worker) for it. Still, at this point i'd appreciate if he'd close his patreon, because it's obviously not gonna happen and it doesn't serve any purpose (aside his wallet) to make people hope about a possible update.

PPanGames

Developer of Forbidden Passion and TlooB
Game Developer
May 8, 2019
Reposting from Patreon for anyone interested. Game is abandoned again.

I've been thinking a long time about writing this post and I think it's the right move to be fully transparent here. These last few months were horrible and I am definitely going crazy taking the game apart and simply not being satisfied with both the content I'm currently working on and in the recent past.

There were moments where I was optimistic and thought "I will get there" if I just create and try out different versions of the scenes, and yet after all those attempts I end up going to bed feeling like I made the progress I can build on, only to find I scrap everything because it was horrible/unusable on the next day (It actually was horrible).

I would be lying if I said I don't feel burned out at this point.

Whenever I logged into discord, I just didn't know what to say, looking at how I am not delivering even though I am relentlessly grinding and spending my whole day on creating content for 0.08.5 for so long now.

I know people are waiting and have waited for some time now, but working on LaS now comes with pressure and stress to a point where it's almost crippling.
And that's what I want to announce in this post - I will be taking a break from working on LaS for the time being.

I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you guys, but I truly don't feel like I can keep going like this.

As for how long the pause on game development is going to be, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't want to set a date on it.

I will however still be checking into discord and maybe even make some posts about my thoughts on 3D related matters, but I really want to get a normal "relationship" with the project again, instead of waking up to a full day of failure and just feel like I am repeatedly hitting a wall.

While on the break I also plan to look into the script and I'm considering making changes to the dialogue or similar to avoid a repeat of the above. I don't want to run into something like this ever again and of course, I hope to come up with something that finally works.

I am not sure if it's simply a mindset thing or I may just be setting expectations for myself which I can't meet. Either way, I hope by taking a break I can both organize my life and get a healthy/normal sleep schedule once again. Also, I hope to get a less stressful mindset towards LaS in general (Which by all means is mostly self-imposed.).

As for the Patreon page, I've decided to leave things as they are for now as I have no idea how things are going to change (I will update the front page though).

I also completely understand that for many this is not professional nor acceptable, in that case, if you choose to drop or cancel your pledge altogether, I wholeheartedly want to thank you for checking out the game and for all previous support.

I will keep working on becoming the developer LaS and future projects need.

While this sucks, it is by no means the end. I will continue, I just can't say when that time will come.

For now, stay safe guys.
Shiet

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Updating 2 years from now like before. Stay tune:ROFLMAO:
this last update also broke the game as you could get paste the movie night last time, but now there is a permanent bug with laptop is still updating so you cant check for movies that prevent you from moving past that lol

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes